It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Foot in Mouth!!???? Again!!!!????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

I'm not a liberal. The only presidential candidates I ever voted for were Bush (senior) and McCain (if only to vote against Obama).

I am lamenting that Palin is such a moron and a suck-up because I would have LOVED to have a strong, attractive, pro 2nd amendment woman as our party leader. Sad about the missed opportunity there, sigh ...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Onboard2
I agree. It was all about her.

She reminds me of a Soccer Mom Ayn Rand.

Ha,ha, ha! Palin could have completely turned it around, but she went into attack mode by blaming the 'lame stream media" when she is as guilty of 'toxic' rhetoric the same as they, I praport.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Nice to see you resort to such weak argument though, just what I would expect from a Palin supporter, I don't even really have to put out a disclaimer. I think my words on this site provide enough evidence that Jersey Shore isn't much my taste. It was a good point though. and you have heard of them.
It's impossible to get away from them, they are in the damn news.
And no I didn't say a thing about politics and neither did you suggest that.
You said she has done more in her life than 99 percent of people posting here and I said they had as well. Doesn't mean any of them have done anything worth a damn. At least those drunk guidos haven't sold out a state to big oil and then bailed on said state.
edit on 12-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

You said she was a nwo/israeli ass kisser, I asked where your proof was to back that claim. You said because she had a Israeli flag...That is not proof of anything. Now your making more baseless accusations on your feelings/emotions (just like a female I suppose) and not on FACT.. Never the less. I'll let it go... Politics is obviously not your strong suit...

You said the color of Palins lips were brown? What color are your lips, purple?
edit on 12-1-2011 by MisterCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
reply to post by GirlGenius

(just like a female I suppose) ]

Really? You kind of nullify your argument with a comment like that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here's the vid for reference:

spec

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Apparently, her "blood libel" comments is worsened by the fact that Giffords was Jewish. Either way, poor Sarah playing the victim yet again when it is she who came out in full swing calling for people to reload and take aim at certain congressional seatholders. Maybe instead of being so dang defensive, she and everyone else should be acknowledge their irresponsibility when it comes to speaking against political opponents.

No one is blaming her. They are holding her partly responsible for the climate of violent rhetoric that is now the status quo in political discussion. It needs to stop. She needs to stop. So does everyone else who uses this disgraceful tone. The fact is that people were complaining about her and others use of this kind of rhetoric all last year and they still played the victim like they always do. She always goes on and on about personal responsibility and has NEVER taken any for herself. Now people are STILL asking her and others to cut it out and all she and they can do is cry about being victims...as usual.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

People thought this was good? This is awful. Not only should she have kept her mouth shut but she actually manages to make it sound like she is condemning a politically motivated killing which affirms what people have been saying. It wasn't politically motivated. She has still been wrong in her words and rhetoric..
She is pathetic, what didn't she touch on. She brought in Obama and 9/11. She tiptoes around the "finger pointing" like she is condemning action taken against a colleague instead of fessing up to whining about what people are saying about her.

Fresh example of how bad she is at this.

Oh but thanks for posting this SpeculativeOptimist, My words weren't really a response to you as you didn't take a stance but just provided info.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by loam
In this case, it appears most Americans do think she is a victim of the media and her political opponants.

Yes, she is. But she doesn't consider that when she attacks other people with lies and violent rhetoric. If it's wrong to lie and attack someone, why does SHE do it? Like I said, she can dish is out in spades, but can't take it.

Score one for you! This is EXACTLY how I and many others see this whole debacle with Sarah's past comments (and now her current ones). The hypocrisy is utterly astounding. Like I said in another post, she is the one who said people should reload and take aim at Giffords (essentially) while placing gun sights over her map location. That is some very offensive terminology and when people pointed this out to her she went on the defensive. Now its come back to bite her in the butt BIG TIME and she is still playing the victim. Maybe she should have listened in the first place. This isn't about free speech. Its about being responsible for what you say when it is broadcasted to millions of people every single day. You can't say stuff like this being an internationally recognized figure and not expect people to turn a very critical eye toward you the very words you were warned about speaking because of the havok they could wreak did exactly that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
...just what I would expect from a Palin supporter

Who said that? Me?

Palin just happens to be a lucky beneficiary of my support for the First Amendment.

I think my words on this site provide enough evidence that Jersey Shore isn't much my taste. It was a good point though. and you have heard of them.

No, I haven't.

It's impossible to get away from them, they are in the damn news.

None that I have ever seen or read. Some stuff, I just don't follow.

At least those drunk guidos haven't sold out a state to big oil and then bailed on said state.

Lovely.

I also happen to have never called anyone a "drunk guido"...

What point were you trying to make?

And you have the gall to criticize Palin for her words????

:shk:
edit on 12-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

ummmm...... If you would like to pretend that neither event occurred, that's your deal. However, in real world they are both factual documented events.

We are bound to North Korea by treaty and South Korea by prudence?!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I do have the gall as I said nothing wrong, the would most certainly agree they are drunk guidos, I believe they heightened the popularity of the term. Anyway, this got way off topic. The point is Sarah has done more than 99 percent of the population, but it isn't because of a particular skill set, it was luck just like every reality star ever. And I'm not just talking about her recent show, I'm talking about her career.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

So who is gaffe-less?

These examples, his and hers, are silly.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Actually she did say it and has actually revisited that statement even more recently.
And as the above poster shows, she did think we were ally to both north and south korea. Palin lovers will come in saying it was a verbal gaffe but anyone that has any knowledge of speech will know that it isn't and she really thought this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Haha you beat me to it, the Palin North/South Korea statement is not a gaffe. She actually was just lacking in knowledge. I can point out why that is if you would like.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

My words weren't really a response to you as you didn't take a stance but just provided info.

Thanks Vic, and I refrained from saying anything because I don't have anything nice to say about her.
I'll leave it at that....

spec

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yes, where/when did she revisit the statement? I could use a laugh.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I do have the gall as I said nothing wrong, the would most certainly agree they are drunk guidos, I believe they heightened the popularity of the term.

Sounds pretty objectionable to me.

So, in other words, because you say these people popularized the use of this distasteful term, it's ok for you to use?

M'kay.

Anyway, this got way off topic. The point is Sarah has done more than 99 percent of the population, but it isn't because of a particular skill set, it was luck just like every reality star ever. And I'm not just talking about her recent show, I'm talking about her career.

That's right. She was lucky.

One day she opened a chocolate bar and found the golden ticket that gave her two terms as mayor of Wasilla, the governorship of Alaska, and the running mate on a Presidential race.

It's pointless to discuss anything with you, if you're so willing to be careless with the facts.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I really hate to say as I've already made a reality show remark that has people here thinking I watch the Jersey Shore, but my friend sent me a video of clips from her reality show where it is brought up several times. I have to say I was curious to watch, but couldn't allow myself to give her ratings. In one clip she says "and you can see Russia from here..kinda." I'll try to find the clip because I don't want anyone to have to wade through an episode.

By the way I haven't seen much of this, but if anyone ever gets a chance to watch any of it (preferably in a way where she doesn't pocket anything though I think it's already canceled) I suggest you do so. It's embarrassing. She talks about Alaska like she's the only person that has ever gotten to live there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yes she she did find herself on a golden ticket with McCain. You are the one not seeing the point. There are lots of people in the government, none of them are reaching this celebrity status. Have you ever asked yourself why that is?

Is it because she's so brilliant? Is it because she has done so much? Why is it?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join