It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro will collapse… and soon – British MEP

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Euro will collapse… and soon – British MEP

rt.com

With the future of the euro in doubt, there is a growing line of critics warning countries which are embracing the single currency that they are boarding a sinking ship.
­RT spoke to David Campbell Bannerman, a deputy leader of the UK Independence Party, about why Europe needs to open its eyes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
“It is extremely dangerous, as we are seeing with the euro, to force such divergent nations together. I think the tensions you create – economic and political – are profoundly dangerous,” he told RT.

“I personally think the euro will collapse, and soon. I think it could be January or February,” David Campbell Bannerman concluded.

so with all the talk about the us doller, british MEP thinks its going to be the euro first!! il be honist and say i did not expect it to be the euro first,it might not be either! but then again with all the bailout here in europe it only covers up the problem rather than solving it as they try to hide that fact from the markets.
grim looking future and its gona be a long time before this world recession is over!

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Say hello to the new world currency..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What we should do is get rid of all currencies. Once the major currencies collapse, we could begin implementing a resource based economy.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And its starts, Hold on tight people.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

100% in Agreement – And the best way to start is with the money…
interesting how will the currency look???? Lol – picture of the Pope

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ummm yes it would be the Euro first! The only reason the dollar is being propped up is because its the worlds reserve currency and the petrodollar. The euro is MUCH more likely to go down first.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen to the CND$ when the US or the Euro goes down? Canada is suppose to have the strongest economy, and even said to be having economic growth, but what does that all mean agaist the collapse of other currencies?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

edit on 12/1/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would laugh if it got to the level of the Lira... or better yet, the Kwacha. That would just be funny.

Sterling rules. We have Darwin on tenners.

(EDIT: This is relevent because having famous people from your country on your money is one way to slow inflation. True story)
edit on 12/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

I'll bet a - solution - will appear after the - crisis - is announced.
Harness the underground economy. Get rid of the paper euro money.
Everything will be electronic transfers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummm yes it would be the Euro first! The only reason the dollar is being propped up is because its the worlds reserve currency and the petrodollar. The euro is MUCH more likely to go down first.

Yes the euro first. Watch from 2:40min

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i watched the clip... he talks about how the elite are removing religion and God from America which is what the nation was built on in order to bring in the NWO... i'm sorry but, isn't religion part of brainwashing for a NWO?

the bible is a copy write....

EDIT i mean the bible was plagiarized...
edit on 12-1-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
i watched the clip... he talks about how the elite are removing religion and God from America which is what the nation was built on in order to bring in the NWO... i'm sorry but, isn't religion part of brainwashing for a NWO?

the bible is a copy write....

I noted the 2:40min mark, the part about the euro
But the complete part is also interesting.
edit on 12-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

i am not discrediting the Euro part, good post. i was merely bringing up that point for i posted though.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

i am not discrediting the Euro part, good post. i was merely bringing up that point for i posted though.

I was already doubting if i got your message right.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think China is making moves to underpin the Euro.. I really am not sure which (if any) currency will take the hit first.. my assumption is that would hurt the elite in the pocket and thus they would thrust us into an all out conflict to maintain their power.

Failure to do so would be to invite revolution, and place their necks in a noose..

However picking up the pieces from war would be the more logical place to start any new currency venture with all the debt thrust upon the losers..

I would like to think there is another solution or that the elite would not do this to protect themselves, but...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

It's key to point out that the guy saying this is the Deputy Leader of the Euro-Skeptic party...

Grain of salt and all that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We already have a defacto world currency.

The world's central banks, including the Fed, bank through the Bank for Interntional Settlements in Switzerland.

The BIS has used SDRs, Special Drawing Rights since April 2003.

SDR to replace gold franc at the BIS

The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) today announced that the Special Drawing Right (SDR) would replace the gold franc as the Bank's unit of account as from 1 April 2003. This decision was made today at an Extraordinary General Meeting of member central banks of the BIS. The Bank also decided to take steps towards modernising its financial accounting and reporting practices.

Used by a number of international organisations, the SDR is an international unit of account defined by the IMF and based on a basket of major currencies. The gold franc has served as the unit of account for the BIS since its establishment in 1930.

Commenting on the change, Andrew Crockett, General Manager of the BIS, said: "I welcome the introduction of the SDR. Along with a strengthened accounting framework, it will assist in managing the Bank's operations and economic capital more efficiently and enhance the transparency of its accounts."

Mr Crockett added that the changes would not affect the fundamental nature of the BIS's banking activities and would not have any implication for its policy towards its holdings of gold.

www.bis.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Regardless of what happens to the euro, the EU will remain in place. It may well have a face change, and this could be the catylist to reduce the EU down to the 10 member union of biblical prophecy.

Whatever transpires it will be planned and controlled by the puppet masters. Current affairs clearly show the EU gearing up to replace a quickly fading US as the predominant western superpower. They have their parliment, constitution, laws and are quickly moving to take charge of NATO including its nuclear weapons.

The frightening aspect of this is that it is Germany that will be calling the shots. Germany has a bad (the worst) track record in wanting to control not only Europe, but the entire world. Germany started the last two world wars.

Guess who starts the third one ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join