It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Arizona Gunman Was Not Motivated By Politics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A campaign to suppress the "alternative news and view" is starting to emerge by playing the blame game and bringing Zeigeist in this tragedy.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

What do you consider to be "unbiased?"

I don't know. What i consider unbiased may be biased to another person.

All i know is that i trust some and i don't trust others. Again probably personal bias. My point was that all of these major news oulets try to appeal to everyone, whether it be appeal to Muslims or Islamaphobes, it creates duality and separation, instead of reporting on things as they are. It might report of torture of terrorists, and try to indirectly justify it, when really we should be doing everything to stop human torture. I guess i can't explain what i mean. I didn't intend to shuffle past your question.
edit on 12/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
He was a psycho dateless wonder who stalked a pretty lady and used hallucinogens habitually.

It had more to do with being a woman repellant and schizo than anything else.

I can't imagine while high on salvia, listening to drowning pool and pining over women he can't get he had any opinion one way or the other about anything political.

Just a loser with a broken brain.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh, did you know the guy, or are you just going by what somebody posted on YouTube? Have you seen the CIasittup10 with a capital I instead of an l? That shows just how easy it is to pretend to be somebody you're not. There are a million examples like that, I don't trust anything the government or the media say, I doubt everything until I have no choice but to believe it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PlautusSatire

May I ask where do you get your news or even better yet, do you not even watch the news? The person in question was wrestled to the ground while trying to reload the weapon used to kill 6 people and injure 13 others.

There is no assumption here. I know we live in the United States and there is a such thing as due process of the law but this guy doesn't deserve due process. He was caught red-handed with murder weapon while in the act. There is no excuse for his actions. A lawyer will argue he didn't know right from wrong but he did purchase a weapon and he did leave a message for his friends to forgive him and he did stalk Rep. Giffords waiting for an appropriate time to carry out this massacre.

There is no question of guilt here. He DID kill 6 people and attempt to kill 13 others including Rep. Giffords.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

May I ask where do you get your news or even better yet, do you not even watch the news? The person in question was wrestled to the ground while trying to reload the weapon used to kill 6 people and injure 13 others.

That's a very interesting story. The hospital says 10 people were shot for a total of 30 to 40 bullet holes. Does that sound like he was reloading when it stopped? Where is the video of this supposed wrestling to the ground? The 911 call suggests he fired for a few seconds then fled the scene. How could he have been wrestled to the ground there if he fled the scene? Who is going to try to tackle somebody who just laid down 10 people in a hail of gunfire lasting only seconds? This story is feeble, and there is nothing but more feeble stories supporting it. Are the police even looking for the real shooters?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

One can easily fire off thirty rounds in 5-10 seconds. I take it you've never shot a firearm before?

Do you expect the people around him to be superheroes? They did the best they could, and they were heroic in their efforts. They prevented any further tragedy, as he was trying to reload when he was tackled.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

One can easily fire off thirty rounds in 5-10 seconds. I take it you've never shot a firearm before?

Do you expect the people around him to be superheroes? They did the best they could, and they were heroic in their efforts. They prevented any further tragedy, as he was trying to reload when he was tackled.

I never claimed it was difficult to fire 30 rounds (or 34) in 10 seconds, I simply asked if the description of the event matched the behaviour of an inexperienced shooter. We have no evidence he'd ever even shot a gun before, and in my experience, people who don't know what they're doing with a pistol are very cautious with it, they don't grab it and start waving it around hammering the trigger and dumping empty clips on the ground in mid-pull. That's like something out of a movie, not the news.

The 911 call also said he fled the scene, and didn't give any description really other than some guy wearing a black hoodie. Yes I realize not all hoodies are black but of course a huge number of them are and they're quite common. Again, where is the video of this incident? A congressional representative and a federal judge there and not one camera? Give me a break. So we're supposed to believe this kid just went slowly nuts until the day turned into Jason Bourne for an hour. I'm not buying it until I see some hard evidence, and by hard evidence I mean something more than a bunch of stories told by liars with badges.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Whether he did it on his own accord or he was instructed to do it.... he killed people. He's admitted his guilt. What's your point?

Sarah Palin is like a fly to the proverbial ***** - Next comes his background, being a leftist liberal conspiracy theorist to give us a bad name and further spread the ignorance of their agendas.
edit on 12/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

How about posting the links where you're getting your information? It's totally different from what I've been reading, as well as the rest of the nation, with the exception of you.

The 22-year-old suspect, who law enforcement sources identified as Jared Lee Loughner, was trying to reload when he was tackled to the ground, another witness said.

The above quote was taken from this link. What everyone else is reading.

edit on 12/1/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

This is the most reasonable stance i've heard on this issue. I reccomend anyone to at least listen to the points.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Interesting video. A congresswoman gets shot in the head, 6 people killed, several others injured and traumatized by lost loved ones; and Dems and Repubs go back and forth about how he was more of the opposite (that guy in the video seemed to have an agenda against Palin). He read books in all strata, so maybe he did have a 'split' personality. To like 'We the Living' (which was the only Ayn book on his youtube site), and the Communist Manifesto is polar opposite. As a reader of the first, and skimmer of the latter, I don't think he understood one if not both books.

To blame this on Palin is about as absurd as erad3 posts. She can't be to blame for merely physical/logistic reasons. Her taking down her material (cross-hairs, etc.) to hide the proof is not a logical argument. With the archives of the internet and records, there's no hiding this stuff therefore it would be futile to do so.

Was she there? Did she pay him? Did she tell him to? More than likely No. It is Jared's fault, no one elses. Until physical evidence or witnesses can show otherwise, he is culpable. To place the blame on someone else is not rational or logical.

This is not political but nonetheless that spin has been added strongly, and likewise I think the MSM is putting too much spin on his non-sheeple activities and insinuating it is a bad thing (point of the OP).

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSunWas she there? Did she pay him? Did she tell him to? More than likely No. It is Jared's fault, no one elses. Until physical evidence or witnesses can show otherwise, he is culpable. To place the blame on someone else is not rational or logical.

So you accept without any physical evidence that this kid shot all those people, but you refuse to accept anyone else could have had anything to do with it without evidence. Can you tell me what it was about this story that led you to this faith-based approach?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlautusSatire

Originally posted by BenIndaSunWas she there? Did she pay him? Did she tell him to? More than likely No. It is Jared's fault, no one elses. Until physical evidence or witnesses can show otherwise, he is culpable. To place the blame on someone else is not rational or logical.

So you accept without any physical evidence that this kid shot all those people, but you refuse to accept anyone else could have had anything to do with it without evidence. Can you tell me what it was about this story that led you to this faith-based approach?

Trust me, I don't yet accept that Jared did this as is portrayed. He might be a set-up, have had co-criminals, or anything else for that matter. That's why I want more physical evidence that can be logically argued (as opposed to Palin maps). I would like surveillance, bullet/gun matching ballistic tests, DNA evidence, and more before I'm convinced. I assume he's innocent until proven guilty, which would have been a better way to put my post. But as the MSM is going now, these are not going to be the focuses.

Right now, I lean towards believing eyewitnesses that describe the suspect and the situation. Of course, until they testify it's not official. This of course if they are talking about Jared, and not someone else.

edit on 12-1-2011 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
For those who want Palin to be held responsible for inciting violence, I'd like to ask you a question.

Following your logic, should the designers of Grand Theft Auto be held responsible everytime a hooker is murdered or a car is stolen? Should horror movie directors/writers be held responsible when a serial killer is playing out his/her twisted fantasy and it sort of resembles a crime within the movie or tv show?

I mean seriously people, the only one responsible at this point is the one who pulled the trigger.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I don't think the video intended to blame Palin for his actions, whether her diagram of the states depicting red crosshairs was something that made a mark in his head or not, he's responsible for his own actions. But in a world where people's minds have become very suggestable, posting such things should be condemned, and disrespected in the political arena.....and the very fact she took it down shows that she wanted it away from her followers and other people so that it would not be seen, at least on a mass scale. That's covering something up. If you don't feel you should be blamed, keep it up for all to see what you posted.

Again i'm not saying she's to blame. His political landscape was skewed and uncorrelated, to say he did the shooting based on liberal/republican/conservative ideology is nonsense.

I just don't see how Sarah Palin could get this far, this should at least warn some people off reading the trash she posts.

I would never defend a killer's actions. I doubt those that claim his innocence. There is no evidence, but yet some say he fled the scene, while some say he was tackled. Seems we can't get a straight answer these days.[

reply to post by lynn112

I would never go that low, it's like blaming every follower of religion for the rape and abuse of children because a few preists are guilty of it.
edit on 13/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He hadn't seen Jared for two years. I'm not saying Jared WAS political, but I am cautious to assume that he hasn't changed at all in those 2 years...

You probably listened to too much Bill Maher the idiot
Never listen to him, he's a complete fool

He hates religion because he says it dumbs down the public but he has no issues with dumbing down the public with tabloid news and gossip

And yes I am Ass-U-Ming about your TV viewing lol

But would you still be as cautious if it wasn't for the liberal media using this as a tool of attack?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

rofl

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Not including any accomplices. If he wasn't acting alone there will certainly be inqueries as to the location of anyone who helped him. There are alot of strange details surrounding this event. The discussion on his myspace post is downright creepy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join