It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scorrick

Well I dont know. Stephen Hawking says the same thing!

Reaching out to the stars with our messages of curiosity and peace may only make it easier for an advanced alien mining operation to stake a claim on Earth, said famous physicist Stephen Hawking in his new television series "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking."
www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

If you look at the manner in which our technology was acquired (mostly as a consequence of some conflict or other) Why would the aliens be any different ? They could be agressive as hell. But then again, their technology may have evolved over millions of years, and they could be as passive as a bunny-rabbit.
No real way to know until we meet them. (If we haven't already)
And they are out there....no doubt about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

True, I was about to suggest the exact statements.

An interstellar civilization would be a type two civilization and has probably eradicated war and 90% of our social problems from their society. IF an alien race wanted to enslave us, it would've happened by now and Humans never would've been allowed to develop nuclear weapons.

Completely incoherent study. Coming to typical old fashion views.

IF Earth is being visited by aliens - then you and I would've been vaporized by now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This is so absurd and incorrect that I would have to call it fear mongering propaganda.

Point # 1 ) If aliens wanted us dead, we already would be dead.

Which would then imply that since we are not dead, there are no aliens here yet

Point # 2 ) If hostile aliens approached, they would have orbital bombardment capabilities and would be able to destroy Earth in seconds.

That would be a shameless waste of resources. You are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. Also hard to conquer and occupy what you just blew up. And why would you travel so far just to waste a planet? (Unless they are pissed at our TV shows
)

Just because humans want to destroy everything they see, it does not follow that all other lifeforms will also be as negative and twisted.

The only flaw in your reasoning is that an explorer race would not be pacifists, because the love and light type would be lazing away in a lala land and there would be no progress. This has been shown throughout history. It's sad to say but peace leads to apathy. No need to explore planets if everything is rosy at home. So to go into space you would need an aggressive attitude

edit on 12-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I agree it's better to err on the side of caution, but at least let's present both sides. Not just the same old "they're out to get us!" line we're feed with regularity by the columnists/MSM.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by muzzleflash

Completely incoherent study. Coming to typical old fashion views.

IF Earth is being visited by aliens - then you and I would've been vaporized by now.

So...Stephen Hawking is old fashioned? Old School eh?

If intelligent alien life forms do exist out in the vastness of the space, they might not be the friendly cosmic neighbors the people of Earth are looking for, famed British scientist Stephen Hawking says in a new television series chronicling his work to explore the secrets of the universe.
www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Any Alien civilization advanced enough to have figured out how to traverse interstellar/galactic space has learned how NOT to destroy itself. Meaning, it has learned how much of an advantage being peaceful is.

If they find us, they will study us, and perhaps use us as a case study on how VIOLENCE is counter productive to civilization as a whole. That's pretty much what's going on now - they are studying us and occasionally they take "samples" back to their laboratory.
edit on 12-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: use

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Heck ya, Ste-Hawk is ol'skool, keepin' it fresh with Quantum-Terrorism.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

they are probably here and well established with the rich and wealthy tryrants that rule this planet.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Well all over the internet the other side is presented... The Pleadians, the GFL, all those benevolent Aliens channelling through mediums with a message of hope and help... Yet every time they fail to show...

So either they are not real... or they are lying through their teeth... (or whatever they use)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I use to not believe in all that false flag alien nonsense but now I'm starting to wonder. Seems like they are trying awfully hard to depict any extraterrestrial life as being harmful to our existence. I'm seeing way more stories taking this approach and it worries me. Why wouldn't they have destroyed us as soon as we began using nuclear weapons? Why wait until now?

I am of the belief (emphasis on belief) that "aliens" are spiritually advanced beings. Not the greys though!

But back on subject, it really seems like someone wants us to be afraid. But why?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi

I agree it's better to err on the side of caution, but at least let's present both sides. Not just the same old "they're out to get us!" line we're feed with regularity by the columnists/MSM.

Ok I agee, lets present the other side.

Here, just published from California -

"A California psychologist says human beings may be ready to accept evidence of extra-terrestrial intelligence without widespread panic.

Dr. Albert Harrison of the University of California`s Davis campus said such a discovery `may be far less startling for generations that have been brought up with word processors, electronic calculators, avatars and cellphones as compared with earlier generations,` The Scotsman reported Tuesday.`"

thesop.org...

www.upi.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Dang. The CSMonitor?

I think there are some friendly and some not so friendlies out there. The trick's going to be telling one from the other. Humans aren't great communicators.
edit on 1/12/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This sentence here made me chuckle ""If intelligent aliens exist, they will look just like us""

If they exist and are intelligent then I'm sure they wouldn't want to look like us or be remotely associated with the only species on Earth who kill each other for fun.

Wolfie

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Of course there are hostile alien civilizations out there... Wherever spacecraft travel, they can be given or back engineered. So, the argument that only advanced, intelligent (and thus peaceful you say, I would tend to agree with you) civilizations would have the technology to travel between stars is foolish. We should always be prepared, even for the the supposedly unlikely, for it wise to understand that the unlikely is only as unlikely as time permits and we are human and thus prone to error of judgement.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Mabey some are up on data of recent discoveries outside of general populace knowledge in concern with celestials.. I still wouldnt consider all Alien or E.T. life to behave this way. Some may have orders from the most highest.
edit on 1/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Last time I checked, the Most Highest has bottlenecked humanity repeatedly, both in the Byrd-approved archaeological record, and in the Apocalyptic histories of world religions.

Beware the Most Highest.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The only flaw in your reasoning is that an explorer race would not be pacifists, because the love and light type would be lazing away in a lala land and there would be no progress. This has been shown throughout history. It's sad to say but peace leads to apathy. No need to explore planets if everything is rosy at home. So to go into space you would need an aggressive attitude.

Agreed. Now, there may be aliens who are even more advanced, and who have managed to figure out a way to have all their needs met by their own cleverness, creating food and shelter and whatever out of virtuality. But those are not the types we're likely to meet, either. They'd be completely uninterested in us.

Nope, the kind of aliens we're likely to cross paths with are the aggressive, exploring, fighting type, who feel the need to get off their home planet and see what else is out there. And to do that, they'll need to consume and take and do whatever else is necessary to move and expand and travel through the universe. Because that's what explorers do. And even if they don't purposely mean to cause us harm, they probably would anyway.

Best thing for us is at least keep them at a distance, if we can. Until we can deal with them on equal terms.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Any Alien civilization advanced enough to have figured out how to traverse interstellar/galactic space has learned how NOT to destroy itself. Meaning, it has learned how much of an advantage being peaceful is.

Based on nothing more than wishful thinking.

Maybe they never had the language or race issues that have helped divide humans and contribute to all the warring factions. Or maybe their beliefs closely parallel the "jihadists" here on earth or the "borg" from Star Trek, and they won't rest until they have "assimilated" everything. Maybe they're so far in advance over us that we seem like ants or even bacteria to them if they even noticed us. Even if you wouldn't purposely harm an ant, how many have you killed by accident (or because they were in your kitchen) in your lifetime?

There is just as much hard evidence supporting what I've said - none - as there is to support yours.
edit on 1/12/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
This sentence here made me chuckle ""If intelligent aliens exist, they will look just like us""

If they exist and are intelligent then I'm sure they wouldn't want to look like us or be remotely associated with the only species on Earth who kill each other for fun.

Wolfie

If they look like us, thats no big deal.

That would not be what they are.

If it serves them and thier purpose to look like us I am sure they would have no problems donning a
human look.

Ummm lets see....I can hear them arguing....."but I dont want to look like one the them"

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Pleadians
failed mass-sightings, etc. But then you have more convincing evidence of "other-worldly knowledge" floating around... Obviously their fervent beliefs brought them pontificate their "messages"; MKUltra?
Targeted Dis-info?

It's almost like looking at the exact MagicEye from Clerks and seeing a duck.
edit on 12-1-2011 by igigi because: Gramm3r Naz-----AAAAH

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join