It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: If Aliens Exist, They Probably Want To Destroy Us

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It seems very reasonable to fear contact with ET intelligence.

An intelligence from another world is going to be a force with a goal system totally alien to your own, and has the ability (by way of intelligence) to actively interfere with your own goals. Like encounters with termite infestations, cancer, or enemy soldiers on the battlefield, the intelligent thing is to shoot first and ask questions later.

There is no guarantee that any specific alien intelligence will definitely be hostile, but if there are hostile intelligences that are actively seeking out and destroying other forms of intelligence, then the universe is likely populated mostly by the hostile ones, i.e., the survivors. Only those aggressive enough to prepare for interstellar war are going to be able to fight one.

And you can forget about the spiritually enlightened benevolent ET. They will invest no more interest in our survival or prosperity than we invest in that of a colony of ants. Actually, they'll have less qualms about destroying us because not only are we a potential threat to them (by way of our intelligence), but we are not an integral part of their ecology (they will not suffer in any way meaningful to them if we are made to unexist).

----

Actually, maybe the more intelligent thing to do would be to stay out of sight. Since it would only make sense to "shoot first and ask questions later" if you knew you could actually win the ensuing fight. This could also explain the Fermi paradox.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

your right they would not declare war on us , they would do the same thing we as humans do to our own people who; in our eyes, are less technically adavanced as we are. they will take our resources and move us on to reservations were we can be watched

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Steven hawking actually makes a good point.

If we dont know whats out there, sennding endless signals to reach out might not be in our best interest.

Unfortunately its already too late. NASA has sent numerous messages(including ones of hitler... LOL) out to space.

Its just a matter of time before somebody finds us.

You can only imagine what might be out there...

However assuming an alien civilization will behave and act just like primitive man is pretty naive.

Its naive to assume one or the other.

The question isnt whether or not an alien race would want resources, its more or less a matter of "what" is it that we have that they want?
edit on 14-1-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Steven hawking actually makes a good point.

If we dont know whats out there, sennding endless signals to reach out might not be in our best interest.

Unfortunately its already too late. NASA has sent numerous messages(including ones of hitler... LOL) out to space.

Its just a matter of time before somebody finds us.

You can only imagine what might be out there...

However assuming an alien civilization will behave and act just like primitive man is pretty naive.

Its naive to assume one or the other.

The question isnt whether or not an alien race would want resources, its more or less a matter of "what" is it that we have that they want?
edit on 14-1-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

yeah, just think if malicious aliens pulled up close the planet and tuned into our TV satellite signals and watched our TV long enough to get a good picture of us.

they would learn a few things, wouldn't they.

Things that would not bode well for us. We have fake ass reality TV so obviously we're very gullible and we will buy all kinds of # and put all kinds of crap into and on our bodies and the world leaders are insane and nobody really knows what the #s going on ESPECIALLY the people who are telling everyone else what's going on.

Yeah... in many different ways I think we are really hanging out our dirty laundry and seem to just put things out there like no one's watching.
What if ALL kinds of beings are watching. I at least hoping they are getting a laugh. I at least hope our kind can serve the purpose of some comedic relief in the galactic community.... or maybe the Earth will be destroyed without humans having ever done much of anything when it comes to the rest of the universe outside of this little planet we can hardly see past.
edit on 14-1-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: Ooops... the dreaded double post

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

And I recalled watching a YouTube video titled: "UFO's cause Solar Reflex Vortex part one"

Link is here --> www.youtube.com...

The above video may suggest that UFO's are using our own sun for time travel.

What are your thoughts?! Very cool video.

I took time to watch that video. You are right, its a very cool vid.

Not being an expert, cant comment on what creates those vortex after impact.
However, that is new to me, and I am marking it high interest. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You only declare war on things that you feel threatened by and need to take direct action to resolve.

Aliens would not feel threatened by us primitive humans.

Therefore, they would not declare war on us.

We are too low of a life form to even merit a declaration of war from beings that advanced.

You mean like the Roman Empire and their conquest of the British Isles filled with Druid worshiping primitives.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If life is relatively rare then i suspect the aliens would observe us first for a while just because they may naturally be curiuous. If they traveled here then it also means they are highly advanced so it wouldnt take long to learn what they need to learn and then get down to business.

Those who think they would "infiltrate and take us out through the drinking water" and all that are crazy and have watched too many movies. They would exterminate us like we do cock-roaches and that is that (if that is their intention).

If they dont need us for food or our planet for resources (because both are so abundant in the universe and they can get to them) then they may just choose to observe us like we do animals at a zoo.

Thanks for playing. Good-night.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How do you communicate with ants? Is it easy? I mean we are more intelligent then they are. How do we communicate with them?

reply to post by demonseed

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I still believe that a much more intelligent being would not be interested in war and destroying us for our planet.. or what ever it may be, i believe a much more inteligent being would realise that us humans would probably try and shoot them down. so maybe they are waiting for us to be ready or intelligent enough to realise they may come in peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tokzik

Or they would like to control us, it may be what they want. For us to worship them, make us understand that we are inferior in thinking and understanding and that we must do what they say.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

Thank you for linking to that excellent article! I think it's smart to take many different possibilities into account, which is what that provides.

"Either we're alone...or aliens exist and they are out to get us" just doesn't cut it. Other options should be presented, such as: if aliens were acquisitive and resource-hungry, perhaps - for purely selfish reasons - they wouldn't want to destroy us (whatever those reasons may be). Maybe they'd come our way in search of certain resources, but wouldn't find what they were looking for...or perhaps they would, and they'd simply take what they wanted and leave without bothering with any of us.

If peaceful species exist, I disagree that they'd all be the sort to sit around just being content all day. Providing they were intelligent, they would likely be curious...so it's entirely possible that a peaceful species would wish to explore the universe, and continue learning and observing.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join