It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe in Angels demons and ET's. What about you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Why does someones faith have to be one shade of color? why not all healthy positive religious view points. Little of this a lot of that. Why so straight forward and confined?

Sorry, have lost you there. Can you explain what you mean please? What was straight forward and confined in what I said?

Originally posted by redzi0n
If you are interested in the Sophia story you should check out whistleblower Laura Eisenhower, grand daughter of President Eisenhower.

Awesome, thanks, will do.
edit on 12-1-2011 by JoseChung because: added

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoseChung

Why does someones faith have to be one shade of color? why not all healthy positive religious view points. Little of this a lot of that. Why so straight forward and confined?

Sorry, have lost you there. Can you explain what you mean please? What was straight forward and confined in what I said?

we determine faith in denominations and confined it to a point of view. Catholic, lutheran, baptis, hindu, Buddist. Why not take all the peices that are true and put something together yourself without anyone else knowing(personal faith)).
Go outside, sit by nature get some frickn life into you and enjoy all experiance of life. Go to college, soak some knowledge.

If God did not want these good religions than why are they still here. Hindu is the oldest religion ever and it still ticks.
Do not forget that the last thing God did (in the perspective of the new testament) was breaking the synagouge apart. Thus proclaiming that God is everywhere and not confined in a building. I am everywhere, under a rock etc etc. Jesus said that.
Hate to sound preachy

My biggest complaint about religion was when I heared about the catholic poverty oath. I did not know this. My aunt is a preistess(catholics do not think you are a preist cause you do not have a penis)/nun and she cannot be a true nun unless she sales all her stuff to the catholic church (money, house, car, goods. Called an oath of poverty.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

After you learned the fact in the existence of alians from outer space, why is it that you question your faith? If God is the creator of the universe, why wouldn't he also create extraterrestrials as well? Or do you believe that if extraterrestrials are real then God doesn't exist and that evalution created all things because ET's exist? I think that if there is no God then there is no awareness, and if there is no awareness, then how do beings with awareness exist from non-awareness if there is no God? Also, if life exist only on planet Earth then God is the God of Earth and not God of the universe because there are no subjects to rule over out there. But if God is the ruler of the universe then there must be physical subjects to rule over out there in the universe.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

we determine faith in denominations and confined it to a point of view. Catholic, lutheran, baptis, hindu, Buddist. Why not take all the peices that are true and put something together yourself without anyone else knowing(personal faith)).
Go outside, sit by nature get some frickn life into you and enjoy all experiance of life. Go to college, soak some knowledge.

Ah ok! See more of what you mean now and am totally with you on that. Maybe my mistake was the way I perceived you might be thinking with you being a priest, and if so, apologies. But yeah, agreed with doing your own thing and mixing things up if it works, it's what I've mostly done as well and still do to an extent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join