It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion - Step by step instructions - Aladdin's FUSION lamp.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610

Originally posted by binomialtheorem

en.wikipedia.org...

No change in energy at all, just energy transfer. But how efficient do you think it is.

That is a good question, and difficult to answer without a laboratory, however, it is well in excess of that used to start it.

I just ripped this from the same page you did on Wikipedia.

The fusion of lighter nuclei, which creates a heavier nucleus and a free neutron, generally releases more energy than it takes to force the nuclei together; this is an exothermic process that can produce self-sustaining reactions. The National Ignition Facility, which uses laser-driven inertial confinement fusion, is thought to be capable of break-even fusion. The first large-scale laser target experiments were performed in June 2009 and ignition experiments will begin in 2010.

Laser Driven, this is Heat induced just like this planet.

Inertial Confinement, I am using Dry Earth for confinement just like this planet.
The Pot is coated with Gold, 98% Reflective, we have an atmosphere that serves the same purpose.

Basically you just said that radioactive decay is the same thing as being heated up by a laser.

Just remember the point, DRY EARTH is an awesome insulator, The Gold reflects 98% of the heat by surface area, so, it takes a while to get the LEAD hot, but once it's started to get hot, the heat cannot escape faster than it is input, so it gets hotter and hotter. It is forced up the pear because that is the only way it can go - the path of "least resistance", into the tin, the same again, constant, increasing heat from below, melts the Tin, the Heat can still only go up, multiplied yet again, into the silicon which gets so hot it melts.

The Lead by now is so hot that it is emitting Radiation, again, following the path of least resistance, into the Tin, the tin can only accept so much more until it reaches the point of fusion and send even more Neutrons into the Silicon, causing it to transmute into Phosperous and burn.

Does that help?

I have had this running.
Do not forget yourself you are just doing the same thing that I can do with a garden hose.

Say I have a garden hose if water is running through it, and a finger is blocking its path, then the water goes through with more intensity. The overall force of the water is the same.

Tell me at what temperature do you think it takes for an object to start to fuse? Well let me give you an answer, about 10 million degrees.(I think it might be kelvin.)
Not to mention the fact that all objects radiate, or the fact that you yourself mention that you need something to heat it up in the beginning to this temperature, then to cool it down, then to magically heat it up.

Chemical thermodynamics

This does not answer the question as to what chemical reaction is taking place here.

Next part of my post is going to be here after I read through your post again.

It is part of the thermodynamics involved in your "Cold fusion machine".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by binomialtheorem

IS burning something a chemical reaction...

Yes.

It does not answer how the phosphorous gets there to burn though.

Sand does not burn.

Dang it, I cannot believe I haven't noticed this the whole time.

It is OBVIOUS that this is a product of the chemical reaction.

Does sand = Phosphorous?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I cannot believe you have actually written that? We make electricity using heat now?
In fact ALL AC electricity is made from HEAT one way or another.

LOL - well then go for it! If you want to convert the relatively small amount of heat you are getting out of the can to electricity, go for it. But, if you want to make electricity from heat, then why don't you just use the heat from the furnace/oven you were using?

You obviously have NO CONCEPT of energy loss during conversions. The amount of energy you get out of your Budweiser/sand heat storage device is TINY compared to the amount of energy you are PUTTING INTO IT.

You should probably take some basic physics courses before venturing directly into advanced fusion.

edit on 12-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I do thank you for the questions.

Basically you just said that radioactive decay is the same thing as being heated up by a laser.

No, I stated that they are using a LASER to heat up the "Fuel" and that I am using HEAT.

Do not forget yourself you are just doing the same thing that I can do with a garden hose

You can melt Silicon into Glass and then into phosperous with your garden hose?
The analogy is not even close.

Say I have a garden hose if water is running through it, and a finger is blocking its path, then the water goes through with more intensity. The overall force of the water is the same.

I do not see any similarity between a garden hose and a heat induced nuclear reaction, in fact, I am truly amazed you've said that?

Does your garden hose increase the pressure of the water in the centre?
Does your garden hose restrict the flow of water?

No, yet, if you keep the pressure of water the same and decrease the apeture the water comes out of, then it comes out harder and faster.

That is a better analogy for your hose.

Tell me at what temperature do you think it takes for an object to start to fuse? Well let me give you an answer, about 10 million degrees

Actually it's about the amount of energy that the element in question can withstand without releasing Neutrons.

Lead is 23Kj/kg. Don't forget, this is about continuous amplification of HEAT.

It is only 16g of LEAD.

250 degrees over 150cm2, directed into 1.5cm2, that's a big difference in surface area. Factor of 100.

Tin is 59Kj/kg, it is only 4g. (it's in an even smaller area)

Silicon is 1926Kj/kg, but there is only 0.5g of that. (not even .25 cm2)

Not to mention the fact that all objects radiate, or the fact that you yourself mention that you need something to heat it up in the beginning to this temperature, then to cool it down, then to magically heat it up

This is not magic, you understand the properties of GOLD yes.

It is part of the thermodynamics involved in your "Cold fusion machine".

So, again, WHAT is burning as you have still not answered that?

The Dry Earth
The Lead
The Tin
The Silicon
Or The Aluminium?

And why does it continue to burn, after the heat is gone.

Why after an hour of burning is there 4g less lead than when it was made?

Where did this LEAD go?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Can we get a drawing/diagram of what it actually does?

Does it just hold heat for a very long time?
Do you light it like a candle?
How long does it 'last'?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

LOL - well then go for it! If you want to convert the relatively small amount of heat you are getting out of the can to electricity, go for it. But, if you want to make electricity from heat, then why don't you just use the heat from the furnace/oven you were using?

That is pedantic, this is an experiment, not an electric Generator and I never said it was.

You asked how to get electricity from it.

You obviously have NO CONCEPT of energy loss during conversions.

So where is the ENERGY loss occuring then as it is designed to mitigate loss to 2%.?

The amount of energy you get out of your Budweiser/sand heat storage device is TINY compared to the amount of energy you are PUTTING INTO IT.

You think? Based on your Garden Hose?

You should probably take some basic physics courses before venturing directly into advanced fusion.

OK. I ask again, is this based on your garden hose?

Have you even thought this through, you've explained to everyone here that this Planet we are sitting on does not work?

I have tried to put this over a simply as I can?

I say again, you are sitting on a ball of dry earth, at the centre of which is a seething ball of molten metal.
This ball is powered by another seething ball of hot metal, the sun.

We have an atmosphere that keeps most, but not all the heat in.

This is exactly the same, except I have chosen a better atmosphere than the planet has.

Does this planet not work exactly as I have stated? Does the planet not have a "FUSION" core.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

I cannot believe you have actually written that? We make electricity using heat now?
In fact ALL AC electricity is made from HEAT one way or another.

You obviously have NO CONCEPT of energy loss during conversions. The amount of energy you get out of your Budweiser/sand heat storage device is TINY compared to the amount of energy you are PUTTING INTO IT.

edit on 12-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

I tried to tell him how he would already lose energy through heat, but I think he is trying to explain to me that the heat is keeping the process alive.

Anyway to the op

have it your way.

Like I said before it was pointless.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Can we get a drawing/diagram of what it actually does?

Diagrams are coming, some pictures above.
A Gold plated one should be available with a video here tomorrow.
The same person has a Neutron Radiation Meter.

Does it just hold heat for a very long time?

In Aluminium a VERY long time. Shockingly so. 5 hours or so before you can open the can and expect to find the remaining Tin & Lead has solidified.

In Gold, Indefinately.

Dry Earth is the strangest stuff. It is the most insulative thing I have come accross. I was stunned at how well it insulates.

Do you light it like a candle?

You can, however once a certain temperature is reached it "self lights"

How long does it 'last'?

In aluminium the heat is held for about half an hour. The flame burns for the same.
Reheating the can allows the above to be repeated.

Twice @ 30 minutes or so removes 4g of LEAD from the CAN.

It also turns the SILICON into a ball of glass.
edit on 12-1-2011 by aoi3610 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by aoi3610 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You obviously have NO CONCEPT of energy loss during conversions.

So where is the ENERGY loss occuring then as it is designed to mitigate loss to 2%.?

The amount of energy you get out of your Budweiser/sand heat storage device is TINY compared to the amount of energy you are PUTTING INTO IT.

You think? Based on your Garden Hose?

OK. I ask again, is this based on your garden hose?

Have you even thought this through, you've explained to everyone here that this Planet we are sitting on does not work?

I was the one who mentioned the garden hose analogy.

ave you even thought this through, you've explained to everyone here that this Planet we are sitting on does not work?

I have tried to put this over a simply as I can?

I say again, you are sitting on a ball of dry earth, at the centre of which is a seething ball of molten metal.
This ball is powered by another seething ball of hot metal, the sun.

We have an atmosphere that keeps most, but not all the heat in.

This is exactly the same, except I have chosen a better atmosphere than the planet has.

Does this planet not work exactly as I have stated? Does the planet not have a "FUSION" core.

THE EARTH IS NOT POWERED BY NUCLEAR FUSION, IT'S CORE IS ONLY HOT BECAUSE OF RADIOACTIVE DECAY!!!!!!!!! NOT FUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The suns heat just powers life on earth.

Explain how geothermal energy is found at places underwater, where the sun's light, i.e. radiation, cannot penetrate.
edit on 12-1-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I tried to tell him how he would already lose energy through heat, but I think he is trying to explain to me that the heat is keeping the process alive.

I told you the process required the Can to be GOLD plated to be true cold fusion.

Gold reflects the Heat back into the CAN much better than the Aluminium.

88% - 98%

The can is shaped so that it is reflected into the centre of the can, where the lead is.

Anyway to the op

have it your way.

It is only pointless if you give up?

You still have not answered the question regarding the Chemical reaction that YOU stated was happening.

What is BURNING in this chemical reaction?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I told you the process required the Can to be GOLD plated to be true cold fusion.

Gold reflects the Heat back into the CAN much better than the Aluminium.

88% - 98%

The can is shaped so that it is reflected into the centre of the can, where the lead is.

Anyway to the op

have it your way.

It is only pointless if you give up?

You still have not answered the question regarding the Chemical reaction that YOU stated was happening.

What is BURNING in this chemical reaction?

You said exactly what you put into this can!

You then said you had to burn it!

Now you are asking me what to burn?

Missing something?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

THE EARTH IS NOT POWERED BY NUCLEAR FUSION, IT'S CORE IS ONLY HOT BECAUSE OF RADIOACTIVE DECAY!!!!!!!!! NOT FUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU MAD.

If that were true then this wood be an ICY BALL OF ROCK.

The SUN powers ALL life on THIS planet, and it powers THE planet.

Explain how geothermal energy is found at places underwater, where the sun's light, i.e. radiation, cannot penetrate.

I would hate to argue, but the SUNS radiation not only passes through the OCEAN, it ALSO passes right through the planet.

Light is NOT the only type of radiation given off by the sun.

And you told me to take some Physics lessons.?

If the planet has the IRON core that science says it has, then what is DECAYING because last time I checked IRON was not subject to much in the way of radioactive decay.?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So, again, WHAT is burning as you have still not answered that?

The Dry Earth
The Lead
The Tin
The Silicon
Or The Aluminium?

My guess would be that it is the Aluminum that is burning (aluminum oxide actually).

Aluminum is actually quite flammable under the right conditions: in fact, aluminum perchlorate is a key component of solid rocket fuel.

And, although most people mistakenly point to the hydrogren gas carried by the Hindenberg as the cause of the dirigible's firey demise; it was actually the aluminum oxide-doped skin of the craft that caused the horrific flames which killed most of the vitims, and are seen in the news photos of the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

My guess would be that it is the Aluminum that is burning (aluminum oxide actually).

Can't be, weighed the can before & after.

Plus, it still looks just how it did when it went in.

Aluminum is actually quite flammable under the right conditions: in fact, aluminum perchlorate is a key component of solid rocket fuel.

Please refer to point above.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

ARE YOU MAD.

If that were true then this wood be an ICY BALL OF ROCK.

The SUN powers ALL life on THIS planet, and it powers THE planet.

I would hate to argue, but the SUNS radiation not only passes through the OCEAN, it ALSO passes right through the planet.

Light is NOT the only type of radiation given off by the sun.

And you told me to take some Physics lessons.?

If the planet has the IRON core that science says it has, then what is DECAYING because last time I checked IRON was not subject to much in the way of radioactive decay.?

I'd much more believe a scientist over you....
www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

The primary energy source of Earth is radioactive decay.

I DID NOT TELL YOU TO TAKE PHYSICS LECTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone else see's why.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

YOU can make all the sarcastic comments you like, but YOU made the chemical reaction comment.

I'd like YOU to answer it.

BUT YOU CANNOT so you resort to childish retorts.

ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER THE QUESTION OR NOT?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

YOU can make all the sarcastic comments you like, but YOU made the chemical reaction comment.

I'd like YOU to answer it.

BUT YOU CANNOT so you resort to childish retorts.

ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER THE QUESTION OR NOT?

The things that are reacting are the substances you put into the can. You burned them, gases are released.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I could quote the wikipedia page that quotes quite happily that science only "postulates" what the Inner core of this planet is made of and how it works.

I am sure you can read.

One Site says it's IRON, another SAYS IRON / Nickel and Others Gold / Platinum.
Some say it's Fission Powered, Some Say Solar powered, Some Say Radioactive Decay.

If you seriously believe some of the crock of s***e you are told then more fool you.

IRON makes NO sense. The heaviest elements will be near the core.
Uranium, Lead, Gold, Platinum etc.

Of course, science is beginning to realise this, GOOGLE it.

The site you gave still quotes The Evolution of Man and Radio Carbon dating.
Both of which are fallacies.

If you think radioactive Decay is powering the increased activity in earthquakes & volcanos then you are about to be awoken.

The centre of this planet is a star, just like the SUN.

It works in EXACTLY the same way. The surface has cooled enough to support life, we are located in a region of space "just" the correct distance from the sun to keep the Planet core ticking over and us alive.

In fact the sun has it's foot on the gas at the moment, but you get the idea.

And you still don't understand the EYE of HORUS.

A 2000+ year old Lamp.

Can you explain why there was no SOOT in the pyramid?

Or did the lamp not work then either?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The things that are reacting are the substances you put into the can. You burned them, gases are released.

So I burned LEAD Gas?

So I burned Silicon Gas?

So I burned Tin Gas?

Do you know how hot it needs to get to turn metal into GAS?
Or Silicon, or Dry Earth.

What are you on?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The centre of this planet is a star, just like the SUN.

Ah, I think it's safe to say that it's a tie.

No more comments from me!

OH and on your comment right above mine, gases are a sign that a chemical reaction has occurred.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join