It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmare: Cyclone forming off Australian eastern coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well... as if it couldn't get worse. Hopefully it doesn't hit Queensland... but it will very likely hit Australia...

Nightmare: Cyclone forming off Australian eastern coast

Eastern Australia has seen apocalyptic flooding over the last three weeks. 75% of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone. Brisbane, Australia’s third largest city, has been inundated by a round of new flooding. Toowoomba was buried under a massive inland tsunami. 15 people are dead and more than 80 are still unaccounted for. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worst… We see a massive cyclonic storm forming off Australia’s eastern coast. We can only pray this one misses the land down under altogether.

This is not good at all...

For now there's only the cyclone on the west coast... Vince... we shall see if one develops on the east coast.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My hope is with all those down under, that this forms and misses altogether. One heck of a double whammy those people really don't need right now..... A fragile earth we live on indeed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
No it aint good.Things are quite bad actually.
They are hoping water subsides before the cyclone hits.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was reading about the flooding on a thread yesterday and a cyclone was mentioned. Will take a look at the map to see how close it is. I hope it misses Australia and goes out to sea. Prepare to stay safe!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Tropical Cyclone 3-day outlook for The Coral Sea

IDQ10810
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Brisbane

Tropical Cyclone 3-day outlook for The Coral Sea
Issued at 2:36pm EST on Wednesday the 12th of January 2011 and valid until end
of Saturday

Existing cyclones:
Nil.

Potential cyclones:
The monsoon trough is situated over north Queensland and is extending across the
northern Coral Sea. The monsoon trough is expected to strengthen over the next
few days and a low may develop over the northern Coral Sea by Friday.

Likelihood of a tropical cyclone developing in the Eastern Region on:
Thursday: Very low
Friday: Very low
Saturday: Low

NOTE: The likelihood is an estimate of the chance of each system being a
tropical cyclone in the Region for each day:
Very low: less than 5% Low: 5% - 20%,
Moderate: 20% - 50% High: Over 50%

The area of coverage for this outlook is the Coral Sea and Northern Tasman Sea
west of 160E.

Further information on Tropical Cyclones is available at:
www.bom.gov.au...

Source:www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm thinking of you guys and rooting for you, and praying the cyclone dissipates and/or misses the flood areas at least.

The MSM is not giving your tragedy the coverage it deserves - for whatever nefarious reason - but know that the alternative community across the world is watching and hoping things will soon be much better for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wow the poor people of Australia, Hope this one misses, it's pretty big..

Here's an image.

(hope this works)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Cyclone or no cyclone,the s#$t has hit the fan.Mass evacuations,Mass damage to infrastructure,people missing and dead,Massive crop failures that go back to when Vic had floods last month,across three states we have lost crops,livestock also.
Not such a happy new year for Aussies.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
According to the RSOE map there is a tropical depression moving towards the coast of Australia.

Of course it is still just a depression and can still veer away from the mainland, fingers crossed for our friends down under.

linky: hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pobble

Hey pal I've got friends and family that live in Queensland, and my cousin just happens to be missing.

*snip*

Thank you for your support Vitchillo. I hope to God it doesn't hit Queensland, this is unprecedented.

edit on 12 Jan 2011 by Hellmutt because: Removed OT'd quote and insult

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My thoughts are going out to all of my friends "Down Under." Keep your chins high and your resolve strong. You will all get through this.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pobble

Hey man, i dont watch the news at all mass media=mass ignorance alot of people visit forums like this for a substitute for mainstream media, just as i do so please stop hating and go troll somewhere else, i actually found this post alot of help and i had no idea this was happening until i read this post.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pobble

wow pobble! have a heart. What point is there in getting on here and saying stuff like that? these people are scared and its good to be able to talk to people during times of stress.
you should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pobble

please do quit trolling.

im not getting very much coverage on the matter at my location.
these threads are a great way to keep up with the relevant info, and communicate with people who are actually there.

quit being so cold and try to understand it from the perspective of someone who has someone or something over there.

you wouldnt be playing it off so casually if your mother was one of the numerous displaced people, or if your son or daughter was about to lose everything they have in this world because of this disaster.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pobble

That isn't a very nice post

I like to hear updates on this out of concern for the people affected, we get minute by minute updates here that MSM dont cover.

I sincerely hope this new threat passes on by, they really can do without this.

My sincere sympathies go out to the families of those who have lost their lives already - God bless.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
reply to post by Pobble

wow pobble! have a heart. What point is there in getting on here and saying stuff like that? these people are scared and its good to be able to talk to people during times of stress.
you should be ashamed of yourself.

And that is all fine and dandy but guess what? This forum isn't about discussing personal issues. If you want to talk about your problems than talk about them with someone that cares. You don't bring them onto a forum that is intended for real issues. When Australia is in real danger then bring it here. For now, a few people will die. A few people that only matter to the people that knew them. That might be harsh but it's true and whether you like it or not this disaster will have no global effect, or even national. Only a personal effect and sorry but that just doesn't matter and really does not need to be discussed here.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pobble

I get a lot of my news from ATS. More details here then anywhere..I actually do care about what is happening in other Countries/Regions/States...My heart & prayers go out to those who are missing & to all the families in danger...Thank you OP for the info & keep it coming please..

I suggest Pobble, that if you are not interested in a subject, skip it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join