It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Loughner’s friend says suspect ‘Did not watch TV … disliked the news’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There you have it. The shooter didn't even watch the news. So, he couldn't have been influenced to do the shooting by something Palin, Limbaugh or anyone else said.

source

Will this be enough to get liberal members here, the MSM and democrat politicians to back down from their cynical and self-serving rhetoric?

I wonder ...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how on one hand, he was a "loner crazy person", and yet on the other hand, we have all these so called "friends" who know all this stuff about him?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It is rather unfortunate that both sides are politicizing this event. If they had done their homework, they would have obviously realized this person is against our political system in general.

I believe he greatly dislikes liberals and conservatives. I have a feeling he is a materialist. He does not like appearances, he wants to know what is true.

Also, he may very well be suffering from some mental illness. At any rate, I think he poorly gaged the reaction of the public. Assuming there was a point he wanted to get across. Perhaps a redundant point by now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Ahh you know better then that. Lots of facts are being ignored in the rush to demonize Sarah Palin and the Tea Party. Lets all ignore the fact that Loughner was known by law enforcement in his area for being unstable. Lets ignore the fact he was kicked out of school unless he underwent evaluation. Lets ignore the fact that so many people enabled this to happen by not heeding the warning signs. It's much easier to blame a talking head in the media then lay the blame where it really lies.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
it does not matter what he did in the End, he killed 6 people. He will get life sentences, probably plead insanity and will never be seen again. Another dark day in American history, and no matter what anyone says, does, argues for and against, they will not change what happened.

I just hope there are not others who will follow in that guys footsteps. But in the USA you just never know whats around the next corner.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Osler said he instead suspects that Loughner was motivated by a documentary called, "Zeitgeist: The Movie," which slams currency-based economics.

"I really think that this 'Zeitgeist' documentary had a profound impact upon Jared Loughner's mindset and how he viewed the world that he lives in," he said.

This, to me, seems like an attack against a form of free speech. You can all but guarantee that the people who watch and believe in Zeitgeist's ideas and come to ATS are going to be framed in the same light as this kid was.

Talk about conspiracy, I wonder where this "friend" popped up from.... seems oddly coincidental since Zeitgeist is planning a release of the next segment of their series this Friday and has amassed an enormous group of people who have been made aware of how the system is designed by the Zeitgeist documentaries.

It will be interesting to see what comes next. First, it was an attack against the right, then against Palin, then against the left, now against someone else... what gives?

~Namaste
edit on 12-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
it does not matter what he did in the End, he killed 6 people.

Oh it seems you've already convicted him, no need for a trial then, let's just hang him.

But seriously, how do you know he killed anyone?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

Ahh you know better then that. Lots of facts are being ignored in the rush to demonize Sarah Palin and the Tea Party. Lets all ignore the fact that Loughner was known by law enforcement in his area for being unstable. Lets ignore the fact he was kicked out of school unless he underwent evaluation. Lets ignore the fact that so many people enabled this to happen by not heeding the warning signs. It's much easier to blame a talking head in the media then lay the blame where it really lies.

It certainly is easy to blame media.

Jared Lee Loughner has received no inspiration from any media figures. In this instance, there is no connection between media and the killer.

However, these claims that we are all noticing, the claim that vitriolic and inflammatory language will lead to violence, are not unfounded.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Both sides, to some degree, are responsible. Unfortunately, the right clearly uses vitriolic language far more often.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlautusSatire

Oh it seems you've already convicted him, no need for a trial then, let's just hang him.

We don't really know. We don't really know anything, if you really want to get into that sort of logic.

I think it is safe to say that people have indeed been shot, considering the University of Phoenix Medical Center has given several press reports on the status of the surgeries of the injured victims.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PlautusSatire

Sorry the all must of taken turns and shot themselves, or even better the government is to blame for all the people who died and got injured. If he has been charged, which he has, he obviously done it, but then again with the morons who run your country I guess anyone in the USA can be framed these days. Why are you running to the defence of a person who obviously had issues, decided to take out a member of congress with innocent bystanders and then have the cheek to say dont hurt me when he was tackled to the ground by onlookers?

If he had the gun he is the murderer, not Sarah Palin, not anyone else and if he was influenced by anyone else, then he is as stupid as his you tube videos and ATS posts suggest he is. It is sad seeing anyone die, but do you believe someone else is responsible for this?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PlautusSatire

As for hanging him, he will probably live longer than most people, but from behind bars.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
Unfortunately, the right clearly uses vitriolic language far more often.

Really?

michellemalkin.com...

While one might or might not like the source of the collection of data, all of the data contained there is fact and can be easily verified by anyone.

Though i do not necessarily align myself with the Right, i do believe your statement to be very incorrect. It is the media and certain others that would project the misdeeds of the Left onto the Right.

Are you able to provide a similar "primer" of hateful actions, posters, bumper stickers, etc. perpetrated by the Right? If so, i would be very interested in seeing it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

However, these claims that we are all noticing, the claim that vitriolic and inflammatory language will lead to violence, are not unfounded.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Both sides, to some degree, are responsible. Unfortunately, the right clearly uses vitriolic language far more often.

Are you serious? Did you not see any of the posts by flyersfan showing picture after picture after picture of people advocating cutting off Bush's head or lynching him? Did you also not see my thread quoting a democrat congressman saying that the Republican candidate for Florida governor needs to be put up against a wall and shot? Or the thread showing democrat campaign literature using bullseyes and talking about "targeted Republicans"?

You also seem to be saying, "Never mind the facts in evidence. I'm still going with what has been dis-proven for the reasons behind the shooting because I want to place the blame elsewhere."

What is with people that keep wanting to claim things like it is society (or the gun) that kills people and not the individual that pulls the trigger. That it is the pen (or computer) that mis-spells words and not the writer, etc.?

When is a person finally held responsible for their own actions?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlautusSatire

We don't really know. We don't really know anything, if you really want to get into that sort of logic.

I think it is safe to say that people have indeed been shot, considering the University of Phoenix Medical Center has given several press reports on the status of the surgeries of the injured victims.

And how about the witnesses to this tragedy? I guess they don't know they saw this guy shoot all these people and then get tackled and held for the police. Then there's the gun, which he "allegedly" had when tackled. The gun who's serial number would have been recorded when it was sold (to this same guy).
edit on 1/12/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

You know very well any of us can provide blogs with grossly misleading images from both political parties.

I made a mistake in claiming the right used more vitriolic language. Perhaps that is not the issue. The issue is the intent of the vitriolic language. At this point, everything becomes speculation.

The intent of the vitriolic language obviously varies from person to person.

In my opinion, Sarah Palin is an idiot. In fact I honestly believe the world would be a better place if she had not been chosen as John McCain's candidate back in 2008. She seems to be wholly ignorant on international matters, particularly concerning South America and the Middle East. I find her mannerisms to be quite embarrassing for our already # covered image as a country. As long as we are talking about how the third world views us, which is the majority of the world population.

This woman does not deserve to die, yet. She should however be ostracized by society to the point where she can no longer polarize this country.

I absolutely hate to judge people I do not know, but we both know it can't be helped that easily.

This is indeed an incredibly complicated issue. We have both sides fueling an increasingly inflammatory debate over politics. Both sides seem to contradict themselves on a daily basis.

Are we against vitriolic language? Or is it alright in certain circumstances?

It seems many of us, including myself, condemn vitriolic language and turn around and use it ourselves because it is in line with our ideologies.

At any rate, I did not choose my words that carefully in the previous post.

Sorry if this does not flow very well. I am trying to articulate my ideas as they are changing.

Finally. I was open to vitriolic language in certain circumstances. But I realize now that that is not the answer.
Fighting violence with violence is never the answer. In this case fighting vitriolic rhetoric with vitriolic rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
When is a person finally held responsible for their own actions?

Don't know???

Why is Chenny a free man???

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Bush deserves to be put in prison for the rest his life. For the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. No man who has caused that much suffering for innocent women, children, and men do not deserve to live a leisurely life.

I now realize, people who respond to violence with violence are not doing the right thing. It will not break the cycle of ignorance that is violence.

Forget anything I said about Liberal and Conservatives. That type of language only clouds peoples thought

I realize this is not exactly in line with my previous post. But this is a recent revelation.

People who respond to violence by suggesting more violence are taking the wrong route which will only further lessen the quality of all of our lives

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes. I agree. It is silly to suggest that idea in light of all of the current evidence.

Although anything is possible, we would just be foolish to seriously consider that idea at this point.

Perhaps in the future, in light of new evidence, that theory can be brought up again.

Edit: The idea was that Jared Lee Loughner might not have actually shot all of those people.

Second edit: cleaning up the grammar

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeesFar

Unfortunately, the right clearly uses vitriolic language far more often.

Really?

michellemalkin.com...

While one might or might not like the source of the collection of data, all of the data contained there is fact and can be easily verified by anyone.

Though i do not necessarily align myself with the Right, i do believe your statement to be very incorrect. It is the media and certain others that would project the misdeeds of the Left onto the Right.

Are you able to provide a similar "primer" of hateful actions, posters, bumper stickers, etc. perpetrated by the Right? If so, i would be very interested in seeing it.

To what degree does the Liberal media project those misdeeds onto the Conservative Media?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"Never mind the facts in evidence.

Stop being a sheeple -

The GOP and the TEA party have been talking about armed revolution, watering the tree of liberty
and seccession for nearly two years. It has been an integral part of the rhetoric - 2nd Amendment remedies
refers to using guns to overthrow the government. Considering the DEMS were completely in control it is pretty simple.

The difference is - the GOP/TEA based their MSM campaign on these ideas of lock and load machismo whic h appeals to conservative gun culture

While the people with those signs regarding BUSH were fringe elements - i.e those ideas were not turned into the entire DEM platform

Reload, Second Amendment remedy, tree of liberty!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join