Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It is unlikely whole towns in different locations would be out by multiple days and the whole universe changing aspect is a little presumptuous. No constellations changing position seems to indicate the problem is more local to an area or the planet in general. What we should be looking at if it is not observational error, is what is the smallest item that could create a Sun-related change. Global warming, nahh, that myth is getting old in the face of the weather changes.

Since the Sun is such a large body, it could be effected by gravity changes in the surrounding area of space. Could pulling the Sun "North" in relation to the solar plane bring on an early sun-sign, sure it could, but the mass to move is incredible and the planets would be displaced as well.

Since there is a lot of tectonic activity, volcanoes and solar activity that could be heating the core of Earth and possibly causing the mantle to become more viscous, maybe it's southerly shift in the Northern hemisphere. If the Earth follows the expanding planet theory, then areas towards the equator would need some "filling in." Southerly movements of whole plates could fulfill that type of requirement.

I've noticed changes in the amount of light during the day and what appears to be changes in what is expected at standard calendar types. Who knows really until the changes, if they are actually occurring become more noticeable, of course by that time if it happens, we may not like what we get and there may be no turning back. Only time will tell I suppose.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I think there is a problem with the translation.

The sun can't rise 2 days earlier, since it's already been rising every morning anyway.

Here's a link to sunrise/sunset times for Greenland, as you can see the sun has been rising at about 10 am all month:

Link

Perhaps it was meant to be 2 minutes earlier, which would make sense due to the mild weather Greenland had last year and has melted the ice, lowering the horizon.

www.icenews.is...

They are in darkness for most of the winter and the return of the sun has come two days early, That's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Chadwick deleted his comment but it's on this one though.

You mean 2 days was confused with 2 minutes? And............it made news?

I don't know. Seems the 'news' is getting very sloppy in their investigational professionalism and quite desperate to write about a 'very common' oddities like the adjustment of the run-way due to the magnetic pole moving here at Tampa Airport.
If these are mistakes and/or 'no big deal' then.................what the *&#^?
Why write about it?

Something is either happening (that modern science can't get a handle on) or the PTB have an agenda of pumping out more fear to their minion between now and 2012.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
I noticed a few months ago, that in the UK the moon seams to be traveling across the sky faster? It appears earlier in the day and as gone out of site by around 9pm where I live.

This wasnt the case about a year ago as I was laid in bed with my gf one night and we were looking at the full moon out of our window and that was around midnight ish. There is no way the moon will be visible at midnight now with the speed in which it seams to move across the sky.

Maybe this is natural? And iv never noticed before, but I did find it strange.

It's interesting because I read somewhere that even if a severe magnetic shift (flip) happens, it will affect the Moon too bringing it in a bit closer to Earth.
Seems far fetched but you know what? So does the official-news these day too!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I hear ya but how can it be local to just a certain area on the planet? The entire Earth acts a whole when it comes Sunrise/set.
This isn't like viewing an eclipse where certain portions of Earth are privy and others, aren't.

Speaking of which, not sure if this has anything what so ever to do with anything but, all these strange magnetic-like events (animal die-offs included) seem to have occurred right after this last lunar eclipse which hadn't occurred in over 400 years. So maybe that too threw things out of alignment or out of whack.
Interesting times.

I'm sure someone on here will set things straight
whereas the best scientist can't (or better yet, haven't)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by tarifa37

Seems you're correct, I got the wrong city.

www.timeanddate.com...

The sun is 2 days early.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm not a religious person, spiritual yes, but not religious by any means... but when I read this, all I could think of was the days in Catholic school and this:

Mark 13:20

"And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days"

I think it's beyond coincidence that for the first time in recorded history, the days are being recorded technically in this case, as being shorter. Not in the literal sense of a 24 hour day, but "days", meaning weeks, months or years.

Interesting times, and great find.
S&F!

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by OneisOne

Apparently the melting ice sheet lowers the horizon, hence the light is visible earlier then expected.

Not questioning you but...... two days? How high/low does one have to be on terra firma (or in this case terra-freeze) to notice a change in the Sun's position?

What about sailors? Their position are constantly changing with the tides. Does that mean their days/nights are off too?

This is actually kind of a fun trigonometry/calculus problem. The earth is tilted 23.5 degrees with respect to its rotational axis. The result is that the sun effectively transits 47 degrees in the six months between the summer and winter solstices. That's 47 degrees in 182.62 days, or 0.257 degrees per day. Ilullisat is at 69°14′36″N latitude but it's acting as if it were at 69 degrees 00' latitude. At that latitude 1 degree is about 69 statute miles long, so two days worth is about 35 miles. To have that distance be the horizon works out to need an altitude change of 570'. The town is up a fjord on the west coast of Greenland and the sun would rise over the icecap to the east.The icecap is a mile and a quarter thick with an average altitude of about 6000 feet.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Might it be possible that this was caused by a greater than average deformation of the Earth's crust by body tide? It seems that if the sphere of the Earth were more or less compressed than normal, it would effect the sunrises worldwide.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

So what you are saying is that there would have had to have been an extremely noticeable change in either the elevation or the ground level for the changes they are seeing?

Perhaps I misunderstood, but your data seems to be pretty accurate and it sounds as if you're saying that only a change in ground level or elevation could have caused this.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Unless something or some force has accelerated the tilt of the Earth's axis of rotation.

If that has happened then that would be both amazing and possibly alarming.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by OneisOne

Apparently the melting ice sheet lowers the horizon, hence the light is visible earlier then expected.

Not questioning you but...... two days? How high/low does one have to be on terra firma (or in this case terra-freeze) to notice a change in the Sun's position?

What about sailors? Their position are constantly changing with the tides. Does that mean their days/nights are off too?

This is actually kind of a fun trigonometry/calculus problem. The earth is tilted 23.5 degrees with respect to its rotational axis. The result is that the sun effectively transits 47 degrees in the six months between the summer and winter solstices. That's 47 degrees in 182.62 days, or 0.257 degrees per day. Ilullisat is at 69°14′36″N latitude but it's acting as if it were at 69 degrees 00' latitude. At that latitude 1 degree is about 69 statute miles long, so two days worth is about 35 miles. To have that distance be the horizon works out to need an altitude change of 570'. The town is up a fjord on the west coast of Greenland and the sun would rise over the icecap to the east.The icecap is a mile and a quarter thick with an average altitude of about 6000 feet.

That would mean an enormous amount of ice would have to have melted for that kind of elevation change, and there is no way that would happen without anyone taking notice.

Come on people, this is a big deal.... the people in this region know when the polar nights end, and they plan celebrations around it. This is not something that has ever happened in recorded history in that region. There aren't a lot of things that could cause this, so what do others think?

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
Might it be possible that this was caused by a greater than average deformation of the Earth's crust by body tide? It seems that if the sphere of the Earth were more or less compressed than normal, it would effect the sunrises worldwide.

But see here's my dilemma with science. If they don't know the difference (and I'm not saying they should because after all, this is not the norm) then, respectfully I ask: why are we putting so much stock in them?
I mean, if science doesn't know (and they really don't) why is it any of our theories are thrown out the window? Anyone's opinion on this thread is as good as any guessing from the science community.

I think--- they think--- they might know what's going on and at the risk of causing panic (because after all.....we have become totally DEPENDENT on someone else {be it, religion, academia, government} telling us everything we 'need' to know) if they just came out and said "things are a tad bit unpredictable and erratic at the moment due to a possible pole shift ladies and gentlemen".

By the way, does anyone know why there was a rainbow next to (northern side of) the Sun today around 5PM? The skies were fairly crisp, clear (except for a few upper atmospheric planes that were spraying.....I mean, leaving heavy contrails).

I've never ever seen that before. And I was always told a rainbow forms opposite the Sun. Always. This rainbow was right next to the Sun. Now what was that all about I wonder?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, that was my uneducated guess, actually. I have not seen that as a speculation from any scientific sources.

I do see the fallacy in the theory, though. In order for the fluctuation of the crust to have changed that severely there would have to be a cause. The only causes I could fathom would be a change in density of the sun or moon, thereby creating more or less gravity to affect tide, or a change in the composition of Earth making the same amount of gravitational pull effect it more or less severely. Since none of those scenarios seem even remotely likely, I guess I have refuted my own idea!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by auxxon

No you are way behind the times. Not climate change any longer

See this

Interesting this topic. We have been saying the sun is not going round as far in the summer and setting further south in the winter. It is as if we have moved a few degrees Northwards. It is probably only feeling, and we cannot find photos to prove it, but I have marked the position on 21st Dec this year so we will see.

reply to post by ignorant_ape

If you look around you will find several references to this movement on ATS let alone elsewhere.
edit on 12/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Oh right, that explains it so the change we are seeing is because of the ice, only problem is that we don't have an ice sheet!

BS I say to the stupid scientists. You cannot blame everything on climate change.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
Well, that was my uneducated guess, actually. I have not seen that as a speculation from any scientific sources.

Our educational system is mired with flaws it's almost illegal!
Hell, Einstein's theory of Relatively is almost proven wrong with String Theory so....I'm afraid even the best of the best won't suffice if this is something unprecedented.

The problem with human is their ego. HuMan just HAS to know. And if they don't know...they confuse instead.

I think the answers are in the past. I do believe the Ancients hold the riddle to all of this. Even a possible Pole Shift.
Too bad they're deem mythical legends and the vast majority believes that! Because their knowledge could be very beneficial and valuable right about now.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Just a thought, but do you think it could be related to the recent pole shift? If the north pole has moved to russia, isnt it comparable with the earth tilting slightly on its axis (with pole shift) to face the sun somewhat slight?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by PuterMan

I really agree with you puter man! I feel there is something more going on then ice melt. But what that is I don't know. I love science. Sometimes I really dislike scientists, some are very closed minded.

I want to know more about this but I'm having problems finding sources.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I'm also finding it difficult to find sources other than the OP...

All other resources point to David Icke's site and GLP. Not what I would consider credible.

Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps an ATS member up in that region or another story on it?

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This may help explan it or has the earth orbit went below/above the suns ecliptic plane by a small degree?
edit on 12-1-2011 by Shdak because: Lost Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join