It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Americans Reject Media Hoax On Arizona Shootings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Poll: Americans Reject Media Hoax On Arizona Shootings

www.infowars.com

The establishment media campaign to crassly exploit the tragic Arizona shootings as a way to bludgeon the First Amendment and silence critics of the Obama administration has failed spectacularly, with even a majority of Democrats telling a CBS poll that “violent political rhetoric” was not to blame for the actions of a mentally disturbed madman.
Within minutes of Saturday’s shootings and before the identity of the gunman was even known, establishment mouthpieces like the New York Times and MSNBCUnfortunately for the architects of this national hoax, a clear majority of the American peop
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Even a majority of Democrats say that political rhetoric had nothing to do with the shooting.
“Among Democrats 49 percent placed no blame on the heated political tone against 42 percent who did. Among independents the split was 56 percent to 33 percent, CBS said.”
Amongst Republican voters, just 19 per cent blamed political rhetoric for the massacre, versus 69 per cent who rejected such a link.

I'm no fan of " polls", but what I found interesting is that the majority of Politicos are actually using some common sense. And realizing that infringing on th publics rights won't solve the issue.

www.infowars.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, Jared himself said it had nothing to do with political rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's a leftist plot to try and close down free(disagreeing, unPC) speech, so only we will get our news from NPR and the Ed show. It's fearmongering, to blame this nut's actions on conservative talk. It showcases the left's intentions, to destroy freedom, and install a totalitarian regime.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
American conservatives and tea partiers are so touchy. I myself don't hear anybody is saying that jared is innocent. I certainly don't blame anyone else whether it's palin, beck, etc for the shooting. Especially since I'm suspicious about the incident itself.

However palin's bull's eye is sure uncanny, not to mention gifford's own remark. But that's a year ago.

Get on Target for Victory in November Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office Shot a fully automatic M15 with Jesse Kelly

So who's this Jesse Kelly?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
Well, Jared himself said it had nothing to do with political rhetoric.

He did? Do you have a link? I was under the impression that he hadn't spoken at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

We know it's not to blame. However it is still inappropriate and sends a very dangerous message. Not to mention it could very well be to blame for the violence directed at Gifford prior to the shooting. Come on, the fact that the woman who was killed called it out months before she was killed obviously meant she felt endangered by it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

This is the 3rd thread now I have copied and pasted this into. Using an argument about what one person says to justify the actions of another person is insane, plain and simple. The moment that is accepted and used in court, we are all fu#$ed, because at that point the 1st amendment is gone.

and we all thought it would be the Government who would revoke the 1st amendement, when instead with the way people are arguing this, its going to be the mental jkid detached from reality who went to a speech and heard nothing but voices in his head telling him the rice crispies elves are evil, and must be killed along with Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny and Chairman Mao.

Before people lay blame on the Right wing and crosshairs, we should look at the Left wing and crosshairs. This is nothing but the Liberal Elite taking an tragic incident to make political hay out of it. Lets looks at the Democratic strategy map and who they are targeting shall we?

Since when did the ignorant Liberal Elite think going on National TV to push an agenda to blame the Tea Party or Republicans for a senseless act of violence would be a good idea without first checking to see if they were guilty of exactly what they are accusing the right of doing?

...and Democrats wonder why they got their asses booted out of the House. Keep this BS up and in the next elections they stand a chance of loosing the Senate and the WhiteHouse.

The American people are tired of the blame game, and to exploit a tragedy like this to do it makes it even worse and does nothing but reinforce the belief that some peoples ethics would raise eyebrows in the Court of Calligula.

This incident was an act of violence by a disturbed kid with mental issues and nothing more. Any attempt to make it into something more is going to backfire and blow up in their face. Apparently the left did not learn anything in the last election cycle....

Also - This kid is a registered INDEPENDANT, not a Democrat nor a Republican.

Hate speech??? Look at how each map is labeled. The Republican map says taking a stand. The Democrat map says behind enemy lines. Lets not forget that Obama at one point called republicans the enemy. The Democrats need to drop the hypocrisy in an effort to take advantage of the situation.

Never let a good crisis go to waste -
Hilary Clinton
Rham Emmanuel
Again Rham Emmanuel

What did the DailyKos have to say about Rep Giffords?

Maybe you can show me where the Liberal Left is going after the dailykos and their comments in addition to the Republican info that is being cited. The comments were removed after the Rep was shot, and not because they had anything to do with it, but because it would be hard to blame the Republicans for inciting hate speech with Democrats doing the same thing.

What else did the Dailykos have?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4b0ecaa6b10.png[/atsimg]

Uhm.. yeah.. Its all the Republicans fault. I am guessing people come to that conlusion by using the one potato two potato method?

edit on 11-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Everything you posted is true, but the reason people are coming down so hard on Palin is because she is the most outspoken and visible person that's been creating this atmosphere of hatred and violence for the past 3 years. Yes, others have been doing it, too, and they are just as guilty. But everyone needs to stop perpetrating violence.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereweheadedI'm no fan of " polls", but what I found interesting is that the majority of Politicos are actually using some common sense. And realizing that infringing on th publics rights won't solve the issue.

www.infowars.com

From the Article cited above:

A CBS News nationwide telephone poll found that, “57 percent of respondents said the harsh political tone had nothing to do with the shooting, compared to 32 percent who felt it did.”

Even a majority of Democrats say that political rhetoric had nothing to do with the shooting.
“Among Democrats 49 percent placed no blame on the heated political tone against 42 percent who did. Among independents the split was 56 percent to 33 percent, CBS said.”

Amongst Republican voters, just 19 per cent blamed political rhetoric for the massacre, versus 69 per cent who rejected such a link.

Unfortunately, the TPTB have long stopped respecting the views or will of the people – Odumbassare passed though every poll said we didn’t want it overwhelmingly.

These are dangerous times…Be prepared!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Your point is made nil by the fact that these images you posted aren't directly related to a spokesperson with gun in hand who has made this kinda of imagery and wording here entire shtick. You can not string together a history for these few examples. I can post twice as many examples coming from this one woman in the last year than you have digging 6 years in the past.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Everything you posted is true, but the reason people are coming down so hard on Palin is because she is the most outspoken and visible person that's been creating this atmosphere of hatred and violence for the past 3 years. Yes, others have been doing it, too, and they are just as guilty. But everyone needs to stop perpetrating violence.

Well, shes not... If you get bored take a gander over at Keith Olbermans show and see some of the crap that comes out of his mouth, or glen beck, Oreilly, maddow etc etc. Palin is a private citizen and is entitled to her opinion. Also, I will point this out but I am not sure if its intended on your part or jsut the way you answered. I have seen people make this exact argument, that everyone needs to tone down the rhetoric, while still invoking only the name of Sarah Palin. Its coming across as a stealth blame, where people say yes lets all get along, but she is still to blame.

We cannot control, with any amount of laws, what people are going to be thinking and how they will perceive comments by other people. We have seen this time and again and yet we still ignore the lesson and go back down this same road.

An example - There are people I have gone through the Police academy with who are miswired in the brain when it comes to pressure point control. To everyone else, using a pressure point will result in the person being in pain and complying with the commands.

To these people im talking about, when you use a pressure point control technique on them, they do not experience pain from it. Their brain receives what is suppose to be a pain signal, and misinterprets it and it comes across as a smell, or seeing a different color, or anything but the pain.

That is this kid.. He could have watch old speeches of Hitlers, Mussoulinis or even Roosevelt or Churchills, and come out of that viewing with the thought the Easter Bunny is the antichrist, and must be killed because he is hording in on Santa Clauses territory. Instead of it being Hitler, Mousolini Roosevelt or Churchill that he heard, it could very well be the Rice crispies elves telling him to do this.

The investigation is ongoing, and we dont know what caused this kid to snap, so any attempt to lay blame on whatever or whoever, will be innapropriate because it might not even be close to being correct.

To those people who apparently know why this kid did what he did should present themselves to the Hospitals, since they apparently have the ability to read the minds of mentaly disturbed people. Their "powers" would be better served healping those people rather than finding blame.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What people fail to realize is that the PAC had the targets as an advertisement. Nothing more. Its the MSM whom is responsible for trying to play the blame game. Just laughable at this point?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Your point is made nil by the fact that these images you posted aren't directly related to a spokesperson with gun in hand who has made this kinda of imagery and wording here entire shtick. You can not string together a history for these few examples. I can post twice as many examples coming from this one woman in the last year than you have digging 6 years in the past.

Actually its not nill for the simple fact it counters what the left is trying to do, which is to use words taken out of context to lay blame on one person for this incident. I am showing that its entirely possible this kid could have used extreme left wing comments made by Democrats to pull this off.

Which brings me bck to the cruxt of the overall argument in that we have no idea what snapped in this kids head to cause him to do this. I would say its safe to assume its nothing that Palin, Republicans, the DAilyKos or Democrats have said that caused this.

But thank you for proving my point about political partisanship in an effort to push an agenda while ignoring information that exposes tactics used by the very group who accuses Palin of this.

I could care less about what info you can find or cant find. As I said we can go back to the founding fathers and find speeches given that can be used for what occured that day.

My point is this kid acted on his own, made his own decision and had no help from any person to do what he did that day.

The kid is a registered Independant.. Maybe if you want you can look into what Joe Leiberman has been saying since he is one of 2 indpendants in the Senate. Maybe he gave a speech this kid took out of context.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I dont think it has anything to do with being touchy. I think it has more to do with having a tragic incident exploited for political gain by certain people in order to push an Agenda. If I had comments taken out of context and then attributed to the shooting of 19 people and murder of 6 of those I would be a little pissy as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
What people fail to realize is that the PAC had the targets as an advertisement. Nothing more. Its the MSM whom is responsible for trying to play the blame game. Just laughable at this point?

Actually its the left leaning media who has been pushing this. Even the Sheriff's speech was so outside his area of responsibility its not even funny. Prior to this shooting, and shortly after it, no one linked it to polotics. It was not until some of the fringe elements wanted to blame Palin that this hit the MSM.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I would laugh my little butt off, if all these tactics from the left to paint Palin as this evil doer, not only fail, but she then got voted in as president to remove the one termer, and empty suit!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Well, shes not..

She's not what? Advocating violence? Yes she is. As I said, she is the most outspoken and visible person that's been creating this atmosphere of hatred and violence for the past 3 years.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not just Palin. The reason I'm talking about Palin is that she is the subject of this thread. I have commented on Olbermann elsewhere.

It's coming across as a stealth blame, where people say yes lets all get along, but she is still to blame.

And I've said 100 times. PALIN IS NOT TO BLAME for the shooting. She IS responsible for her part in the violent atmosphere in politics these days, as are all of those who uses this type of rhetoric. Each is responsible for their own words and actions.

edit on 1/12/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Can you explain this then? Or is this more of the Right wing pretending to be left wing people inciting hate?

ATS Source

Originally posted by Alxandro

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No really she is not pushing violence. People are hearing what they want and taking it of context in an effort to score political points.

Go back and read in its entirety and show me where she is pushing for violence against people. The fact that you say politicians are responsible for what they say I will agree with. However, laying blame on what they say because other people misinterpret it is not the fault of anyone but the wingnuts who hear what they want.

This is no different than some people demanding their free medical care because of Obamas Health Care plan, and being pissed because its not what they thought it was. Who is to blame, the President or these people who heard what they want when they listened to the President?
edit on 12-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join