It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Any Alien civilization advanced enough to have figured out how to traverse interstellar/galactic space has learned how NOT to destroy itself. Meaning, it has learned how much of an advantage being peaceful is.

Really? Why is that? People always seem to assume that they MUST be highly advanced to build a spaceship... yet Tesla had the concept 100 years ago... But instead of exploration, we chose war. It wasn't until AFTER WWII that our government started lying to us. Before then they were working for the people and the cop on the beat was your friend.

There is NO REASON to believe they are any more advanced than we are today... all that is required is that they took a slightly different line of research and didn't call their anti gravity scientists idiots

If they find us, they will study us, and perhaps use us as a case study on how VIOLENCE is counter productive to civilization as a whole. That's pretty much what's going on now - they are studying us and occasionally they take "samples" back to their laboratory.

This is a belief only... If they were friendly they wouldn't need to clandestinely abduct thousands of humans to perform experiments on them.

As to "VIOLENCE is counter productive to civilization" Our civilization has been violent from the first day when Cain killed his brother. Seems civilization has advance quite nicely despite the violence

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh my goodness I dont take it so seriously.
Fear mongering?

Hey muzzleflash, I love ya but its not serious.
Did you miss the part about The Royal Society?

I mean, why would they fear monger?

I in no way intended to call you a fear monger burntheships. I like you lol.

I was just criticizing the study in that way.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

"
Point # 1 ) If aliens wanted us dead, we already would be dead. "

This is the first thing i've seen come outta your mouth that is right . Mr. consitution cherry picker =p

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't typically view an alien race as good or evil.

Instead I tend to view an alien group as being a big mix, similar to our human race.

Some are good, some are bad, and others are neutral - on the fence.

This seems like the most reasonable possibility to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

In reply to your title, i would say thats fair comment if that particular alien species has been watching what we're capable of doing, i mean come on

If nasa suddenly declared they had discovered a planet and it had the infighting wars and the crimes etc etc would you assume them to be hostile? A threat?
Bearing in mind the last time you were here it was a bio paradise surrounded by life, then you returned to see the sea dying, the fish and birds, the pollution and wrecklessness? Would you find them hostile?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Taking it from there, do you think they would war with themselves then?

I wonder about this...

And *whew* glad ya still like me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't think this makes much sense because you would first have to start with the assumption that aliens would be confined to our technology and that they would be searching the universe for Gold and Silver because we think it's valuable.

If they had advanced nanotechnology for instance or advanced claytronics then resources wouldn't be rare to them. So we shouldn't assume that they share the same tribal motives as we do in this stage of our existence.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

In reply to your title, i would say thats fair comment if that particular alien species has been watching what we're capable of doing, i mean come on

If nasa suddenly declared they had discovered a planet and it had the infighting wars and the crimes etc etc would you assume them to be hostile? A threat?
Bearing in mind the last time you were here it was a bio paradise surrounded by life, then you returned to see the sea dying, the fish and birds, the pollution and wrecklessness? Would you find them hostile?

I can see that, sure. I see mankind is abhorrent in his stewardship of the earth.

However we are here, and it is the planet we live on.

I would need for the aliens to prove they could do a better job.

If they cant prove they are better, then I dont think they would have any right to The Earth,
Its people or its resources. Can you agree?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You only declare war on things that you feel threatened by and need to take direct action to resolve.

Aliens would not feel threatened by us primitive humans.

Therefore, they would not declare war on us.

We are too low of a life form to even merit a declaration of war from beings that advanced.

They would probably act the same way we do towards wildlife when we go in the Amazon.

They would ignore us while they terraformed and collected resources. Dangerous animals would removed and relocated. Some of us might be adopted as pets. Some of us would be studied, reseached and cataloged. We would most likley all end up in wildlife preserves and arcological preserves somewhere else on the planet. They would relocate us as they needed. If the resource collection involved destroying the planet, they would probably take life from earth and put it on a designated preserve planet.

Realistically if they did come to our star system, they would mine and collect resources from the Gas giants and their moons and probably outright ignore us.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What if aliens copyrighted DNA language ?
You and all living beings you see around
are working on the DNA software...

What if every 10000 years as good farmers "cut" us
and we start over again from the beginning ...
so we never grow enough to challenge them ?

I think we're just that. A crop .
and where there is a crop there is often a farmer..
I just hope that harvesting won't happen in my lifetime !

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Then again that idea always pops up Futurama - S01E01 - Space Pilot 3000 in my head. Where Fry gets frozen then aliens come, destroy humanity then we re-build... pewpewlazers down to the ground!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A look at past UFO related stuff..

Friendly
Sending one ship and a small group to talk to our superiors (Val Thor et al 1959)
Meeting with one of us Adamski, Menger, Meier,

Not Friendly
Cattle Mutilations - Not Friendly
Human Abductions - Not Friendly
Anal Probes - - Not Friendly (well some may argue this one
)
Making deals with the PTB to trade 'specimens' for tech
DULCE type labs

Loki type Jokesters
Buzzing our Aircraft during war (Foo Fighters)
Buzzing around our skies teasing us (Critters, Orbs, Plasma balls)
Teasing Channellers with messages and leaving them out to dry

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Here's a dumb idea for you: Aliens may exist, but they have to be this way in nature..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am one of those who believes there's more than enough evidence proving we've already had visitation by e.t. races at some time or other, way back in our past, with some remaining for quite some time as teachers and perhaps even helping us along by altering our D.N.A.. Old stories that get handed down do change quite a bit, especially those that have been told and re-told for several hundred years, even more if they are as old as those told in the Old Testament. Even stories that old still retain a certain amount of truth, and this makes me think of the early books that speak of more than one god, and how they were at war with each other. I seems that at least one of these "gods" was a scientist who made some major changes to humans, so that we end up looking like him/her. I don't believe it was the intention of these early visitors or "gods" as humans believed them to be, to destroy what they created, unless of course the experiment took a wrong turn, and take a wrong turn we surely did! I'm sure it was meant for us to evolve (with their help) to become a race that wasn't only peaceful, but at some time down the road could in turn help advance the dominant species on other worlds, the same way they helped us along. Unfortunately we developed into a species that is violent and has no qualms about killing our own and destroying the beautiful world on which we live (a Garden Of Eden, maybe?). We are a failed experiment and perhaps now it's time to call it off before we conquer interstellar spaceflight and bring ruin to other planets, just as we have our own.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

That's exactly what the OP is saying..
Rawr smash.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Mabey some are up on data of recent discoveries outside of general populace knowledge in concern with celestials.. I still wouldnt consider all Alien or E.T. life to behave this way. Some may have orders from the most highest.
edit on 1/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Last time I checked, the Most Highest has bottlenecked humanity repeatedly, both in the Byrd-approved archaeological record, and in the Apocalyptic histories of world religions.

Beware the Most Highest.

smh.....
And during any harvest there are ripe and non ripe. Remember this and make sure your a ripe soul and not a egotistical waste here to do more harm then good to EA and its inhabitants, Power driven ect.. Unfortunately there may have been more negatives then positives in the times in which you speak (more followers of evol dictators). Look at EA today do you see the same? NO there are more poor and humble and stressed then there are rich and evol followers. Don't get me wrong there are many maybe about 33% OR 45% of EA EVOL/IGNORANT ECT. Which signifies much overall when viewing a species DEVELOPMENT. Maybe back then human development still was in lower phases and humans would listen to first human or 100 monkey who caught on that they can manipulate the masses with sacrifices or magic to do their deeds implanting more evol overall in the many societies back then NUMBERS MAYBE FLUCTUATED BETWEEN 55% TO 70 % EVOL SO it seems humanity is advancing and in time the nonperfect genes should be worked out well.... SAY about another 65 million or so . (wonders what the names would be then maybe they will call em BLUES) The most highest should not be feared friend UNLESS YOU ARE EVOL!?!?!?!

edit on 1/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Aliens may exist, but they have to be this way in nature..

I dont think thats dumb at all.
If they exist, they have a nature. Just like mankind has a nature.

Whos to say they would be inherently good or better than mankind?

I actually think thats a great thought on your part.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Friendly
Sending one ship and a small group to talk to our superiors (Val Thor et al 1959)

Not Friendly
)
DULCE type labs

Loki type Jokesters

I know you're generalising here but... Some abductions are friendly, The anal probe thing is more of a joke than something actually experienced in abductions and we can't be sure who or what carries out cattle mutilations, it might be our military black ops. We also can't say what the foo fighters were they could be plasma life forms but not necessarily be 'alien'. The 'teasing' as you describe it may just be our interpretation of events or life forms we don't understand.

I'm always surprised that these scientists just come out with blanket statements about 'the aliens' and have never considered that there may be multiple alien races, all with different motivations. As others have pointed out, they might turn out to be interdimensional too, which means those big telescopes are not going to find them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Friendly

Not Friendly
)
DULCE type labs

Loki type Jokesters

Zorgon, nice

Not much of that sounds on the freindly side.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If a race of aliens have more to do with the human race, you are bound to get more stories. Stories that I will add are not proven and are also individual claims- not something the majority report. If a race only came to visit on rare occasions, I would assume it would be easy to give off and maintain good vibes.

All this is the same with people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join