It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Foot in Mouth!!???? Again!!!!????

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with what she said, in fact, I think it's true. The far left have used these deaths as political exploitation, and made it a blood libel against her. This nut wasn't even influenced by her, yet the leftists used this as an attack on Palin.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't dislike Sarah Palin, but I don't really like her either. Everytime I see her on the news all I think is, 'what is this reality star harping about now?'. Like I said, I don't dislike her, but how many politicians have their own reality shows? Disregarding whether I am a Republican or a Democrat, I think she should be more focused on other things than showing off how well she can aim with her rifle or mouthing off to every big news event of the day. How about you learn some grace from Hilary, hmmn?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Very tricky, Sarah, but I've got you pegged, honey.

And yet, everything you say is most likely wrong. The phrase could have easily been chosen by someone not familiar with its historical usage. I could have been the person to choose such a phrase.

..she pulled the video

Also not true. It is still available in its original form via her facebook link. Just checked it again a second ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What we witnessed yesterday was:

1. Sara Palin taking the low road of ignorance and self serving arrogance... To release her YouTube video the very same day of the memorial, which was all about "Sara", was very disrespectful of the victims and the country... On top of that her use of the term "blood libel" was horrendous and insulting... I doubt she even knows the history behind the term... This is presidential material?... I think not...

2. President Obama taking the high road... Offering condolences, healing, and tributes to the victims and heroes of Saturdays nightmare in a very eloquent and moving speech ... You might not agree with his political stands on issues, but this is what a thoughtful, intelligent and respectful President does...

Well done Mr. Obama...

Sara please stop insulting our intelligence with your ignorance and fade away... Please!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gemstone

Originally posted by gemstone
What we witnessed yesterday was:

1. Sara Palin taking the low road of ignorance and self serving arrogance... To release her YouTube video the very same day of the memorial..

You mean political rally.

And why do you conveniently ignore the memorial referenced in Palin's statement?

Bishop Kicanas consoles community in grief over Arizona shooting

Like millions of Americans I learned of the tragic events in Arizona on Saturday, and my heart broke for the innocent victims. No words can fill the hole left by the death of an innocent, but we do mourn for the victims’ families as we express our sympathy.

I agree with the sentiments shared yesterday at the beautiful Catholic mass held in honor of the victims. The mass will hopefully help begin a healing process for the families touched by this tragedy and for our country.

Palin's Statement

I guess that get's in the way of your point, huh?

And I wonder how many more memorials are scheduled....for tomorrow...this weekend....this month?

But spare me your predictable responses:

How facts backfire

In the end, truth will out. Won’t it?

Maybe not. Recently, a few political scientists have begun to discover a human tendency deeply discouraging to anyone with faith in the power of information. It’s this: Facts don’t necessarily have the power to change our minds. In fact, quite the opposite. In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger.

'nough said.

edit on 13-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I love how people pick out the stuff she says that they hate (and use it to trash her) yet ignore the truth she also says.

What else did she say?

“Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own,” she said. “They begin and end with the criminals who commit them.”

“In an ideal world all discourse would be civil and all disagreements cordial. But our Founding Fathers knew they weren’t designing a system for perfect men and women. If men and women were angels, there would be no need for government. Our Founders’ genius was to design a system that helped settle the inevitable conflicts caused by our imperfect passions in civil ways. So, we must condemn violence if our Republic is to endure.”

SOURCE

Please...someone debate that and tell me she is wrong. Please.

edit on January 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I agree. It is a selective world out there. If you dont like something just 'switch the channel'. Commercial Echo is driving everyone to pick and choose verbage to their liking and either rave or trash the individual. Not many people are good LISTENERS or READERS these days. It makes me wonder how many children actually READ or WRITE these days with the availability of personal computers and access to internet. One either types on the keyboard or reads online. No offense to anyone.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Yeah, she only has to pose in a bikini, holding a big gun to win over most of the Gun-toting male population of the US and many abroad too..

I hold nothing against her... "I'd like to though" ;D
edit on 1/13/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Day by Day this website is turning into a place for people to type one liners and vent off their frustrations rather than meaningful postings. Its not their fault. Blame the stupid MSM and other websites which report biased view points of individuals (republicans or democrats). Politics is dirty by nature. People should understand that what is visible on the surface is not exactly what it is in politics. Its the most filthy profession one can accept next to the entertainment industry.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
And yet, everything you say is most likely wrong.

Most likely wrong? What kind of inside connections do you have that would give you the information to say that I'm "most likely wrong"? I could be right or wrong.

The phrase could have easily been chosen by someone not familiar with its historical usage.

And wouldn't Sarah have said, "Blood Libel? What's that mean"? Or maybe she just didn't care what it meant. As I explained, I don't personally think she's dumb enough to say something to the WORLD that may come back to bite her... Unless that's what she wanted.

Also not true. It is still available in its original form via her facebook link.

It was reported on network news yesterday that her video had been pulled. I checked it at that time and it wasn't working. Turns out it was just a temporary glitch.

Though the video became temporarily unavailable on Vimeo midafternoon -- the version embedded here at The Atlantic stopped working and gave instead the warning, "The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature" -- it turned out to just be a tech glitch on the user end.
"The temporary disabling of the Sara Palin video was done by the video creator.

Source
edit on 1/13/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Most likely wrong? What kind of inside connections do you have that would give you the information to say that I'm "most likely wrong"? I could be right or wrong.

I love how you always get lost in semantics. "Most likely" means more than not. In other words, I don't entirely foreclose upon the possibility that you may be right, but find it more likely that you may be wrong.

But I'm fairly certain you wont see it that way.

And wouldn't Sarah have said, "Blood Libel? What's that mean"? Or maybe she just didn't care what it meant. As I explained, I don't personally think she's dumb enough to say something to the WORLD that may come back to bite her... Unless that's what she wanted.

Or maybe she assumed she knew what it meant-- very much like I did the first time I heard of the term. I would have never thought to question the phrase in the context of that speech.

Does that mean I don't care either what it meant?

Weak logic.

It was reported on network news yesterday that her video had been pulled. I checked it at that time and it wasn't working. Turns out it was just a temporary glitch.

Does that now diminish to some extent your argument?
edit on 13-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I love how you always get lost in semantics.

Well, good. And here I thought I was addressing what you SAID. My bad.

Or maybe she assumed she knew what it meant-- very much like I did the first time I heard of the term. I would have never thought to question the phrase in the context of that speech.

That's certainly possible. It's just not what I think happened.

Does that mean I don't care either what it meant?

Maybe. Which is what I said about her. MAYBE. You are familiar with the word?

Does that now diminish to some extent your argument?

No. My argument is that she said it on purpose in an effort to gain sympathy as a persecuted and lied-about Jew. My argument stands.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I think Palin is sexy and can say all the Stupid things she wants.

Sarah, go "Grrr.."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If Shara is on the ticket for president.
I am going to vote for her. I like the under dog's, they make
a loud bark. I believe, she'd shake a few old b_alls. I see, them
as average American Citizens, Her as a TV sport's caster, Todd a
fisher men. And likes to snowmobile race. Raising kids, ya allot of fun!
I think, Todd would be an influence to his wife, on making big
decisions for America. It was said, when Bill was in office, Hillary rand
the country. Hillary got caught in some lies, that ended her want to be.
I give, Shara credit, not smart, but takes a lot of crap.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I think she used "Blood Libel" on purpose.
It is a slanderous myth created to cause division, fear and hate. It was also proliferated on purpose.

I think Palin was infering that the Media has created its own Blood Libel Myth surrounding her being a "killer". I agree with you.

I don't agree with her in general, but I think she may have a point. Palin just has a way of polarizing people even in the act of defending herself.

When you think about it, it is this habit that probably put her in this position to begin with. Her choice of rhetoric is harsh, evocative and contentious and rife with an "its either Us or Them" attitude.
Blood Libel was a slur on a people, and a terrible one at that. It was hate and xenophobia that drove it. The irony should not be lost on anyone, if you consider that Palin chooses to use it as a defence.
Perhaps she will learn that we already know who the real victims of hate are in relation to the incident because they are all in Arizona, and she is not one of them regardless of the "blood libel" claim.

I still think she has a point, though.

edit on 13/1/11 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

link   
nm
edit on 1/13/2011 by gemstone because: Moderators... Please delete my emotional response...

link   

Originally posted by 19rn50
If Shara is on the ticket for president.
I give, Shara credit, not smart, but takes a lot of crap.

Well, if you want to find her name on the ballot, you should know that it's Sarah, not Shara. Would hate to have you voting for the wrong person.

And on the two quotes above. You want someone for president who isn't smart? Good. That's just what we need. Another dummy in the White House.
That worked so well last time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Is the video gone? I just sat down to watch the whole thing. Doesn't her camp do this a lot? remove all traces?

Ummm..a lucid mind should have been able to realize that the video was made by someone other than Palin. Like, maybe, Matt Damon?

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by mishigas

I was referring to the video of her speech in the post that I replied to. It was there earlier today.

P.S. Lucidity is a goal. Aim for it.
edit on 1/13/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by mishigas
Nah...you were referring to his recent post.
Accept it and don't tapdance....

In this context your screenname …Lucidity…appears an appropriate plea to other posters to demonstrate it

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I think Palin is sexy and can say all the Stupid things she wants.

Sarah, go "Grrr.."

Concur. She is definitely one hot MILF

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

There is one thing with that speech that I think is completely erroneous. "If we were angels there would be no need for government." There is NO NEED FOR GOVERNMENT. We can run things by ourselves. By having no government we cut out the middle mad...man..sorry.

As for Palin, if she would stop feeding us ammo we wouldn't be here in the first place.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

She lashed out at every opportunity at Obama, the left, the media... whomever she perceived to be her adversary. And now, when they lash out at her, she makes herself the victim.

.... same behavior that comes from the left and the Obama team towards the right.

Bottom line, Sarah Palin can dish it out in spades, but can't take it.

... same behavior that comes from the left and the Obama team.

Originally posted by nunya13
Either way, poor Sarah playing the victim yet again

She was the victim of the far left and the press that sucks up to the far left.
She has a right to defend herself from the errors about her in the media.
Her rhetoric was inappropriate but it didn't cause the shootings and she has a right to state that truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join