It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the money the federal Reserve earns being used for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The fed lends out money at an interest. Basically the fed earns 5% a year on every dollar in circulation, if we are conservative, printed or digital. The interest is payed for by the income tax. What does the Fed do with all the money it recieves?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

They buy yachts and porches.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Questions like this would alllll be solved by auditing the Fed. Just once in the 98 years of the Fed institution, I think the People are owed an explanation on why they continue to devalue our national currency; where does all the money go.

Don't just tell us it's MISSING, tell us where it went and what were the PRACTICES that brought about the disaster.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
they use all that money to purchase false scarcity. i suppose you could say....it keeps the rats in the wheel.

but you should stop thinking of it in terms of absolutes. it is more like a feedback system wherein that 5% figure does not represent "wealth collected" as much as "rate of foreclosure".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What do you think private banks use the money for?
Themselves!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve returns its profits to the U.S. Treasury Department. This year it was close to 60 Billion dollars.

How can people be unaware or ignorant of this?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Yeah, they say the interest payed is refunded back to the gov't... but that just seems like Peter robbing Paul to pay Mary, as the saying goes.

Money changing agencies at the speed of EFTs.. I'm no money-launder..er.. but the Fed seems shady as *^%$.
People's Audit: that's the ticket!
edit on 12-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
What does the Fed do with all the money it receives?

I'm sure if we knew the real answer to this question...we wouldn't have a Federal Reserve.

Other than that, I bet they use the money to line their collective pockets.
They might say they use it to pay back the Treasury, but all of our taxes are supposed to go to the Treasury.
I bet that last statement is erroneous too.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
To the house of Rothschild!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
The Federal Reserve returns its profits to the U.S. Treasury Department. This year it was close to 60 Billion dollars.

How can people be unaware or ignorant of this?

Because no one cares to research, just repeat what they read on on blogs. Much easier that way.

If you like falling asleep reading here is all the information..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Where in the Federal Reserve Act, and abiding laws, does it deal with how to handle $9 trillion in missing "funds"?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

First of all noone buys the 60 billion...second of all the U.S. Treasury Department, what do they do with the funds.

And since they never had the funds to begin with, how can it be returned to them.

edit on 12-1-2011 by GrinchNoMore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
To the house of Rothschild!

When was this house built? You say it was built with the Money the Federal reserve collected, which has been contributed by taxpayers?
edit on 12-1-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That's the mega-trillion $ question.

The Fed's owning families, whom are NEVER discussed in public, know. THEY should be asked.
Last time I heard there are something like 20 owning families of the Fed now. Let's get THEM exposed, then expose the whole scheme they've had going for a century now, then take them all down.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TypeSH2001

Here's a depiction of how the Fed is staffed and appointed and gets things "done":

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Do you understand how the Federal Reserve works? It's OK, it isn't like the knowledge is commonplace. The Fed purchases securities in an open auction format just like you or I could participate in.

I do not know about 60 billion, or what you are referencing I mean.

You should just go to the link I provided or Wikipedia and read. Good luck not falling asleep though, seriously boring material.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

You will have to do better than a small video clip that is obviously meant to have a bias. Most everything I have ever read on this website and other misinformational blogs around the Internet pertaining to the FR is false.

Fed System Audits in .pdf format - you might have to substitute the correct 2 digit year for the most current

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Do a search on the Rothschild banking dynasty here on ATS, Google, wherever? Plenty of info on this available to come to your own conclusions!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

In the document you supplied, you are presented on page 439:

The financial statements of the Board Governors for 2008 and 2007 were audited by Deloitte & Touche LLP, independent auditors.

Here lies the issue at it's heart: if the Fed is being "independently audited" then why the need for the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 which aims to:

According to its short title, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (H.R. 1207) amends Title 31 of the United States Code "to reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States and the manner in which such audits are reported". It strikes exceptions to the audit protocol in 31 U.S.C. § 714 for the Federal Reserve System, the central bank of the United States, and replaces an indefinite deadline with a deadline of December 2010.[1] It also ensures the audit results are available to Congress.[2] The audit would include the Fed's "discount window", its funding facilities, its open market operations, and its agreements with foreign bankers.[3]

Proponents state that the Fed has never been audited by Congress since the Fed's creation in 1913.[4][5] The Federal Reserve states that "the financial statements of the Federal Reserve Banks and the Board of Governors are audited annually by an independent outside auditor."[6] The bill's sponsor, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), counters by stating that the present audit process exempts the Fed's "most crucial activities".[7]

Here we have the heart of the issue: the "independent audit" performed on the Fed is not a *real* audit; it exempts Fed balance sheets and actions that would adversely effect the report.

In an opinion article written by Ron Paul (who will lead the domestic monetary policy subcommittee of the House Financial Services panel now) for the POLITICO, wrote this:

There is a statute in place that allows audits of the Federal Reserve; however, the most crucial activities of the Fed are specifically exempted. I seek to remove these exemptions to get a clearer picture of what is going on with our monetary system. For instance, what arrangements does it have with other foreign central banks? What the Fed does on that front could very well affect or undermine foreign policy — even contribute to starting a war. We also need to know the source and destination of funds provided through the Fed’s emergency funding facilities. This information will provide a more accurate and complete picture of the true cost of these endless bailouts and spending packages and could very likely affect the decisions being made in Congress.

The issue is that the audits "done" on the Fed are a fraud. We don't even know what arrangements the Fed have made with other foreign central banks
that's mind-boggling! An Institution with the power to make or break our currency should have STRICT oversight by the People.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

It has oversight with the best minds available. Do you think your state representative, that is just a corporate pawn, should be allowed to make decisions? Do you believe people that receive donations should be allowed to vote on how to fix interest rate policy? Are you braindead?

No Fed Chairman can receive "donations". It doesn't work like that. Don't you believe the FED should remain independent of this system? I don't believe you actually know of repercussions that would result of your "perfect world". I also don't believe you know what the FED actually does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join