It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair to appear before Iraq war inquiry on 21 January

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Tony Blair to appear before Iraq war inquiry on 21 January

www.guardian.co.uk

The inquiry is believed to be concerned about the revelation in documents released in June showing that the day before he privately assured Bush he would back US-led military action, Blair was warned by Lord Goldsmith, then attorney general, that an invasion of Iraq would be illegal.

Documents reveal how Goldsmith repeatedly warned Blair of the consequences of invading Iraq without fresh UN authority.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hmmm, seems B-Liar's complacency and collusion in the Iraq invasionary debacle won't go away as easily as he might have hoped.

I do hope that these inquiries and questionings continue, and I hope they help shine light on the endless lies and outright DISGUSTING misinformation and propaganda these folks blathered around the clock to rush us into this STILL ongoing tragedy and trainwreck.

These 'inquiries' should certainly extend to the masterminds behind this invasion, i.e. Dick Insaney, Dubya and Rumsfeld.

Hopefully this latest inquiry will shine more light upon these folks criminality and fabrications...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good! Its about time he answerd some questions

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I really, really look forward to the day this man is formally charged with mass murder. I also look forward to seeing Bush panic wildly when that happens!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Great, he needs to answer some very serious questions and allegations.

I really started to believe he would get away from this, in a sense I suppose he will but at least he will have to answer something.

I wonder if they will bring up the discussions that were a precursor to the war where the UK and US were plotting their way in,

Thanks for the heads up DD,

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm wondering whether the wikileaks disclosure that the UK had promised US that they would be protected in this enquiry will have any bearing on the way it develops, and what information they may be forced to disclose.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I hope the day will come, The Hague is not just for Eastern European and African dictators and murderers, it should be for everyone.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
He wont though, he knows we were invovled in an illegal war, he knew he lied about, The supposingly, WMD's. Tont Blair is now so delusional. He does not think he has done anything wrong.

It will take alot more than this Inquiry to force Tony Blair to Admit he was wrong, and to take some responsibility for his actions.

If he can ignore millions of citizens who demonstrated over the Iraq war, If he can ignore the families request for an apology over the deaths off thier sons and daughter during the Iraq War. What makes you think he is going to answer any other questions honestly.

He will lie through is teeth. I can guarantee you this inquiry will be a whitewash.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG

I hope the day will come, The Hague is not just for Eastern European and African dictators and murderers, it should be for everyone.

Peace

I agree, and hopefully one day we'll have empirical proof of that when some of the Western criminals get what they deserve.

Peace to you too.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
He wont though, he knows we were invovled in an illegal war, he knew he lied about, The supposingly, WMD's. Tont Blair is now so delusional. He does not think he has done anything wrong.

It will take alot more than this Inquiry to force Tony Blair to Admit he was wrong, and to take some responsibility for his actions.

If he can ignore millions of citizens who demonstrated over the Iraq war, If he can ignore the families request for an apology over the deaths off thier sons and daughter during the Iraq War. What makes you think he is going to answer any other questions honestly.

He will lie through is teeth. I can guarantee you this inquiry will be a whitewash.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

It is not required that Tony Blair admit he is wrong, it's only required that it be shown that he knowingly took the country into an illegal war, and, worse, lied and deceived people to do so. He can deny it all he likes, but if the Chilcott enquiry find the war was illegal and he knew it was, that's grounds for charges.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Documents reveal how Goldsmith repeatedly warned Blair of the consequences of invading Iraq without fresh UN authority.

- UN "authority"?

I don't know about the UK but what "authority" does the UN have to give?

Is it not a sovereign nation?

What good has the UN done lately - like UK and the US need advice on human rights from Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Uganda, and Nigeria? Perhaps we are not raping or pillaging enough?

Go tell all the tin-pot dictators and wanabes to get in line right behind the predator drones and stealth aircraft - STFU and do as they are told "All your bases are belong to us!"

It’s like putting the local High School Team on the playing field with the Chicago Bears and telling them they are all football players and that they have much to learn from each other.

Hey, maybe we can all bow down to the UN led by H. Chavez or better yet - after his one term Obama latter on?

UN - joke.

I did not elect anyone on the UN to represent me; they have no authority over me at all.

Again, can't speak for the UK but don't you guys have elections there?

edit on 12/1/2011 by Golf66 because:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

But that is the point though, It will not be shown, this inquiry stunk from the first day it opened. Many of those who have went before that committee, were not asked the right questions, they were given an easy ride.. Tony Blair will never admit it himself he knew they were lying before he took the UK to war.

Well not in my life time he wont.

Families of those invoved will never get disclosure on this. Tony Blair will always have blood on his hand. Although he can acknowledge this, nor do I thnk with his mind set he ever will.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Laurauk because: Adding more content.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It is great to see the international staring to get behind it. Left in state hands it would be a sham as too many conflicts of interest to crack the case open and deal with it. From a higher, independent authority looking at the facts it will be a lot harder to evade. There is a lot to deal with so a strong media can help in picking up any slack. There will be a lot of angry countries if thing are allowed to slip through the cracks with so many impacted by these actions and decisions.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Read the Downing Street Memo...

This guy should be hung.

top topics

join