It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Warmest Year Ever Recorded (Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just saw this in the papers yesterday

Environment Canada has quietly released its climate report for 2010, confirming that it was the hottest year on Canadian record books. National temperatures exceeded average values by a whopping 3 C, the warmest since record-keeping began in 1948, says the report, posted on the department's website Monday.

Source

Found it to be quite interesting seeing how there were a ton of "it's a new ice age" (in Europe) threads not too long ago.

Frankly, the way I (and many other people here) see it; weather changes. Don't come to conclusions if your in the beginning of such an event. If summer comes and your still knee high in snow, then your speculation may have some value.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

the warmest since record-keeping began in 1948, says the report, posted on the department's website Monday.

This is an example of what I find fascinating; How can an issue be made, regarding the climate being in a warming phase, using meteorological data covering such a limited span of time -- 63 years? The earth has been around for billions of years (or, depending on your cosmological beliefs, about 5,000). I find it unlikely that any real, comprehensive climate forecast could be extrapolated from a little more than a half century of temperature recordings.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm from Newfoundland, Canada, and I'm still in shock that we haven't had any snow yet...the earth is changing, and soon it'll be undeniable.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I live north of 60 and here, we have not seen any day below -18 yet...

We hover between -5 and - 15... It's supposed to be -25 to -30...

It rained in december... 3 times...

It is really really weird...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I live north of 60 and here, we have not seen any day below -18 yet...

We hover between -5 and - 15... It's supposed to be -25 to -30...

It rained in december... 3 times...

It is really really weird...

I'm Saskatchewan, east central, 53rd parallel. We've have a few days down to -30, but not very many. It's mostly hovering around -15. I have to haul my own water, so I watch the temperature closely. When it's too cold, the nozzles for the water connection freeze solid by the time I get home, so I try to time my water usage around the weather. So far this year, it's been good to get water. Last winter, was a lot of -30, compared to this year.

Thankfully, we've had only snow, and the temperature hasn't gone above -5, I hate when the ground softens with slush. Perfect winter temperatures here are -10, they're the best for driving.

We are known for being colder than the arctic at times in the winter, which is weird, but true.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It seems strange to me. Here in Georgia, it has been snowing for 4 straight days now.

And ever since i can remember ( 21 years isn't a whole lot of experience, but its something) we've never had more than a day of snow at a time, and even then it rarely sticks to the ground.

seems odd that you guys are having record warm temps, where we are getting record snowfall

EDIT:

and i guess if you thought about it hard enough, you could probably relate it to the massive flooding going on in Australia.
edit on 12-1-2011 by The Mo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
For Edmonton it's been pretty average. -20's to -30's and some days with wind chill -40's. LOTS of snow this year though. We're at around 3-4 feet just in the back of my house. It's been snowing for about 3 days in a row now with around 15-20cm of snow within those days (10 on the first)

top topics

join