It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Criticizes Manufacturers of 'Blood Libel' as Proponents of Speech Limits Cite Sharron Angle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

When a Republican Congressman is murdered in a district targeted by the Democratic party, then they will come under fire from the MSM (FOX News is the most mainstream news network) and there will be slimy little Democratic apologists coming out to defend their sleazy political overlord, just as is happening now with Sarah Palin and her slimedogs.

There are good reasons that people are so critical of Palin. Sarah Palin is one of the few national politicians to fail upwards. Derp.

After an unsuccessful campaign for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 2002, she chaired the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission from 2003 until she resigned in 2004.

Could it be that she earned that promotion? Or, far more likely, was she advanced in her political career by the Republican Party to serve their own ends? Maybe, just maybe, she only got ahead because of favours she did for other politicians?

Following her defeat, she campaigned throughout the state for the Republican governor-lieutenant governor ticket of Frank Murkowski and Loren Leman.[82] Murkowski and Leman won, Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in December 2002 to assume the governorship. Palin was said to be on the "short list" of possible appointees to Murkowski's U.S. Senate seat . . . Governor Murkowski offered a number of other jobs to Palin, and in February 2003, she accepted an appointment to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, which oversees Alaska's oil and gas fields for safety and efficiency.[82] Although she had little background in the area, she said she wanted to learn more about the oil industry, and was named chair of the commission and ethics supervisor.

Of course, her supporters rarely, if ever, state that they support her because of her qualifications or lack thereof. They cite her personality and ideology. So, is her Personality Cult well-founded?

Mayor.

Her fiscal conservatism was on fine display when she started her sports complex construction project.

Palin proposed and promoted the construction of a municipal sports center to be financed by a 0.5%[58] sales tax increase and $14.7 million bond issue. . . However, the city spent an additional $1.3 million because of an eminent domain lawsuit caused by the failure to obtain clear title to the property before beginning construction. The city's long-term debt grew from about $1 million to $25 million due to $15 million for the sports complex, $5.5 million for street projects, and $3 million for water improvement projects. The Wall Street Journal characterized the project as a "financial mess".

But of course the Wall Street Journal criticized her. It's part of the lamestream media and the vast left-wing conspiracy! A part of the left-wing conspiracy owned by Rupert Murdoch... hmmmm!

What about her family values? After all, she refused to run for election to the Senate in 2004 because

Palin said, "How could I be the team mom if I was a U.S. Senator?"

Not that giving birth during the Presidential election stopped her from running! Whoooops!

At least she gets some good use out of her Communication/journalism degree (read: media manipulation degree). SHE'S JUST ONE OF US ORDINARY FOLKS, SHE DON'T NEED NO ELITIST YOONIVERSITEE DEGREE

But hey! We can trust her, right? After all, she never misrepresented herself! She never lied to us! Everything that she has said and done has had America in mind. This isn't a shallow media ploy or a cynical political trick on her part!
edit on 12-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am sorry to point this out but she is no longer a Governor, she quit.
We will never agree. Her fan base is true and loyal - and they completely befuddle me.
Can you accept that I do not appreciate her timing? Or will you become agressive and personally turn on me?
And if you do - understand that I have worn a uniform in defense of your freedom of speech and I do not hate you for seeing things differently than I. Can you manage that?

You must be able to admit, that she could have at least waited to have her say until after a young girl was buried.
Could she have waited till say Friday - and maybe vetted her speech a bit? Now she has created quite a big hole for herself. But I am sure you will be ever ready to defend her as she "reloads".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

You bring an interesting angle to the discussion I had not considered.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Indeed.

IMO, right after the shooting, when political references to crosshairs, 2cd Amendment remedies, and other gun-related campaigning looked to be the motive, Lady MacPalin sensed possible investigations/lawsuits coming her way. Take down the crosshairs!!

As the killer's life is looked into further, Lady MacPalin is becoming more assured that she is not directly involved and feels confident enough to lash out madly. Blood libel! (a term which I had never heard until her speech...who says such things?) Poor Sarah, as she continues to fight off detractors, "Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!"

I think Russia is building their new road to the Far East, just so they can see Sarah Palin. Quite entertaining.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am sorry to point this out but she is no longer a Governor, she quit.
We will never agree. Her fan base is true and loyal - and they completely befuddle me.
Can you accept that I do not appreciate her timing? Or will you become agressive and personally turn on me?
And if you do - understand that I have worn a uniform in defense of your freedom of speech and I do not hate you for seeing things differently than I. Can you manage that?

You must be able to admit, that she could have at least waited to have her say until after a young girl was buried.
Could she have waited till say Friday - and maybe vetted her speech a bit? Now she has created quite a big hole for herself. But I am sure you will be ever ready to defend her as she "reloads".

Everyone is whining because Gov. Sarah Palin successfully preempted President Obama with an
outstanding speech. President Obamas photo op last night paled in comparison to Gov. Sarah
Palins well thought out speech. His performance was all show biz and no substance.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I believe she was well very aware of what blood libel means and what would happen if she used it. And aside from the obvious, I also see much deeper and darker implications in this than most...trouble is I can't articulate it without sounding pretty insane. There's most likely way more to this whole thing that we'll ever know for certain.

As for speech limits? Having no speech limits doesn't mean you're exempt from consequences. You can't throw yourself out in full public view and constantly and consistently overuse warlike and violent terminology/smack about fellow Americans without people noticing and/or not liking it and then be acting all surprised and defensive and victim-like about it later.

edit on 1/13/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Palin gives an interview about this topic on Hannity video.foxnews.com...

1. Well, she does say that her website used crosshairs, as opposed to a surveyors symbol.
2. She says someone, not on her order, took down the image immediately following the shooting. But that's all on that.
3. Pity party, everyone hates me
4. Says that "we" should be civil and respectful, at the same time saying she doesn't want to be stifled
5. claims to use respectful dissent.
6. Did she didn't she know what blood libel meant? She doesn't say, just that it's a distraction and a double standard.
7. maybe I will maybe I won't run for POTUS, I'm not telling

That's pretty much the whole interview, it's about 6 minutes, enjoy
edit on 18-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by mistressSOPHIA

I can see Team Palin's anti-semitism showing!

I am curious about the synagogue connection, do you have a link?

Saying 'Blood Libel' doesn't make you any more anti-semitic than someone commenting on the ancient connection of the sanskrit symbol hijacked by AH and his gang.
Get a grip folks it's Palin just doing her thing, I couldn't find fault with her wordings. She told it like it was imo.

The UK saw a similar example of a 'blood debt' when the Conservative Government banned handguns from it's citizens due to the bloodshed incurred by a rogue freemason...
edit on 18-1-2011 by WatchRider because: amendment!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Palin gives an interview about this topic on Hannity video.foxnews.com...

1. Well, she does say that her website used crosshairs, as opposed to a surveyors symbol.
2. She says someone, not on her order, took down the image immediately following the shooting. But that's all on that.
3. Pity party, everyone hates me
4. Says that "we" should be civil and respectful, at the same time saying she doesn't want to be stifled
5. claims to use respectful dissent.
6. Did she didn't she know what blood libel meant? She doesn't say, just that it's a distraction and a double standard.
7. maybe I will maybe I won't run for POTUS, I'm not telling

That's pretty much the whole interview, it's about 6 minutes, enjoy
edit on 18-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

The democrats also use crosshairs on their websites.
Tell the whole story not just a half truth.
Oh, well lets just blame Sarah Palin and ignore the DNC sites.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The democrats also use crosshairs on their websites.
Tell the whole story not just a half truth.
Oh, well lets just blame Sarah Palin and ignore the DNC sites.

ahem, perhaps you should further into things before posting.
earlier in the week, her camp said that it was a surveyors symbol v. the cross hair symbol, she clarified and that's what I wrote. I didn't blame her for anything. So before you go acting like Palin's head cheerleader make sure its warranted. I posted a synopsis of what she said, in case, some don't want to watch the six minutes to hear what she says. I suspect someone didn't watch it before posting.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I watched the whole interview live last night.
She is stronger than ever.
We need to get back to business and repeal ObamaCare.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join