It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah and allies resign from Lebanon government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I don't think that Israel wants that either but they are stuck with this neighbor.

I think you need to REVISE your statement in saying that the entire middle east is stuck with ISRAEL as their neighbor.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Israel exists. You can blame the UN for that.

It's true that there is a lot of hate focused on Israel by their neighbors. I guess tolerance isn't practiced in the Mideast by anyone including Israel.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone wants to live in the Mideast.

Regardless of the country of religious faith, why would one want to be there?

I certainly wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Yeah the stuck with the Neighbor thing is funny. lol. Thats where isreal wanted to be.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Originally posted by Shenon
I think the better Question would be: "What will Israel do now?"
edit on 12-1-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

A smart thing israel should do within this month is to strike Irans nuclear facilities and just put their heads down as the world condemns them. The storm will pass and things will go back to normal, sure Hezbollah controls Lebanon now, but atleast they dont have to worry about Iran...

Strike Irans nuclear facilities? For what purpose? why not strike israel nuclear facilities ?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Jews originated from the Middle East and have returned. Do not get me wrong, I am no fan of most of Israel's policies, but I am a fan of Israel existing.

On that note...I need help understanding how far reaching you all think this could get. Do you think, beyond de-stabilizing the region, it could get even worse ? Do you see Hamas and Hezbollah as bedfellows at some point in all of this? I think the worse thing Israel could do is attack anybody unless there is a damn good reason along with some global consensus ( how that would manifest itself I do not know) and what's worse by default the US will be embroiled in yet another Middle Eastern fracas, when it is so time for us to get the hell out or no? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
A smart thing israel should do within this month is to strike Irans nuclear facilities and just put their heads down as the world condemns them. The storm will pass and things will go back to normal, sure Hezbollah controls Lebanon now, but atleast they dont have to worry about Iran...

Do you really believe that "the storm will pass and things will go back to normal," if Israel attacks Iran? Today's Persia has the combined territory of France and Germany, population of over 74 million, and armed with everything including torpedo-rocket Shkval that only Russia has. US bases in the Gulf will be the second hit. Probably Iran is nuclear armed by either R. or CN. This will be a nuclear war that will go into WW3 later. Not immediately but in some months. Will America risk so much? Why should Iran be attacked in first place - for what ends? Many dream a second Iraq scenario. Only it is not Iraq (Babylon) but Iran (Persia). And seems to have allies around the world.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Gliese581 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Better sooner than later id say from a strategic or tactical level....
The longer we wait the better equipped the Iranis will be...wait too long and they will have nuclear option too.
If we really must go to war with iran, id rather win than loose. just my humble opinion.
There is no doubt that isreal will suffer greatly for an unilatral attack on iran.If the US does not support isreal, they had better use the nukes right off the bat.
I have heard that isreal has neutron bombs too.....these would be the ideal weapons to use as they produce very little fallout and mainly just kill every living thing.The rediation is short livd, but it can penetrate many many feet of earth.Only a water shield can stop the radiation from such a weapon.
The wqhole idea of such a war is abominable to me, but, like i said, if it cant be stopped, then id rather we won it thaan lost!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.google.com...

So... Jihad, Hez and Hamas are one unit now, do you think, well, we know they have tried this before? Will it stick?
PA is standing alone? or "The Palestinians" as they are called, or are the latter separate? I do not have the answer to this. Egypt is all over Hamas like a bad suit for the rocket fire into Israel and the fact that it is increasing. Jordan is the quiet ally, Saudi Arabia needs the US, they are not going to war, same with Egypt, Iraq, as well, since we have done what we have done. Turkey does not want a war, we do not...Russia...I just do not think so.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is probably way more of angelwranger than anybody needs, but I am going watch the President's speech in Tucson.

An Israeli man who is the best mechanic in West LA, (I think he is old school moussad, a la Munich), humble, always, oil all over him worked on my car today. He owns botha bulletproof MBZ Kompressor,and Escalade. I have known him for a few years and he feels this is not good for Israel (understatement), and with the usual Israeli bravado and rhetoric "We are ready for them...yada yada yada." So, I mentioned Egypt, then Saudi, then Iran, then he looked worried and said, "People do not realize, it could be all nukes this time. Iran wants the whole region not just Israel and everyone is afraid"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join