It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming? Think Again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
For the first time in history, 49 US States had snow on the ground at the same time. Every state except Florida had snow on January 11/12th, 2011. This was reported on CNBC on the morning of January 12th.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Come on people, climategate showed this whole thing is a hoax made up over money and power. How much more proof do you need? Is the climate changing? Of course it is. Is it man made? I don't know, are we changing the climate on Venus? How about Mars? Is it only a coincidence that the climate is changing as the sun's out put changes?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is great information. Thanks everyone, and does anyone know how I can contact Cosmic4life?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ok, another thread started by someone who doesn't know how climate works.
So pray tell me, what does your information have to do with the existence or non existence of global warming?
And don't feed me a one liner, I need the direct correlation.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
wow. how dumb can you be. If you think the effects of man have nothing to do with it your an idiot; If you think they have something to do with it your pretty smart; If you think they have everything to do with it well your just as dumb. Things are not so simple. We are part of many systems.

I'd like to add just how silly your being stating for the first time of history dear student of history. How old are you? A billion years old? How can you be a student of history then? And is the USA all of earth.. Gee. Polar Ice melts.. who would possibly think that snow could be a result of this? hmmmm
edit on 12-1-2011 by Maximus_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

About time this board admits it. I wonder how much al gore has spent heating his big home so far this winter.

They where just exploiting cycles.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

49 US States had snow on the ground at the same time

You don't understand what climate change is.

Climategate showed this whole thing is a hoax made up over money and power

You clearly didn't even read the e-mails then. Hell, even the investigation into the matter didn't find anything...but of course, that was obviously an "inside job" as well.

I don't know, are we changing the climate on Venus?

Have you actually read anything about why Venus is changing...?

Is it only a coincidence that the climate is changing as the sun's out put changes?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'd be willing to bet that I know more about how climate works than you do. I've done my homework. For example, the data on CO2 and temperature, that was used for those huge charts that Gore stood in front of, in his movie Inconvenient Truth, came from ice core samples from Greenland and the South Pole. The scientist who actually analyzed those core samples and generated that data, wrote a report, which I found on the net (quite a while ago). In it, he states that over the last 600,000 years covered by the data, every single time the trend changed from up to down or from down to up, temperatures ALWAYS changed direction first and CO2 ALWAYS changed direction later. The lag in between the two points of trend change was an average of 1100 YEARS plus or minus 700 years. This means that there were periods of time, lasting a minimum of 400 years when global temperatures had already started to drop even though CO2 levels were still rising and vice versa. Now the laws of physics and chemistry haven't changed in the last 600,000 years and therefore since CO2 wasn't causing global warming in the past, it can't possibly be causing it now. What is happening now, is the same thing that happened in the past which is that rising temperatures eventually cause rising CO2 levels. How you ask?

The oceans are the key. Warm ocean water gives off CO2 while cold ocean water absorbs CO2. When temperatures rise, the average temperature of the oceans will slowly begin to rise as well and at a certain level, all the oceans become a net emitter of CO2. That accounts for the time lag. Similarly, when average ocean temperatures fall below that certain level, then the net impact on CO2 is absorption and CO2 levels fall.

I've done my homework. Have you?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is for the climate change deniers.

Africa is suffering deforestation at twice the world rate, according to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).[1][2][3] Some sources claim that deforestation has already wiped out roughly 90% of West Africa's original forests.[4][5

Ethiopia has lost 98% of its forested regions in the last 50 years.[19] At the beginning of the 20th century, around 420,000 km² or 35% of Ethiopia's land was covered with forests. Recent reports indicate that forests cover less than 14.2%

Deforestation[22] with resulting desertification, water resource degradation and soil loss has affected approximately 94% of Madagascar's previously biologically productive lands.
According to 2005 report conducted by the FAO, Vietnam has the second highest rate of deforestation of primary forests in the world second to only Nigeria.[32] More than 90% of the old-growth rainforests of the Philippine Archipelago have been cut.

As of 2008, at present rates, tropical rainforests in Indonesia would be logged out in 10 years, Papua New Guinea in 13 to 16 years

In 1998, deforestation is thought to have been responsible for around 12% of Australia's total carbon emissions
In the 800 years of human occupation of New Zealand 75% of the forests were lost

Certain areas such as the Atlantic Rainforest have been diminished to just 7% of their original size

Deforestation could wipe out or severely damage nearly 60% of the Amazon rainforest by 2030, says a new report from WWF.

While carbon taxation maybe a scam. The destruction of habitat is not. Nor is the impact of mining, drilling, and
Refining recourses.

I think it's obvious to see we have impacted the earth by degrading the biological fabric it supports. It is all symbiotic and interwoven.

It's very easy to exploit real events. Look at 911 or the recent shootings. Whatever the real events were people get scared into submission. Is climate change taxation a scam. Yep. Artifacts will create solutions and most of them already exist.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maximus_Prime

I was just repeating, word for word, what I heard on CNBC. See my last post for why manmade climate change is a false premise.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Movescamp

I'm not denying that the climate is changing. I'm only saying that we aren't the cause of it. NASA has in fact reported that other planets are getting warmer too. It's simplistic to assume that the sun's output never changes just because we can't feel any long term change.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Were experiencing snow again for the third time in central Georgia. The snow is piled up about 5-6 inches this time. If this is what those people call Global Warming then I'm lovin' it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You are completely ignorant if you think those are the only indications. Yes al gore is a politicians and prob has other motives. The real reasons climate change exist are the
Destruction of habitat done by refining, drilling, and mining recourses. But we can't stop that so we made a bogus explanation to lead people away fromthe truly scary things. Like microbes dying, currents changing, gulf streams changing, migrations changing, species extinction, bacteria excelleration from pollution, bees not pollinating, etc etc.

You can't treat skin cancer by just looking at raised moles. You need to do a whole study of the organism. We have destroyed a lot of habitat in a short time. Everything is woven together and the more that comes unraveled the worse it's going to get.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thats ridiculous. Of course it happens naturally. It isn't the sun getting hotter either. It's a bit more complex and has to do with the magnetic field, the earths core, the atmosphere, and solar events like flares. Normally yes ice melts as we get warm covers more surface area. Then the water evaporates more from more surface area being exposed to the sun. This forms more clouds and brings on the ice age. It's happened many times.

What we are expierancing is the destruction of habitat. The creations of deserts over entire regions. The destruction of the food chain, of microbial life as well as plants and animals. Due to our drilling,mining, and refining. There is a thing called cause and effect. You don't destroy entire countries of vegetation and animals, or entire rainforets and have nothing happen.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I looked at your links. They all agree that yes indeed, temperature does in fact change direction first and CO2 levels follow suit afterwards, and then they go on to talk about positive feedback loops, methane gas, etc.etc.etc. In other words they are tying themselves into symantic knots in order to prove that the effect must somehow have preceded the cause. Use a little common sense here folks! The cause is what happens first. The effect is what happens last. If there was a positive feedback loop of rising CO2 levels causing more warming which causes more CO2 which causes more warming then temperatures would never have gone back down and the Earth would now be as hot as Venus. Clearly climate is a complex system that involves Earth's biosphere and the sun. But you can't have it both ways. You can't say well it's complicated but in spite of all the evidence from ice core samples, tree rings, etc. that say that CO2 is a symptom of climate change not the cause, we still believe that CO2 is the cause. The impact on temperature of ALL CO2 is estimated to be 2-3 degrees C, while the impact of water vapour (humidity) is estimated to be many times that. In fact, water vapour is 100 times more effective at trapping heat energy than CO2. As the oceans warm up, they give off more water vapour which, all other things being equal, will translate into more clouds which reflect heat energy back into space, thereby cooling the earth. So there's a feedback mechanism for you that explains why the Earth isn't as hot as Venus. It's a negative feedback mechanism.

But I pride myself on having an open mind so how about this?
If you can find an article written by a climate scientist, that can explain why global temperatures started falling several times in the past, even as CO2 levels continued to rise for a minimum of 400 years, AND why that mechanism won't happen this time around too, then I'll seriously reconsider my position.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Your barking up the wrong tree. It's the combination of "natural" climate patterns and habitat loss as well as man made pollution in water that isthe disaster. You can argue about chemistry all day long but it's only recently modeling has even been in place to observe the true effects. The results however aren't good for the plant and animal species that are already being stressed by te normal climate cycle. Throw in habitat loss and pollution. The ability to rebound after such cycles gets taken away. The diversity of flora and fauna go down and it's a rapid downward spiral after that. Unless you don't believe plants and animals have anything to do with the ecosystem of course.

rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
For the first time in history, 49 US States had snow on the ground at the same time. Every state except Florida had snow on January 11/12th, 2011. This was reported on CNBC on the morning of January 12th.

Even Hawaii had snow?

2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

WRONG! It happen last winter with snow in ALL fifty.

Snow in All Fifty States
texas snow.jpg
video_src:

Weird weather continues in the US with a rare winter storm on the South, dumping snow on Georgia, Texas and Florida. There is now snow in all states in America... www.freakyweather.com...

There are 31 results from google but NOT ONE MAJOR NEWS PAPER!

This show just how much US and world news is censored doesn't it especially since:

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Interlocking Directorates
Media corporations share members of the board of directors with a variety of other large corporations, including banks, investment companies, oil companies, health care and pharmaceutical companies and technology companies. This list shows board interlocks for the following major media interests:
www.fair.org...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

Who controls the media www.nowfoundation.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

About time this board admits it. I wonder how much al gore has spent heating his big home so far this winter.

They where just exploiting cycles.

Yes They very definitely were. The question of course is WHY. I show the cycles and a possible reason for the events during the last forty years in The Ultimate Conspiracy Theory

I hope I am dead wrong because if I am not western civilization is in sewage up to our lips!

Remember folks we are LIED to by the Mass Media. I have solid evidence of that for at least two occasions. For example, Nationwide TV coverage with "live footage" of a major riot at my big ten university. - the riot never occurred. I KNOW because I was on campus from 7:00am til 5:00 Pm.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join