It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens Of Dead Birds Found Near Sullivan, Missouri 1/11/11.(Video).....SW of St Louis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
First of all I would like to ask the powers to be to open up a forum for these type of events.

I live about 3 hours from here. The Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries is saying its due to the cold weather. Its 1 degree here this morning and yes it’s cold. This event happened before the “extreme” weather moved in yesterday.

I have seen birds die do to extreme weather. They would drop dead from where they were roosting. These birds from the video appear to have been flying next to I-44 and dropped dead on a service road in one large group. If it was the weather you would see other deaths in our area.......

See local story below

www.fox2now.com...

edit on 12-1-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. I also live in Missouri. I wish we knew what was causing this, although maybe we are better off not knowing, we might be next.

Birds with dark feathers appear to be the ones dying, for the most part, at least here, in KY and LA. Puzzling for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Certainly is strange , although I am sure there is a logical answer maybe a truck hit them who knows.

edit on 12-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

One sensible comment left below the above ytube video.

"Mass bird deaths aren't uncommon. The U.S. Geological Service's website listed about 90 mass deaths of birds and other wildlife from June through Dec. 12. There were five deaths of at least 1,000 birds, with the largest near Houston, Minn., where parasite infestations killed about 4,000 water birds between Sept. 6 and Nov. 26."

edit on 12-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
After digging for more information it appears there was a small group of birds that were found dead about 80 miles NW of the Sullivan event site on 1/10/11........One day earlier before the cold weather moved across Missouri.

According to Connect MidMissouri, "A KRCG viewer Jennifer Timbers called when she found about 30 dead Starlings in the middle of Rockridge Rd. near Frog Hollow in Cole County. In Missouri, at the time of the bird deaths, there was not any fire works, no colder than normal weather, or any explanation for 30 birds to fall dead. However, biologists are still saying that it is a natural occurrence in wildlife.

www.examiner.com...

I have stated before on other bird threads that "these" events are the ones only being found which always seem to be next to roadways. There could be many more in the rural farmland going completely unnoticed

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is not entirely natural. Someone posted old news stories about this happening in the past, but I wonder if it happens with this frequency like is happening now. I'm going to take a wild guess and say the occultists want people to believe the world is dying so they are killing off wildlife.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Some very interesting things going on.

And then there's thing cricket virus!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've seen this reported in the past. Last year and years before I've read of the fish die offs in NJ (i think) and even Brazil but this seems to be different with how numerously it is happening and now with both fish and birds.
Why do the birds all die at the exact same time? If they where freezing you would think one would die then a minute later another. Not all at the same time. Weird. Everyday you can count on two things. Taxes and the news about dead fish or birds.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is the second group of dead birds in Missouri.

More than a dozen dead ATS Thread

Jefferson County (KSDK) -- A NewsChannel 5 viewer called in late Saturday afternoon about more than a dozen dead birds, scattered on an overpass in Jefferson County, along Old Highway 21 and just south of Rock Creek Road. So, after getting out there ourselves to see the starlings, we called the executive director of the World Bird Santuary, Walter Crawford, and he explained what he thought the cause of this actually common fall-out could be. "You have an overpass there," he said. "A lot of

More than a dozen dead birds....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Interesting watch

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I missed this case

2 January 2011 Last updated at 10:15

Alcohol poisoning, not avian flu, killed Romanian birds
www.bbc.co.uk...

Birds that were thought to have died from avian flu in Romania instead apparently drank themselves to death.

Residents of Constanta in eastern Romania found dozens of dead starlings on the outskirts of the city on Saturday.

They alerted authorities, fearing the birds had died from avian flu.

But local veterinary officials decided the starlings had died after eating grape 'marc' - the leftovers from the wine-making process.

The head of the local sanitary and veterinary authority, Dvsva, told news agency Agerpres that analysis of the starlings' gizzards showed they had died from alcohol poisoning.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I saw this "expert" explanation of how the coots were killed in East Texas. I have mentioned on other bird threads that I have hunted / trapped for a good part of my life. I once had a duck blind on this lake where these coots were killed by vehicles per the “expert”. In-fact you could see this bridge from my duck blind. I have driven across this bridge hundreds of times.

Sure, it is possible a vehicle could hit one coot but not hundreds over several days.

Game wardens for that area are highly visible during this time of year. During duck season (which is through Jan 23rd) they are traveling over that exact bridge everyday and they would have noticed such a “vehicle massacre”. (it’s the quickest route from the NE part of the lake to the SE)

Over 100 coots were scattered over the bridge......What is not mentioned is how many coots have been found dead in the waters........

This “Expert” opinion is total BS……….

EAST TEXAS (KLTV) - First, it was Arkansas, then Louisiana, now hundreds of dead birds were spotted on an east Texas highway. The birds were found this morning on the highway 155 bridge at Lake O' the Pines. It was an unsettling sight for several morning drivers along the 155 bridge, over a hundred clumps of gray feathers lining the roadway. Dead coots.

"People see some birds on the bird maybe more than usual people get a little bit nervous and say wow maybe we've got something going on here," says Texas parks and wildlife biologist Charlie Muller.

The species is known as the American coot, or mud-hen. Audubon society member David Brotherton has studied them in Lake O' the Pines for years.

"This year we counted over 9-thousand of them on Lake O' the Pines they are a very common bird on the lake'" he says.

But why did they all die seemingly at once? Its a strange, but explainable occurrence. Game wardens say the coots stay together in large numbers and they were seen by the hundreds on the 155 bridge just a few days ago , the easy answer by the game wardens office, they were run over. The birds are easily startled, and fly low, over the bridge.

"The birds could have been spooked by a boat coming through that area, a bird of prey such as a bald eagle," Muller says.

www.kltv.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just thought I would throw out this radio broadcast................Although as you can see from my profile that I have been all over the BP / Corexit issue........I cannot confirm that this is the cause of the bird deaths........

A Non-governmental autopsy of these birds would be interesting……..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Your creative editing skills are impressive.
I don't want to think your hypothesis is even remotely possible.
The post seems a bit fearmongering to me, if you prove to be right, then I will be in error and as I fry in our global microwave, I will regret saying that.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Iamschist because: ack, spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This is also alarming, and plausable, however I would think with this senario we would see birds of all types mixed together in these die offs and not just ones that are black. Agreed there are birds of different plumage colors involved in deaths around the world at this time, but I'm thinking acid rain would not be so selective in these MO, cases.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Now Missouri - I just heard this morning about the mass deaths of turkey buzzards in the Fl Keys. And yesterday 2 or 3 other locations. I can't keep up and this is very puzzling. I agree we need a topic for reports coming in. There is a google map but they haven't updated in 6 days, I am wondering why - did someone put a damper on the map. I think it must be missing at least 6 or 7 new reports.

I agree - a non gov investigation and autospies are in order.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Well I am very familiar in doing a “non” governmental study ………..It is difficult to get "testing labs" to step out.

But if we want the truth……..this must be done…….

Since I live fairly close to these two bird events here in Missouri……..I am going “bird” hunting this afternoon across the rural areas of farmland to see what’s out there….

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Your creative editing skills are impressive.
I don't want to think your hypothesis is even remotely possible.
The post seems a bit fearmongering to me, if you prove to be right, then I will be in error and as I fry in our global microwave, I will regret saying that.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Iamschist because: ack, spelling

Thanks for mistaken me for the making of that video.

But, we have seen to much coincidence in Movie disasters and real life disasters

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I did not see anyone post that Athens AL had over 300 dead birds this morning off I-65.........

Seems like ATS's focus is elsewhere.......

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Not far from where these birds died (Jefferson County on Old Highway 21 near Rock Creek Rd.), and where I lived for 12+ years of my life, is a strange field where a torch burned constantly for years. I think they were mining natural gas or something. This is less than a half-mile from where these birds died. They think it was a natural occurrence, but this field always made me wonder. I'd also like to note, there is a crematory within a half-mile of the location, too..

Here is a Google Maps view of the strange tanks and where the torch burned all the time for years: Google Map

Here is a little clearer view from Bing Maps:
Bing Map

top topics

join