It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk to me about the "mantis" aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This may be a dumb question, but here goes:

I've seen references to these mantis-like aliens in numerous abductee accounts. The frustrating thing, though, is that those accounts always seem to stop short of telling us just how mantis-like the beings are.

What I mean to say is, are we dealing with something that still has your basic humanoid body type, with two legs and two arms, but with a bug-like head and huge eyes?

Or when people liken these things to mantises, are they saying these creatures also have the types of upper appendages which give the praying mantis its name? If so, are we talking about a bipedal creature with mantis-like arms, or would it be the full on mantis body style, complete with four legs for standing and walking, and then the two front "legs" being the "praying" upper appendages?

I know it may seem silly for me to be requesting such specific information about beings with remain unknown, and whose very existence is not generally accepted as fact, but what can I say? None of the literature I've seen has addressed this question, and I guess it's been in the back of my mind bugging me ever since I first read about these weird mantis men.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
hahahaha sorry this is all i got haha
out of all the things this is bothering you? haha

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have never heard of these actually. Is there a difference between this 'mantis type' and the 'reptilians' or are you mixing them up? After reading a great thread on pollution and just how much we really # our world up, I'm worried that we will never meet these advanced beings. We must be the scum of the cosmos. We're probably the starving, aids ridden country of the universe, yet we hold our heads so high.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
None of the literature I've seen has addressed this question, and I guess it's been in the back of my mind bugging me ever since I first read about these weird mantis men.

Have patience, young Grasshopper.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sorry but they better be bullet proof because I hate Mantis'sssss (? sp)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
In most of the accounts I've read, they are described as having long and spindly, but otherwise humanoid arms. The "mantis" like description is more about the head shape and appearance. However, sometimes they are described as having pincers too.

Here's a good thread on it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

this might interest you....

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I've seen references to these mantis-like aliens in numerous abductee accounts.

Care to share any?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Someone I know shared an abduction experience with me:

The abduction was by greys; they were not hostile, but cold and clinical. They performed a physical exam and then they were showing her things and communicating with her telepathically, in a minimal way.

She said she sensed that the whole "grey" look was a front, and, being a naturally curious person, she begged to know what they "really" looked like. At first they told her, "No, you will not like it, it will frighten you."

She promised she would not be frightened and continued asking. Finally they relented and allowed her to see them as they really are. She said in reality, they are much larger than the diminutive greys, quite tall. They were just like giant wasps or ants without wings.

Upon seeing them, as they predicted, she became terrified and freaked out, becoming violent. She says she thinks she may have hurt one or two of them before they subdued her again, and she doesn't remember anything after that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ive had the same thoughts/questions! Ive always loved praying mantis (manti?), even since I was a kid (maybe I was a contactee? ha). They always seem to be thinking and assessing, like they're sizing you up. What if they're really miniature scouts for the big guys? Hmm...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
Someone I know shared an abduction experience with me:

The abduction was by greys; they were not hostile, but cold and clinical. They performed a physical exam and then they were showing her things and communicating with her telepathically, in a minimal way.

She said she sensed that the whole "grey" look was a front, and, being a naturally curious person, she begged to know what they "really" looked like. At first they told her, "No, you will not like it, it will frighten you."

She promised she would not be frightened and continued asking. Finally they relented and allowed her to see them as they really are. She said in reality, they are much larger than the diminutive greys, quite tall. They were just like giant wasps or ants without wings.

Upon seeing them, as they predicted, she became terrified and freaked out, becoming violent. She says she thinks she may have hurt one or two of them before they subdued her again, and she doesn't remember anything after that.

Your friend I believe has experienced confabulation. Its a normal case in many adults that had something sweet to eat before bed. Does your friend watch many Scifi movies? That may also be the case that led to this hallucination
edit on 12-1-2011 by JamesMcgaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

First I heard of those type was in the John Norman novels, The Sagas of Gor, the counter Earth

Priest-Kings of Gor
Published 1968, by Ballantine, cover art by Boris Vallejo.

In the story the Priest-Kings were the caretakers of the planet, though they didn't interfere much with daily business, but basically were 'the good guys'

Since these books were written in the 60's I would imagine they influenced many people

Nothing like a good Warrior series with Slave Girls tossed in and a few Aliens as well

edit on 12-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kayzar

I've seen references to these mantis-like aliens in numerous abductee accounts.

Care to share any?

Off the top of my head, I don't have specific sources to cite. I do recall Whitley Strieber being among the contactees who's described mantis aliens.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcgaha

Your friend I believe has experienced confabulation. Its a normal case in many adults that had something sweet to eat before bed. Does your friend watch many Scifi movies? That may also be the case that led to this hallucination

Gee, that's really helpful. Thanks so much for keeping such an open mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
they are quite real and live underground. what we call alien are evolved races of bugs and fish which live deep below the earth.

the praying mantis race is the most powerful. this is why killing a praying mantis is illegal.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
hahahaha sorry this is all i got haha
out of all the things this is bothering you? haha

Thats not fair. I too am sorry thats all you got!
The OP is asking a valid question. The questions about the arms is particularly valid. Do they have thumbs? Can they hold gun???

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesMcgaha

Originally posted by JamesMcgaha

It was my mother, she told me this story many, many years ago, and she has not changed her story once in these many years.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't think they would have pincher appendages or or other real "mantis" like properties. They would not have developed a modern society without the dexterity to significantly modify their surroundings and such.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I don't think they would have pincher appendages or or other real "mantis" like properties. They would not have developed a modern society without the dexterity to significantly modify their surroundings and such.

Well in the Gor novel's they don't have a 'modern society' more of a hive thing... and they make things happen with mental abilities by manipulating others thoughts to do their bidding..

Kinda like people believe our Gov is doing with mind control rays

OH and Tin Foil Hats? They work as ANTENNAS not blockers for those brain wave signals... according to a recent MIT study

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

There is a correct praying mantis alien. I am one to believe in very little aliens. I exposed the pliedians with another poster as being the tall whites and thats final. If you read from real abduction accounts you can notice that there are typical greys in the room, and there is one praying mantis alien. This alien is said to look like a grasshopper that is very skinny, with large eyes that wrap around the head in a more distinguished way than the greys, a thin head and the eyes wrap around upwards and huge around the whole head. The arms are ridiculously long and skinny, "lanky," the body is very thin. Sometimes when abductees sense this being is there they close their eyes, they might see an arm stretching out or an eye, but they will not look at this thing.

edit on 12-1-2011 by HRegressor because: pic

edit on 12-1-2011 by HRegressor because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by HRegressor because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by HRegressor because: pic

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join