It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Foot in Mouth!!???? Again!!!!????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
To call it hate, however, is a bit of an overstatement.

I don't think so. People out there HATE Obama and she USED that in her campaign. She USED the anti-Obama rhetoric to shore up her support. She didn't threaten Obama, but her supporters did. And she USED that. That's what I meant.

She's actually been rather good at taking it.

I guess that's a matter of opinion.
She seems like a big cry baby to me. She can't win, though. She's made her political bed and now she has to lie in it. You can't just be the most major bitch alive and then when someone treats you in kind, cry foul. She has any and all criticisms coming, as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by loam
In this case, it appears most Americans do think she is a victim of the media and her political opponants.

Yes, she is. But she doesn't consider that when she attacks other people with lies and violent rhetoric. If it's wrong to lie and attack someone, why does SHE do it? Like I said, she can dish is out in spades, but can't take it.

In my book, I can't even remotely equate an inelegant defense to the abhorrent use of these killings to score political points.

She is using this tragedy to score political points, too. That's politics.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Even Jonah Goldberg, the author of Liberal Fascism, is upset by Palin's use of the term.

Of all the terms Palin could have used, from “defamation” to even “implicating me in murder,” why did Palin choose “blood libel”? As the conservative National Review’s Jonah Goldberg, who says he “agree[s] entirely with…Palin’s, larger point,” notes, “Historically, the term is almost invariably used to describe anti-Semitic myths about how Jews use blood — usually from children — in their ritual.”

thinkprogress.org...

Palin is right to defend herself against accusations she is responsible for Giffords' shooting, but she really should have used a different term.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
nothing to see here.

Just the world's consumate victims using the public stage of this tragedy to once again, remind everyone that they are victims

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think she made up a new word: Praport.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You know, if she had just resisted the temptation to lash out at her critics, her video would have been just fine. But she had to make it about her and that's what ruined it for her. She shouldn't have given her critics ANYTHING to go after. I just heard that the video had been disabled.

I feel sorry for her, really. No matter what she says at this point, she's going to have a HOST of critics. If only she had left out the victim part, this hubbub wouldn't be happening...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Not true.

They would have and will continue to go after her no matter what.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I just heard that the video had been disabled.

The link still works on her FB page.

vimeo.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I almost cringe to say this, but there's a slight possibility she meant exactly what she said and used the exact phrase she wanted to use.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
The link still works on her FB page

It doesn't play for me.
Maybe she's on to me.

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Actually, you could be right.

edit on 1/12/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistressSOPHIA
at worst she is revealing that the jewish LOUGHNER was recruited and handled and that this whole ASSASINATION and SACRIFICE of a child has some deeper occult zionist agenda.

I just wanted to point out that Loughner is NOT Jewish. A classmate of his told a reporter he believed Loughners mother to be Jewish, but this is not the case.

More on Loughners ancestry here.
edit on 12/1/11 by Symer because: I added a link

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

I didn't say anything about baby killing. She is an Israeli/NWO a$$ kisser. I don't want what she has ... brown lips - ugh!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley

Originally posted by GirlGenius

It's really a shame. The Palin archetype would be so appealing if she wasn't such an NWO/Israeli a$$ kisser. Yes, and very stupid, or playing stupid.

Imagine Palin as a smart and savvy true patriot instead of the pathetic caricature she is ... she would have stole America's heart -- and rightly so.

Some would see Palin as non-pathetic IF ONLY she was a liberal and/or believed what they do.. Blatant ignorance.

I was mostly talking about the conservatives. Most really appreciate Palin's stand on gun rights. I'm a registered republican although I think the parties are an illusion. I do vote, for what it's worth, and I contributed heavily (for me) to Ron Paul's campaign.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You know, if she had just resisted the temptation to lash out at her critics, her video would have been just fine. But she had to make it about her and that's what ruined it for her. She shouldn't have given her critics ANYTHING to go after. I just heard that the video had been disabled.

I feel sorry for her, really. No matter what she says at this point, she's going to have a HOST of critics. If only she had left out the victim part, this hubbub wouldn't be happening...

I agree. It was all about her.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

How do you support that theory, where is your evidence She is an Israeli/NWO a$$ kisser? Also how do I know what color YOUR lips our?
edit on 12-1-2011 by MisterCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm a registered republican although I think the parties are an illusion.

I'm actually a 40+ year CA Republican - - - which I know will shock some people.

I'm fiscal conservative - social liberal.

It SUX that the Christian Right hijacked the Republican party. There are still REAL Republicans.

But - I will be switching to "no party" - - as soon as I figure out the online registration. I screwed it up once - - gotta try again

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
I agree. It was all about her.

She reminds me of a Soccer Mom Ayn Rand.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

Her own words and the Israeli flag in her office - ugh.

Sorry to bust your bubble.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It SUX that the Christian Right hijacked the Republican party. There are still REAL Republicans.

I KNOW! It's so disgusting. They give all of us a bad rap. But that's what the party system is all about - creating division (in the people, at least).
edit on 12-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm a registered republican although I think the parties are an illusion.

I'm actually a 40+ year CA Republican - - - which I know will shock some people.

I'm fiscal conservative - social liberal.

It SUX that the Christian Right hijacked the Republican party. There are still REAL Republicans

Hey, me too!
Honestly though, this whole palin talk is so not worth it these days. I'm more concerned with extreme weather, other anomalies, and rising food prices. So, I kinda limit myself in political and palin threads.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Burst my bubble? Your making libel, baseless accusations! I was going to retract the ignorant statement, but your not giving me any reason as per stance on your back boneless Palin hating... Your just hating to hate... Don't be a hater...

She is an Israel/NWO ass kisser because she has an Israeli flag?? "Her own words and the Israeli flag in her office"

You call Palin pathetic?????
edit on 12-1-2011 by MisterCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
To think that Palin isn't aware of politics and that what a politician says will be scrutinized in every possible way, either means she is completely ignorant of the entire political process, or she is quite cognizant of the fact and is trying to lever herself in some way to gain a foothold in this whole mess. Actions speak louder than words, and in my eye, Palin's actions have shown me all I need to see. She has shown that she cannot follow through on a commitment, and that she would rather be in the national spotlight than doing something to make a difference.

She "should" have done this and "should" have done that. Every politician at this point is making statements to try to garner support from the populace to further their political ideologies. Whatever....As others have said, she can dish it out, but can't take it. Sure "mama bear" has to defend her cubs, but at the same time, she does need to realize that "her" family is no better than any other family. That goes with everyone else. Yes you have to look out for number one, but at the same time, we live in a society. And the society, as a whole, is more important than the individual. They go hand in hand.

It is sad to see that our evolution as a human species has been stagnant for so many years, all based on the idea that our egos need to be stoked on a constant basis. My prayers go out not only to the victims of this crime, but for humanity as a whole. We can and we will overcome this tragedy, but resorting to name calling and pointing fingers only keeps us in this stagnation of human evolution.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join