It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Foot in Mouth!!???? Again!!!!????

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Exactly, she has one daughter who was knocked up at 16, another that runs wild on the internet (and in life from what I understand) and I'm expected to believe that she is a good mom, just like me? Personally, I don't think she knows or cares what the hell her kids are up to, which to each their own, but don't expect me to buy a pile of manure that claims you're just like me. I know where my kids are 24/7, I know exactly what they do online, some may call me an overprotective nut (including my kids) but they are safe, not in any trouble, and know how to speak to people and behave.

Lord knows I think Palin is an idiot...a desperate publicity hound..attention needy...often morally challenged woman, but I am comfortable saying that parenting is a tricky endeavor for the most vigilant parents...and I draw the line at judging her parenting skills. Only her and her kids really know if she is a good or bad parent .A "reality show" or tabloid news brings no light to that question and it's irrelevant to the discussion.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Well, perhaps I have a warped sense, but I feel that people often judge me or rather my parenting style on the behavior and actions of my children, especially the adults they have contact with at school and their extracurricular instructors. Granted it may not be an in depth assessment but they know if your lax or on top of things.

I think Palin wants us to believe that she is on top of it and uber involved in their lives, but evidence shows otherwise. I simply don't think she needs to be promoting her vision of the American family while her's is in shambles. That's not to say she can't straighten it out, I just don't think she's done so thus far.

P.s. why am I looking at my screen name and it says I signed off five minutes ago, and I'm still logged on?

edit on 13-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mistressSOPHIA

Sgniteerg/Greetings

Since this is about subliminal speech(I truly hope I am on topic
... what may be you are hearing is something very much in the reflection of true reality... I know we all have heard about reverse speech
? so if the new Palin quote of the day was from end to beginning than what would it say?... maybe something like "Yes we can"(Thank you Satan)?

Wiki... Wiki... Wiki... Alert breaking here first from "THE CONSPIRACY-WARRIOR"(sorry! a little self admitted ego);

"Together we thrive"(The all see will Vanquish)...
... And we all know Palin is worshiping the "IN MONEY WE TRUST" god... Right?

Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

Mr X-See's

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't necessarily blame Palin or her team. But I do think this calls to the forefront the need to be careful with language and symbolism used. They could have known better, or they might not have. There is no way for me to personally know. I do think that, based on Palin's personality though, and I could be wrong, that she is of the "driven" type, blinded by a luminescent white light. These types, if they are not aware of what drives them, can be a danger. If she is Mal-i-boo Trace-y, then we should get on "target," and make sure that this "angel" falls, that the leprechaun and its gold fall hard and fast, because I do not think she is using her charms for the greater good. If she is, more power to her. See, I am just babbling incoherently, drunk in public. I have no idea what I am doing, and I make sure and not plead the fifth. See, I can engage in that crypto speak bull **** as well. If I can, so can others (and I have seen them do so), so I am not buying that they had no awareness, even if it was just subconscious malevolence. That subconscious malevolence would speak to their "true" nature, IMHO. Just saying. And flame away if you want. I know what I am doing. This crap is the real "above top secret." And it is crap, a useless web, meant to ensnare the unaware prey. And I don't like it. Or maybe it is necessary in order to keep the unawares or those focused only on themselves in quarantine. Who knows. And yes, I am now drunk, so take this for what you will. Just trying to put some spice in your coffee, deliberately playing joker to get those neurons firing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

In the spirit of this thread, let me back this conversation up a bit and try to explain what I think is the principle difference between our arguments.

I am prepared to give Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt.

You are not.

There it is. Plain and simple.

If you really think about it, we otherwise agree on much.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
How does Sarah encourage violence?reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Really you just have to listen to her speak. Someone who speaks so much about gun rights and her love of gun takes that into other areas making analogies about focusing on opponents as taking aim on them, "don't retreat, reload!" that is violent rhetoric. It doesn't mean that literally, but it could be taken as you are defeated (the reason you would retreat), but instead of retreating reload, what kind of message does that put forth if taken literally. And when her voice carries so far it reaches ears of people of all states of mind and mental health.

When Giffords talked about Palin's map with the cross hairs that was in response to violence against her office that took place that made her genuinely afraid and it is actually likely that it was tea partiers that perpetrated it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Blood libel...I've never heard that before in my life! Could you use it in a sentence please?
Now that I know it pisses somebody off (in this case Jews) I'll be sure to bust it out at my next public speaking.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Palin is an embarrassment to U.S politics, she's about as smart as a gerbil

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Fair enough...I'll give you she shouldn't be preaching values...and that she certainly wants the world to believe she is the best mama grizzly ever! But I can neither agree she is or isn't from Tabloid news and FB yada yada and prefer not to judge...or involve her children...even if she puts them out there on reality TV. It still feels out of bounds for me.

As for you feeling people judge you by your childrens behavior...screw them. Do your very best, love them to death, protect them, teach them to make good choices...and make the choices for them until they are old enough and able...and don't worry about what people say or think. We love are children with every fibre we have and stay up at night hopeing we are doing it right...that's all we can do.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by seagull
She's actually been rather good at taking it.

I guess that's a matter of opinion.
She seems like a big cry baby to me.

That's one of the things that really irks me about her.

She supports and surrounds herself with people that constantly wax patriotic over "losing freedom of speech", the oppression of a "PC nation" in a crazy liberal society, and supports Dr. Laura Schlessinger (Dr.Laura:don’t retreat…reload! ), who basically told a hurt caller in an interracial relationship that it isn't a problem that her White husbands friends and family call her a Nigger because Black people say the word(??)...

...but what happens when she gets hit with criticism and encounters potentially offensive language?

Water works.

"Fire Rahm Emanuel! He used the word "retard", and someone in my family has Downs Syndrome!"

"The media hates me because I am a woman! This is sexism!"

"Why'd you say that about my kiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddd??"

Seriously?

It's always the other person that's "PC sensitive" until you relate to the perceived insult.
Then the gloves come off in one swift hypocritical motion.

No "reloads" for Rahm, though.

Even though he was calling Liberals retards. Something she defended Rush Limbaugh for doing, because she said it was "satire".

She trashes the "lamestream" media, then gets a reality show and wanted to join FOX news.
I guarantee you, she's discussed a movie deal somewhere.

She was freaking everyone out over "death panels" in Obama's "socialized healthcare system", then went and got some of that healthcare for Tripp Palin Johnston.

Her shotgun is missing some shells.

To be honest, I can't see how people could idolize and support most of these obvious charlatans we keep in political office, but she just never seems good at hiding her own blatant hypocrisy.

If this is the behavior of "real Americans" I guess I am just not one of them.

I couldn't see this woman in the White House.
She need to stick with TV.

- Lee
edit on 13-1-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by RighteousDude
But, I see ominous dark things coming from this. She's too high, too fast and too reckless to end obscurely. She most certainly is not presidential material in any sense. Unless the United States becomes some severely unflattering caricature of what we once collectively thought it was.

This is a great statement.

I don't think Palin lacks IQ - - - I think her ego and believing her own hype is what is making her into a joke.

She is incredibly arrogant. Which seems to be a trait of the extreme Right.

PRIDE AND VANITY..... palin isnt stupid... she has a lot of skills.. B4 SHE QUIT alaska, she was a solid governor... which implies she may very well be a qualified POTUS. i think she is fundamentally as intelligent as any recent POTUS. she doesnt have the connections and inside knowlege, the good old boys do.. but she is capable of processing new information and DELEGATING,

she is often very NAIVE though, and i think the republican party and, on wednesday, her speech writers got the best of her.. they play on her PRIDE AND VANITY to get her to do stupid things.. kind of like mean sorority sisters hazing a pledge.

what i cant stand most about palin, is how much POTENTIAL she has, and how she keeps shooting herself in the foot.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistressSOPHIA
. . . she was a solid governor...

I suggest you do some in-depth research on her governing tactics. I mean really dig deep. Look for ALL information you can find from those who worked with her - lived near her - etc etc etc etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

i lived @ 30 minutes from wasilla for 1 hard winter... working restaurants... im not an alaska lifer.. but i talked to alot of people... my interests werent conservative politics.... but i was aware of palin as ak gov b4 mccain.

my point is is she has ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS... she may piss people off.. she may take advantage of laws to her own advantage. but she is a capable player of THE GAME. she CAN get things done, which shows INTELLIGENCE. now intelligence can be downright destructive.. or save the day..

PALIN if she continues to EDUCATE herself... get control over those advising her. and learns som HUMILITY. could be a very different person in 2012... today i wouldnt VOTE for her.. but in 2 years she may be the least of multiple evils

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I am confused how anyone can claim she is so intelligent and yet at the same time keeps shooting herself in the foot because she reads anything handed to her by the sneaky people around her that constantly apparently outsmart her? Is it the same way one can say "B4 SHE QUIT alaska, she was a solid governor?" The job of governor is a comittment to the people that elected you. A big part of being good at that job would be following through on that comittment. I am more curious though how you feel she is intelligent yet just reads anything she is handed and thus looks like a fool because she well, will read apparently anything as her own words?
edit on 13-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistressSOPHIA
my point is is she has ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS... she may piss people off.. she may take advantage of laws to her own advantage. but she is a capable player of THE GAME. she CAN get things done, which shows INTELLIGENCE. now intelligence can be downright destructive.. or save the day.

From all I've discovered - - - I don't doubt she has Intelligence. But intelligence has to be applied.

She is tenacious - - - to a fault. I find her arrogant without justification. She buys into her own hype.

Like I stated - she is the Soccer Mom Ayn Rand. Completely self centered and will squash or toss aside anyone that doesn't help her reach her goal.

She is roll playing without real qualifications.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
Most of you have seen this but it really sums it perfectly...

I really don't know what else to say... American Politics is a joke.

So because Matt Damon is an ignoramus who is so into his own little life that he didn't know anything about Sarah Palin, you hold that as gospel truth?

Sarah, get out of politics! Your foes are ignorant fools who rely on Hollywood actors who themselves are ignorant fools.

My G_d, the naivete - to rely on Matt Damon for ones political guidance.:shk:

edit on 12-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

Political Guidance? Gospel Truth? You're tripping hard...

In any case, I'm sure ignoramus Matt Damon would make a much better president than Palin. Can you just imagine her in office, all trigger happy and completely clueless about what is going on. She is the epitome of dumb which is emblematic of so many Americans.

Proof is here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am prepared to give Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt.

You are not.

This is true, with one clarification. I did give her the cautious benefit of the doubt when she came on the scene. But she quickly proved (to me) that she didn't deserve that benefit. If people want to continue to like her and her politics, that's fine with me. In fact, I have said that I kinda like her, personally. I liked her on her show. I found her very personable and likable. But her political self and her dirty campaign style turn my stomach. I couldn't trust her with anything. IMO, she doesn't belong anywhere near politics. (and yes, that could be said about a lot of people, but they're not the subject of this thread).

There it is. Plain and simple.
That's how I feel and I don't hold a grudge against anyone for how they feel about her.

reply to post by hotbakedtater

It's all been said. I am sure you can pick it up by reading about it. I really don't care to go over it again.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join