Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Awakening of the most powerfull Volcanoes around the world!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well if Yellowstone does go it will be quite a surprise,.
As it is currently showing no signs of concern,.
we are told this is not unusual,... the erupting of a new/old volcano
nearly every other week,.
Yeah,. and Birds, fish, crabs, seagulls, bees, and now crickets are dying in mass amounts.
nothing to see here people, keep moving along

Really? What about these articles?

pubs.usgs.gov...
elizabethprata.blogspot.com...
volcanoes.usgs.gov...

Not to say that a mega-eruption is imminent, but there is definitely activity there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Thanks. I figured as much.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Yes, the cme's do happen quite frequently. This is one of the bigger ones I have seen. I read on one of my favorite sites that the cme's can change direction. I appologize for not having the link with this article stating the direction can change. I am at home now and the link is at work. I can provide it tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by apex

Nice job. It's good to see some rational from geology as to be concerned with volcanoes coming into this thread. Normally I troll through the forums logged out, but when I saw this I had to bite. All of this activity is normal in geologic terms. The only difference is that people are becoming more awake to their surroundings, mainly because of the internet and the high flow of information. The world is a scary place at times, but with a good education into these areas I think a lot of the doom and gloom will go away when people understand that these things do occur (volcanoes) on a regular basis. These few volcanoes becoming active at the same time in different parts of the world? Sure. As far as this thread is concerned, I believe that nothing extraordinarily outside of the norm is taking place. Always be prepared though. Just because it's normal doesn't mean something unpredictable will not happen. It's just that is it very likely that nothing devastating on a world wide scale will take place. So until a board of Geologists get together to talk about the occurrences of multiple hotspots appearing, along with new volcanoes occurring outside the Ring of Fire or away from faults on a major scale, I wouldn't be too worried. Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Erupting is what volcanoes do, it is natural.
Just because you have found 3 that are doing so does not mean the end of the world!
New Zealand has probably the biggest volcano of all - Lake Taupo in the central North Island is its crater lake.
I will be worried if that blows, not for long though as life as we know it here will cease to exist very quickly.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Found the link about cme's changing direction. I am not stating this is going to happen or that it can cause volcanic activity but it is something to keep in mind. I will be watching the quakes, volcanoes, etc. to see if there are changes after this cme. It is a quite huge cme.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense

science.nasa.gov...

Should be here by friday. Here is a link to real time magnetic feild anomolies if you want to investigate relation to seismic activity.
www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610
Here's some Moderation for you.

ETNA is now spewing magma.

Mount Etna is one of the most active volcanoes in the world and is in an almost constant state of activity.
en.wikipedia.org...

And? Etna is often spewing magma. I don't recommend standing directly underneath it, but it's not a sign of the apocalypse. Look, I have as much fun as the next ATS'er speculating in the Yellowstone thread about great big extinction level volcanic events, but the fact that several of the world's most active (and mostly moderately sized) volcanoes are doing what the world's most active volcanoes like to do does not justify the title: "The Awakening of the most powerful Volcanoes around the world!"

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Thank you for the link. I will keep an eye on earth's activities as I always do daily. It is interesting to see if there is correlation.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Here's another good link that I posted on another thread...hisz.rsoe.hu..., it covers volcanoes, earthquakes, and other stuff; i think it fits this thread better

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There sure is alot going on and very little being said.
Thanks for the posting and the information.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have to say it looks to me like.... The Beginning.....of.... THE END!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

lol...what? all sunshine and rose pedals? any room in there for some some doom perhaps?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beginningoftheend

of the beginning!!!!!!

sorry...no more commenting on the non comments...scouts honor

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The idea that human beings affect the volcanoes of Earth is an utter joke. The volcanoes have erupted before us and if we are destroyed they will erupt after us. There is absolutely nothing we can possibly do about this issue and therefore i consider it to be of minimal importance.

Lets concentrate on the issues we can solve, world hunger, poverty, asteroid impacts, deadly viruses and other such things.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This evening I have the History Channel on while I write. It is a long special about every SHTF scenario that will go down when high number magnitude quakes start rockin and rollin. I myself reside on the (U.S.) NewMadrid fault line. Recently, an only 2 or 3 magnitude quake occurred about a state-&-1/2 away. It was near 8am. I was standing at my kitchen counter, looking at a stack of catfood cans I had placed there, because they were wobbling like a high stack of jellow. I didn't have my coffee yet, and my brain was trying to process this. I live in a high rise apt building. On the top floor. I wonder, compared to that experience, what a 6-to-9 richter would do.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Two "Interesting Shining Spheres" captured by the scientific webcam near Merapi Volcano...right now!

It has long been recognised that odd lights appear along fault lines and volcanic regions, these lights are not completely understood and are very interesting. Some speculate it is something to do with magnetic fields, which would make sense with all the grinding and molten rock going around such areas.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beginningoftheend

Cant be "the end",because the earth runs on cycles.
So its just a ongoing continuation.

The earth dosent stop because humans happen to now populate it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by Arken
Two "Interesting Shining Spheres" captured by the scientific webcam near Merapi Volcano...right now!

It has long been recognised that odd lights appear along fault lines and volcanic regions, these lights are not completely understood and are very interesting. Some speculate it is something to do with magnetic fields, which would make sense with all the grinding and molten rock going around such areas.

Very interesting you brought this up. In 2008, my state endured a 5.4 quake. It was shortly after 4am. Before I went to sleep, I was looking out my _ It was cloudy/overcast that night. I suddenly observed this white ball of light descend from the haze, but quickly go back up into it. I had never seen anything like that before. Back in the late 1970's, I experienced anomalous Ufo sightings, but they were always on starry clear mild nights. I believe that what I observed was a quake light.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I was watching taupo a few months ago on RSOE and it appeared to be having earthquakes every 15 days at creepily regular intervals. RSOE doesn't want to show search results for it now so !?! who knows.

Hope taupo don't go up... it covered our entire coutry with meters of ash and surrounding nations with less! You can see it driving around when you look at the road cuttings, and it's not just one time period either :x For the curious, it's that space visible lake in the middle of the north island...

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join