It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awakening of the most powerfull Volcanoes around the world!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
We need to keep an eye on yellowstone. If that decides to erupt then things could get hairy

Hairy? That sure is a nice way of puttin it
I was thinking more along the lines of...extinction level event perhaps?
Yea if 'ole Yellowstone blows...well it has been nice posting with ya'll...be seein ya on the other side

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They said that 2010 was second hottes year for ld earth. Temp extreams are the normal now. I have always posted here and elsware that if you heat up the outside of the earth that the inside would heat up also, heat outhere is insulation really to the inside of the earth. Now we already know the earth has warmed up a couple of degrees on the outside, so if the inside also heated up, how much expansion would go on inside??? Plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Im not really sure how you are being shut up here on ATS but as for Krakatau shes been averaging 10 eruptions per day for the past 2 years. Even an amazing 136 eruptions on October 28th 2010. Obviously shes been awake for quite some time and thats a good think. Just like earthquakes, when you keep having all small ones its just releasing pressure. Once the small earthquakes and eruptions stop thats when the BOOM goes the dynamite happens!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Lol id say, on top of watching Island Park and La Garita Caldera in Idaho and Colorado which a long with Yellowstone are all VEI (Volcanic Exposivity Index) 8 and Long Valley and Valles Caldera in California and New Mexico which are VEI 7's. The entire western US is nothing but a giant super-caldera like no other!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

We need to keep an eye on yellowstone. If that decides to erupt then things could get hairy

If Yellowstone decides to erupt, we'd be gone.
Its like, the grandaddy volcano of volcanoes.
It would definitely be the "boom" heard 'round the world.

There is a giant blob of red hot magma 8,000 metres below Yellowstone, it has been building up since the last eruption and is fed from below. It is now 50 Km long, 30 Km wide and 10 Km deep and is full of dissolved gasses at enormous pressure.

The gases are the cause of the explosion that occurs once the eruption is underway - the magma pools below the surface under great pressure. When the steady build up of pressure finally forces a way through to the surface the effect is similar to removing the cork from champagne - the gases suddenly leave the liquid they were dissolved in and blow the liquid out of its container.
Once an eruption starts it will accelerate until the whole pool of magma explodes, throwing at least 1000 cubic kilometers of hot material high into the atmosphere.

This is likely to happen soon, the area north of the lake has bulged upwards by almost a metre in 50 years. One side of the lake is creeping into the forest as the land rises. This type of rapid change cannot continue for long without something giving way, every year there are hundreds of small earthquakes.

The last time one of these things exploded is believed to have been 74,000 years ago at Toba in Sumatra, there is a large lake filling the caldera at present. The TV program also revealed that other researchers, studying human genetics had found evidence that humans came close to extinction between 70,000 and 80,000 years ago; the global population suddenly fell to around 5,000 people. This is now thought to be due to the effect on the world's weather of the dust from the Toba eruption.

The predicted effects of a Yellowstone eruption are the immediate devastation of North America followed by several years of freezing weather for the whole world.

exodus2006.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by stupid girl because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Technically they never stopped being awake. They've always been going on and off.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

There have actually been 7 calderas that popped which the past 74,000 years the most recent was when Mount Tambora blew in 1815 which here in the states was known as the year with no summer. Pennsylvania had snow in July because the massive amounts of ejection that blocked out the sun.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I'm sure fireworks caused this awakening.

New Experts told me it was indigestion actually...

line deux

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
IMO this could be related to the magnetic field. I make this assumption on the basis that the field is created by magma flow, under the crust. If it is speeding/heating up or slowing/cooling down then, IMO again, it seems that these two acts/effects are connected.

www.education.com...

Volcanologists (scientists who study volcanoes) have observed that when magnetic rocks are heated above 1,110° Fahrenheit (600° C), they lose their magnetism. Periodic checks with a magnetometer detect changes in the magnetic strength of the rocks in the volcano. A decrease in the magnetic strength indicates that the temperature inside is increasing. This could mean that the magma is moving and an eruption may take place soon.

I think this should be taken into consideration.
edit on 12-1-2011 by blangger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I recall reading on another thread someone surmised the CERN-Large Hadron Collider may have caused the birds falling dead from the sky and the fish turning up dead all over the planet...maybe it's causing the volcanos to reawaken...Here's a link to their website...

public.web.cern.ch...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610
Here's some Moderation for you.

ETNA is now spewing magma.

Aoi3610, Etna spewing gets my attention quickly. Edgar Cayce (died 3 Jan 1945) said that Etna was one of the volcanos to watch. When Etna & Mt Pelee in Martinique (Caribbean) erupt SIMULTANEOUSLY, three months later a SERIES of earthquakes will start on the West Coast of the US.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well if Yellowstone does go it will be quite a surprise,.
As it is currently showing no signs of concern,.
we are told this is not unusual,... the erupting of a new/old volcano
nearly every other week,.
Yeah,. and Birds, fish, crabs, seagulls, bees, and now crickets are dying in mass amounts.
nothing to see here people, keep moving along

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

Originally posted by aoi3610
Here's some Moderation for you.

ETNA is now spewing magma.

Aoi3610, Etna spewing gets my attention quickly. Edgar Cayce (died 3 Jan 1945) said that Etna was one of the volcanos to watch. When Etna & Mt Pelee in Martinique (Caribbean) erupt SIMULTANEOUSLY, three months later a SERIES of earthquakes will start on the West Coast of the US.

SeaWind
so now we just need to wait for Pelee,.

I like Edgar he was a GOOD predictor.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
At the beginning of 2011, The most powerfull volcanoes around the world are awakening! One of them is the Anak Krakatoa in Indonesia, but there are also the Merapi, and many awesome giants aroun the world! Something huge and unknown is happening right now on our planet....

Wake up people. Volcanic activity is not increasing. The Internet and global communications are just causing eruptions to be more widely reported. Same with the bird kills etc. More awareness is what's really happening...
Is volcanic activity on the rise?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Hope it's not related to CME's. We just had a massive one! Doesn't look earth directed but who knows for sure what these are doing to earth!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12a87324b500.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3733def20d5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e02a5fe949d5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2502b0ea3b2c.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe we should keep a closer eye on earthquakes, volcanoes, storms after this massive cme!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Another factor for the volcanic activity and earthquakes could be melting ice at the poles. the reduction in weight could get the tectonic plates moving to re-adjust earth.

When ice sheets melt, and reduce the load on the surface of the Earth, the land areas beneath them bounce back up. New, accurate observations are needed to investigate this uplift and its implications effectively. This article provides a topical starting point for investigating some applications of physics applied to the polar regions of the Earth, and interaction between the solid Earth, ice and oceans.

Bouncing continents: insights into the physics of the polar regions of the Earth

I think there are multiple factors hammering the planet.

Dumb humans, not recognising basic animal behaviour within, and crapping in their own nest doesn't help matters

I find this very interesting. I wondered something similar myself. I do NOT support the Cap & Trade scam, but I believe global climate change has been/ and is real. Cayce warned of it specifically -- that climates would change the world over. He also predicted an eleven (11) degree pole shift that seems to be manifesting now. Cayce mentioned various coastal areas flooding and I wondered if that might be the result of melting polar caps, which in turn would destabilize the planet on it's axis -- hence a pole shift.

Since it's not really known what is causing all this, the causes are highly speculative. What is certain to me, is that something MAJOR is changing in and on the Earth.

I suspect the Global Elite have KNOWN for decades that something catastrophic is about to happen. That's why they have been stealing TRILLIONS of dollars from the US treasury to build their bunkers, hoard resources, finance "black" projects for their benefit, etc. Meanwhile they have lied to and kept the public ignorant of what's really been happening and WHY.

SeaWind
edit on 12-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

If Yellowstone decides to erupt, we'd be gone.
Its like, the grandaddy volcano of volcanoes.
It would definitely be the "boom" heard 'round the world.

There is a giant blob of red hot magma 8,000 metres below Yellowstone, it has been building up since the last eruption and is fed from below. It is now 50 Km long, 30 Km wide and 10 Km deep and is full of dissolved gasses at enormous pressure.

The gases are the cause of the explosion that occurs once the eruption is underway - the magma pools below the surface under great pressure. When the steady build up of pressure finally forces a way through to the surface the effect is similar to removing the cork from champagne - the gases suddenly leave the liquid they were dissolved in and blow the liquid out of its container.
Once an eruption starts it will accelerate until the whole pool of magma explodes, throwing at least 1000 cubic kilometers of hot material high into the atmosphere.

This is likely to happen soon, the area north of the lake has bulged upwards by almost a metre in 50 years. One side of the lake is creeping into the forest as the land rises. This type of rapid change cannot continue for long without something giving way, every year there are hundreds of small earthquakes.

The last time one of these things exploded is believed to have been 74,000 years ago at Toba in Sumatra, there is a large lake filling the caldera at present. The TV program also revealed that other researchers, studying human genetics had found evidence that humans came close to extinction between 70,000 and 80,000 years ago; the global population suddenly fell to around 5,000 people. This is now thought to be due to the effect on the world's weather of the dust from the Toba eruption.

The predicted effects of a Yellowstone eruption are the immediate devastation of North America followed by several years of freezing weather for the whole world.

exodus2006.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by stupid girl because: spelling

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE Saturday, January 1, 2011 8:32 AM MST (Saturday, January 1, 2011 15:32 UTC) YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW #1205-01-) 44°25'48" N 110°40'12" W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m) Current Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL Current Aviation Color Code: GREEN During the month of December 2010, 80 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone National Park region. The largest was a magnitude 2.3 event on December 27 at 11:36 PM MST, located about 22 miles east southeast of West Thumb, YNP. This earthquake was part of a small earthquake swarm that occurred December 27 - 28. The swarm consisted of 12 events with magnitudes 2.3 to 0.4. Earthquake activity continues at background levels.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

I was happy to see that the alert level was "green"

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

How would it affect the earth if it is pointed away from us? Doesn't that happen all the time?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Unless it's yellowstone, I ain't worried.
2nd

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

sorry to interrupt, but yes
it does happen all the time
We rarely feel the effects of a CME

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join