It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Mad At Our Media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Janky Red

What the hell are you talking about?

If I didn't care about the violence directed against innocent people by government, I wouldn't bother arguing in this forum at all.

DEEEFLECTION

We are talking about corporations that are the market place in action -

There is no reason for a multi- millionaire to be cautious when he is gambling with a couple Billion dollars, there is non, he is not liable, so the premise of moral hazard does not apply. The man will not starve or be in the streets by the next pay check. You are talking paper calculations and ignoring the human element

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

News Flash

The billions the banks are gambling with didn't come from depositors, they came from government.

And as Peter points out, they are only able to get away with the gambling because government regulations protect them.

You do realize that the Fed is currently in the process of handing the commercial banks 600 billion in funny money for them to blow as they see fit - right?

You can thank government regulations for that.

edit on 12-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?

If I didn't care about the violence directed against innocent people by government, I wouldn't bother arguing in this forum at all.

Who do you think wants people who work to keep more of their money - me or you?

Who do you think wants people to get paid in a currency that isn't counterfeited by government - me or you?

Who do you think wants the banking cartel dismantled and the major banks to go bankrupt - me or you?

How can you effect ANYTHING if you do not want to take any action???

I think you ignore some very key things about your stance that prevent any of this from ever happening.
How can you dismantle a Cartel without a body of authority to do so??? Guns

not gonna happen - you are an enabler

There are some good rules and many bad rules - but you NEVER make that distinction and you have no vehicle to enact change NONE, ZERO , ZILCH

So this is where it all turns into impotent lip service

you are like

DAMN THE INJUSTICE!!!!

and the

OH, BUT ADDRESSING THE INJUSTICE IS INJUSTICE

it is like attaching a mouth to a poop hole

recycling poop - of course you can always say your crapped and ate in any given day, so everything is Kosher

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The cartel is a government creation.

What part of this are you not understanding?

Without the violence of government, the banking cartel could not exist.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Broadcast media is regulated by the Federal Communication Commission, which means that broadcast speech is regulated, which is a blatant disregard for the First Amendment which makes clear that Congress has no authority to regulate speech. All broadcasters in the United States are licensed broadcasters, which means only the privileged few with licenses are broadcasting which dramatically reduces the amount of competition the main stream media had until the advent of the internet.

This is why talking heads on the main stream media have been clamoring for regulation of the internet, and referring to "citizen journalists" as "street journalists" or "guerrilla journalists". Those who use their private video camera's and cell phones to record news events and post them in sites such as Youtube are non-credentialed journalists, in the very same way that Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay were non credentialed journalist when publishing The Federalist Papers. Indeed, similar to the internet, Hamilton, Madison, and Jay all used the same "user name" of Publius when printing the pamphlets that would become known as The Federalist Papers.

Credentialism is a big problem in the United States, as it is the insidious licensing of all professions, demanding that people who have the right to a profession, and the right to earn a living, obtain a license in order to do so. The very notion of credentialed journalists is antithetical to free speech, and freedom of the press. The idea that an administrative agency can be created to regulate speech, under the false assertion that the technology facilitating that speech must be regulated, is also antithetical to the principles set forth in The Constitution for the United States of America.

Beyond that, there are corporations. No distinction should ever be made between government and corporations. A sole proprietor, especially an unlicensed sole proprietor, does what he or she does by right, (assuming that what they do is within the parameters of rights), but the corporation does not exist by right, and instead exist by grant of permission, known as a charter. A charter of incorporation is granted by government, and all corporations are answerable to that government and any regulatory schemes they deem "necessary".

Whether governments control corporations, or corporations control government is a moot point. The symbiotic relationship between the two is one of collusion, as opposed to the independent relationship between We the People and government. By the principles set forth in the Constitution, all power flows directly from the people, and the government exists to serve the people not the other way around. No grants or titles of nobility are tolerated under this principle, and at no point to do privileges trump rights. These are the principles of a government formed by the people to establish justice, provide for the common defense, insure domestic tranquility, promote the general welfare, and most importantly secure the blessings of liberty to all.

Free and self governed people do not collude with government in order to reign in the rights of others and hold privileges above those rights. Corporations do. The good news, is that what can be granted can be taken away. Charters of incorporation can be revoked, and indeed are revoked. Of course, they are usually revoked in regards to smaller corporations that have not colluded with government, while the bigger multinational corporations continue to egregiously commit crimes against the people with nothing more than a paltry fine imposed upon them for this crime so that government may create an appearance of propriety. Corporations pollute the air, the EPA fines the corporations, and the corporations continue polluting. The corporations are happy, the EPA is happy, and to hell with We the People.

Until We the People do what is necessary to demand that our States Attorney Generals begin revoking charters to corporations that are clearly usurping our Constitutional form of government in order to create their system of oligopoly, then we will continue to face many of the problems that we have today.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

News Flash

The billions the banks are gambling with didn't come from depositors, they came from government.

And as Peter points out, they are only able to get away with the gambling because government regulations protect them.

You do realize that the Fed is currently in the process of handing the commercial banks 600 billion in funny money for them to blow as they see fit - right?

You can thank government regulations for that.

You do realize that three fellows with a Trillion dollars can create any sort of artificial market movement they want? Engineer failure and bank runs, then they can sweep in and buy up assets for pennies on the hundreds?
There is no reason for banksters to fear for their own lives when they are gambling with other peoples money
NONE, with or without FDIC - they can get rich off their own vessels demise. You and I are not privy to the inner workings of what risks the banks are taking, they are not required to tell us the truth for that matter
because they can obscure the truth with the fruits of their capital

I don't get you man,you are really smart, but, I am not sure what your problem is....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Those three fellows don't have the power to create trillions out of thin air.

They need government regulations to do that for them.

The very government regulations that you think are helping protect you from them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The cartel is a government creation.

What part of this are you not understanding?

Without the violence of government, the banking cartel could not exist.

So then, what created the need for Trust Busting in the first place???

Given that the Medi cartel operate in an unregulated market place, how do you suppose they achieved a cartel status? Entities can compound capital and virtually corner a market,,, you are either with us or against us. Typically less potent entities will pair up and fall in line with larger more potent ones, it is GOOD business.

I do not argue that there are far more bad regulations than good, there certainly are.

My qualm is that you do seem to want to examine anything that doesn't fit into your box.

If I can shape the market, employ everyone that runs the market and gamble with everyones money without fear to my own ability to provide for my basic needs, what is my disincentive for leveraging 50/1 ?

If I am right I could buy a nation - if I am wrong in five years someone will give me another go -

This is the human element, there are so many externalities that your fail to take into account

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

"My box" consists of peaceful voluntary transactions.

Anything that requires the use of force against the innocent is wrong.

It's a pretty simple moral ethic I follow.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Those three fellows don't have the power to create trillions out of thin air.

They need government regulations to do that for them.

The very government regulations that you think are helping protect you from them.

OK

Let us say they already have a Trillion Dollars, today -

Does your backdating circumstance change the implications?

I am not arguing for what we have now - I am arguing for simple ideas that ensure people can't make markets
when they do have enough to rival the day to day trading sessions. I am also arguing that there are REAL repercussions for defrauding the entire nation... I personally do not have the time or luxury to observe and monitor every banks strategy or personnel, so I am not sure how I can be responsible enough to understand the risks I am taking. Pair that with the virtual MANDATE for a plastic card to do many things and it seems I have no reasonable option in this world. The government forces me and the the meta corporations that design the system around me demand of me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

"My box" consists of peaceful voluntary transactions.

Anything that requires the use of force against the innocent is wrong.

It's a pretty simple moral ethic I follow.

OK

I will press you

HOW will you address cartels without some form of leverage?

There is a point where you can be PRO active in fighting the system abound?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes.

The major hedge funds and banks would go bankrupt if government stopped the regulations.

The money that those guys are worth is tied up in those funds and corporations.

If they go bankrupt, those big players would take an absolutely epic loss.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just poppin' in here to say I completely agree.

As long as the U.S. doesn't have a "mainstream" media outlet that is unbiased and doesn't have an agenda, we will never be able to get beyond the deep political divisions ruining this country.

S&F, because I hope this will be read, and contemplated, by all on ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

All cartels are a government creation.

All cartels fall apart without the force of government.

Monopolies are a creature of government.

If you are against monopolies, then you should be against patent laws - patents grant a government sanctioned monopoly to the patent holder.

If you are against cartels, then you should be against the financial regulations - those regulations create and maintain the fiat currency issued by the Fed run cartel.

All of those things require government, and removing any of them destroys the monopoly/cartel privileges businesses enjoy.

Free markets PREVENT monopolies because anyone can come in and compete.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join