It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well after about a year I finally bought this game, ign gave it the ps3 game of the year award so I am prob. not going to be disappointed. One of the things that drawn me to this game is it is a different build, it has some old school dragon lair aspects to it, Anyhow I will let you guys know if its worth a crap or not, and if its good I may not be around for awhile
I will say this thou I would say all the games that are ps3 exclusives are amazing in the graphic department sound department and gameplay, the ps3 has some awesome hardware in it that does give it an edge over Xbox 360's now I know their are allot of people with xbox's but you cannot ignore some of ps3's power.

also for those that have not picked up or even been interested in the God of war series I highly recommend getting god of war 3 for the ps3. Heck even if you do not normally play video games, it is breath taking. Anyhow I will update this thread after playing heavy rain.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Awesome, I will be following this thread since I don't have a PS3.
I seriously want to get a PS3 just for this game.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Well Sam, I put a solid four hours into it, and this is what I am getting from it so far.

It is a very cinematic game, their really is nothing out there to compare it to as well. I would say it is slow and the controls are kinda weird if you had ever played the likes of dragon lair, that is the closest I can get to some of the interaction controls in the world. Yet once you start playing the game has a way to pull you into its world. Its a very dark dramatic game, you can play it and others around you can watch it as well and enjoy it, if you get my drift, its like watching and playing a movie at the same time. The graphics are pretty impressive the music I noticed get very repetitive anytime their is a dramatic part the same piano ensemble comes on, that did actually start to get annoying to me. I would say the steak and potatoes of this game is the decision making points in the game, for example you have choices on how to interact with characters in this game and the way you do so actually changes how the game is played, for example I shot someone after trying to talk him out of shooting someone after trying to talk him out of it, was it the right or wrong action I dunno maybe if I chose another way to talk to the character I may have talked him out of killing the guy, but either way the game continues. Their is also some really weird instances as well, for example their is a part in the game where you take care of a baby, ahem from changing the diaper to giving it a bottle and burping it..... As I was saying this game is not for everyone, I tend to like it because its different and I want to see what happens next in the story. I am torn thou on whether the game is a game to buy and add to your collection or just rent. I do not think I will want to replay it anytime soon after it is beaten. As I said thou I am only a few hours into the game, it start very very slow, it is just now picking up and it was about time. I will put my final rating on this game or add to it some more if something really exciting or cool happens, at this point I think the best part of the game is the presentation.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Heavy Rain is my favorite game of all time. It replaced Indigo Prophecy which was also made by Quantic Dreams. If you have an xbox you can buy and download Indigo Prophecy as an xbox original. They are both amazing games.
edit on 12-1-2011 by mvirata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Perhaps it's all good and awesome for todays standards. But todays standards are atrociously low.
Heavy Rain is weak as a story, most especially compare to a number of Story Based games that have come out a while back.

If there's "really nothing like it", then you haven't played enough or missed out.
Don't get me wrong, its good. There's nothing wrong with liking it ALOT either, however when it boils down to the barebones of what makes up Heavy Rain... it comes down to the fact that it's heavily missing a lasting impact.

Anyone who's played games like Xenogears, Planescape Torment, Final Fantasy 4&6, Nier, Legacy of Kain, etc. can all attest to how much the plot and characters are lacking for most of today's "story based games" such as Final Fantasy 13. (which was terrible was well) And while Heavy Rain is a great first time experience, it's certainly not worthy of a timeless one.

It's terribly generic but its certainly better than its competitor Alan Wake. Just put to pieces together and you'll guess the ending. Hopefully you didn't put $60's worth on something that was better off a rental.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

From what I read it's a decent game, and it sounds like a rental. And one game I have not played on the ps3 and need to eventually is god of war 3. But alas there are some good games gonna come out this month and next month that I would rather spend my dough on. This month on the 18th mass effect 2 is coming out for the ps3, so gonna pick that up, since my x box broke before it came out on it and never got a chance to play it, gonna get it for the ps3. It got game of 2010 on a lot of sites. And next month 3 games that I definitely got to check out for the ps3 are all coming out. Bulletstorm, Killzone 3, and marvel vs capcom 3. Anyone of those games will keep you busy for a while, much less 4 coming out within weeks of each other.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Thanks for all of the info Bicent!
I've been eager to play this ever since I heard about it. I knew it was made by the creators of the original Xbox game "Indigo Prophecy". I think that game really revolutionized how games tell stories and I really enjoyed it. I've always been into free-roaming, make-your-own-choice type games. I'm sure this will be a great one to add to my collection.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Heavy Rain is OK, nothing Special, IMO.

I tried to give a replay but got so bored doing the same things slightly different.

Oh and the bugs, buggy buggy buggy.

I got one ending were FBI guy took off his glasses and ripped his whole face off leaving two floating orbs as eyes.

Defo rento...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Heavy Rain is a pretty interesting, pretty different game i liked it, kinda sad though

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I played the demo when it was released and really liked it. However i never got around to buying it as it was still quite expensive, but i found it for £15 online and will be getting soon. Great little review by the way, Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join