It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funeral Protests by Westboro Baptist Church are not protected by Constitution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by Aquarist
Federal law supercedes state laws.
2nd

eh . . . it depends on what law you are talking about,

Indeed, but since when do states mandate free speech?

Originally posted by okbmd
The Constitution supercedes Federal laws .
3rd

Thank you for supporting my position.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Actually, we have the right to disparage anyone we want to disparage in the pulbic square but not on private property. The owner of this website decides what is acceptable on this forum and what is not because it is his private property.

Westboro was taken to court and the court affirmed their right to free speech. However, we have a mass of Veterns following them around the country as they protest funerals of service men and you would not even know they are there. The Vets are louder with songs and words of support and they are much bigger crowd. That is all the families see.

The remedy for speech expressing ideas you don't like is more speech of expressing ideas that you do like. The alternative of you and your pals or me and my pals deciding what is and is not acceptable political and social speech is abhorant. Westboro is an anti war group that craves attention. They are twisted in the way they express themselves to us but their anti-war cause is shared by many. And many others find the anti-war cause unacceptable speech - even mean and treasonous speech.

Thanks goodness the elite don't have the power to control the expression of our political desires, observations and insights - twisted or not. They would quickly squelsh all dissent if given that power. Just like they have taken the Patriot Act as an excuse to molest every man, woman and chlid, gradma and grandpa at the airport.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

What does "anti-war" sentiment have to do with some parasite who shoots and kills a 9-year-old child ?

You need to research a bit more . westboro is anti-everything that is not westboro . Did you miss the part where they are anti-gay , how about the part where they are anti-jew ?

Would you like me to go on , or would you like to amend your statement on westboro ?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

They just want attention for their anti-war cause. They were attracted to a high profile funeral for the chance to condemn the US government. It does not make sense to me, either. Actually stalking the dead for their anti-war cause is no way to gain sympathy for their cause. They are disgusting and careless people, in my opinion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join