It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Sarah Palin Quotes President Ronald Reagan !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

To be fair, I don't think Sarah Palin wanted to be the center of attention in this tragedy. But her actions and violent words over the past few years caused eyes to be turned in her direction. I would guess that she wanted to hide under a rock for the first little while, but has come out now to face and deflect the accusations against her.

My Post Here explains why I think people went after her and the Tea Party.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

She's spot on. The event was reprehensible. The aftermath of politicians, and pundits, using it to score political capital is, perhaps, even more so.

And what exactly is Sarah Palin doing with this speech of hers?

If she isn't trying to score political capital...then what exactly is she doing?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Originally posted by infinite
Grotesquely, she has managed to turn this whole tragic events into another "it's all about me!" scenario.

It's funny you arrive at that conclusion, since it was the throngs of anti-Palin folks who rushed to blame her within hours for the shootings. For them, it all *was* about Palin.

Now you blame her for attempting to defend herself?

Originally posted by infinite
...not start throwing around ant-semitic terms, without understanding the historic hatred and odious propaganda behind it.

I'm a pretty well read and articulate guy, but even I had not heard the phrase before. (As a result of your point, I went and looked it up.)

Still doesn't change my position though. I understood what she was trying to say, and once again, I will not support a standard where the offense of another is the sole measuring stick by which I must assess my own speech. It's ridiculous nonsense, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by seagull

She's spot on. The event was reprehensible. The aftermath of politicians, and pundits, using it to score political capital is, perhaps, even more so.

If she isn't trying to score political capital...then what exactly is she doing?

Gov. Sarah Palin is putting Paul Krugman and his minions on the defensive with the truth.
The truth shall set us free.
--- See?......I told you it would backfire on the liberals by using this tragedy to go after political opponents. ---

edit on 12-1-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
1. Blood libel. The media and associated pundits used the death of a small child for their own personal goals.
For Gov. Pain to call them out not only is right, but takes gut too.
2. This is NOT about her. But while the spilt blood was still warm, al these jackels MADE it about her. This is not only an articulate rebuttal but much needed as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Did I say she wasn't? Of course she is. What she said/wrote is still correct though...

Though, in her defense, she is the one who is bearing, wrongly in my humble opinion, the brunt of those pundits/politicians who are using this horrific episode to attack her. Can't really blame her for reacting as best she can.

This is one of those times where a person is both right and wrong. She's right to defend herself, but wrong in doing so.

Confusing, isn't it? Welcome to the world of twenty-first century politics.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

How about defending herself AND scoring political capital?

And why not? The anti-Palin crown tried to accuse her and tried to reduce her political capital.

Why is this a problem for you?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It's not a problem for me...it's a problem for those who bash politicians for using this event to use to their advantage...and then praise Palin for using this event to her advantage.

I have no problems with politicians using any event...it's what they do...it's what we expect them to do...in fact, if they don't do it...they would be punished by the voters for it. Staying silent on an event as big as this is a political negative.

And I usually don't have to defend myself...if I am innocent and my actions clearly show me as being innocent. For some reason, Palin seems to think she needs to clarify her actions and their intent...which to me means she feels like if she doesn't she will be seen as guilty. Maybe she just shouldn't say stupid things in the first place???
edit on 12-1-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you

I think this is exactly what America needs to hear right now. Especialy in light of the events that could unfold should this whole thing be taken out of proportion.

It is a very well written speach, perfectly composed to give its patriotic readers the warm and fuzzies near the end, like all good Hollywood movies should be...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join