It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can we manifest our own futures?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Just wanted to ask a question and hear the opinions from other users on here..

It concerns the law of attraction and the secret..
Does anybody here believe in this system? Does anybody use it or have tried it? What were you results..

I heard about this system many years ago, and also watched the movie the secret.
I totally get the theory behind it that we are all energy and everything is energy so we can connect with it. We can use our thoughts, which is also energy to create things for ourselves.
Although I found the secret movie to be a little bit to much, but it is well made for it's ultimate purpose to make money.

I have tried to use the techniques myself and to be honest, it did seem to work, although there could be many reasons for that..

Anyway just wanted some thoughts from people on here..

I've provided a link to a video from the makers of the secret, wether it works on not, I think it's quite a cool video, with a good soundtrack..




posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


Will you people ever stop this rubbish. I have never in my life since i left school wanted to talk to a female, and i am glad.

Positive thinking is garbage, it brought about the holocaust and gaza today. Positive thinking made america into murderers that they are today, wanting to kill anyone who even thinks they are evil.

I will and never will ever in my life want anything to do with females, and this rubbish laws of attraction rubbish. I know what females want and i do the opposite, and you should see what they did to me.

For one i am glad i am alone, and always will be, and never will i ever let any of these rubbish ideas be used in my life. When will you people ever understand these things are rubbish, and it will never be something i want ever. I think negatively all my life and always will.

Stay away from positive thinking. I will always be alone and better off, and i will never ever want anything to do with it.

Law of attraction = garbage.
edit on 1/12/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
in my experience it does work, although I haven't seen the film or studies the law of attraction but do create my reality through positive thinking and STO, or at least try to...and yes it does seem to work for me...actually it definitely works for me. I think you just have to really believe it works

Good luck and I hope it also works for you.

above poster you should give it a go, it might change your world
edit on 12-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 


I don't know why you are talking about females.. You are obviously bitter about something..
And to be honest what you say in your post is a load of rubbish! You made some strong statements there and most of them made no sense.. Positive thinking caused the holocaust!!
What a load of rubbish..
If positive thinking is wrong, and I'm talking generally here, not about the secret.. what do you suggest, everyone go around thinking negatively? Because I can assure you if that were the case, the world you live in today, would be very much different and not very pleasant..



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 


That is a brilliant post, really made me laugh - you don't like talking to women and you only think negatively?

Surely you're not being serious are you?



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hmm I think I tried it once due to an earlier thread just out of my own curiosity and to this day I don't know if I should count it as actually working or just a part of my life playing out. For the most part it seemed like nothing more than life rotating on all it's own, but on the flip-side as well I could definitely see how the positive thinking shaped the experience. I don't know really and don't really think about it too much anymore. Just taking it all in strides now.

P.S.
I think it was this one [www.abovetopsecret.com...] that got me looking into it. It's quite heavy with a bit from both sides (those who believe and those who don't). Sitting at 66 pages it gave quite a bit



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 




I think negatively all my life and always will.

lol..and life must be great right? You sound like a very bitter angry person. I would also hazard a guess that'd you've been hurt deeply by a women? You've got deep issues that you try to hide but they are plainly obvious, you are far from being a happy and content person...so ask yourself exactly why that might be? Is it really that hard to be a positive person? People in this world are becoming so inhumane and uncaring because they think exactly like you.

I would hate to be in a room with you, your vibes would kill me.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
 

Misterlondon,

Indeed it works and I guess the best place to start is with our resisdent expert on this subject Skyfloating.

Here is probably the best thread on the subject.

How "the law of attraction" works

@andy1033...lighten up!!

Peace



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


They destroyed my life on this subject. This law of attraction rubbish.

This is what the uk gov and police ruined my life over, this law of attraction rubbish. The day i left school i decided to be negative and will till i die.

Thats the reason why the uk gov targeted me at school, and have since, and they keep trying to prove this garbage with my life, and its ruined my life, and i never wanted anything to do with it.

Like i said i stumbled on the fact they used electronic mind control at school in 1992 in london and this rubbish, they decided they where going to ruin my life over.

Be careful what you wish for is a ll i would say, as i am going to be negative all my life, and i am sick to death of this laws of attraction stuff.

But if you do not care about it, try it, but the uk gov decided to ruin my life over it. Its been going on for 19 years now, and they still have not left my life.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
in my experience it does work, although I haven't seen the film or studies the law of attraction but do create my reality through positive thinking and STO, or at least try to...and yes it does seem to work for me...actually it definitely works for me. I think you just have to really believe it works

Good luck and I hope it also works for you.

above poster you should give it a go, it might change your world
edit on 12-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)


Yeah.. I did find positive results too, I got exactly what I asked for and was eye openingly accurate..

Lol.. And your right, that guy needs some positive thinking, his life sounds pretty miserable with that thought process..



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Misterlondon
 

Misterlondon,

Indeed it works and I guess the best place to start is with our resisdent expert on this subject Skyfloating.

Here is probably the best thread on the subject.

How "the law of attraction" works

@andy1033...lighten up!!

Peace


Thanks mate I'll check it out..

2nd



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


They destroyed my life on this subject. This law of attraction rubbish.

This is what the uk gov and police ruined my life over, this law of attraction rubbish. The day i left school i decided to be negative and will till i die.

Thats the reason why the uk gov targeted me at school, and have since, and they keep trying to prove this garbage with my life, and its ruined my life, and i never wanted anything to do with it.

Like i said i stumbled on the fact they used electronic mind control at school in 1992 in london and this rubbish, they decided they where going to ruin my life over.

Be careful what you wish for is a ll i would say, as i am going to be negative all my life, and i am sick to death of this laws of attraction stuff.

But if you do not care about it, try it, but the uk gov decided to ruin my life over it. Its been going on for 19 years now, and they still have not left my life.



Don't really know what your talking about...

But if your negative and you live like that feeling miserable and bitter.. Then I'm afraid to say mate... THEY WIN!



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Misterlondon
 


Will you people ever stop this rubbish. I have never in my life since i left school wanted to talk to a female, and i am glad.

Positive thinking is garbage, it brought about the holocaust and gaza today. Positive thinking made america into murderers that they are today, wanting to kill anyone who even thinks they are evil.

I will and never will ever in my life want anything to do with females, and this rubbish laws of attraction rubbish. I know what females want and i do the opposite, and you should see what they did to me.

For one i am glad i am alone, and always will be, and never will i ever let any of these rubbish ideas be used in my life. When will you people ever understand these things are rubbish, and it will never be something i want ever. I think negatively all my life and always will.

Stay away from positive thinking. I will always be alone and better off, and i will never ever want anything to do with it.

Law of attraction = garbage.
edit on 1/12/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)


Could you please stop all this anti-female rubbish? I see it in almost every reply of yours and you're coming across as a bit of a sexist pig if I'm honest. Not only that, but it makes NO SENSE!



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
positive thinking works for me because i back it up with positive actions. due to my personal religious beliefs i believe in trying to be kind and charitable, and though i'm mentioning things here, it's best not to boast of ones actions. bragging of good works reflects poorly on one's self.

my wife and i are both positive people and we gave ourselves over to having faith in our creator some years ago. no, i'm not pushing religion, i'm just relating a true story. not too long afterward we noticed a trend in our lives that if there was a need it would be fulfilled. quarterly tax bill in the mail? next day, an unexpected bank refund. going food shopping? there's a spot right up front!

and so it goes. we've learned to feed into the stream. when extra comes into our lives we share the good fortune. if a new coat is purchased the old one is donated for someone else to use. just pay it forward, don't have great expectations like you are entitled, and try to find the joy in the moment.

mental attitude is incredibly important. one person CAN make a difference - look at Julian Assange. people that have positive attitudes and a sense of humor are welcome in my world any day. Debbie Downers and Chronic Malcontents need not apply; I don't let losers rent space in my head.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yes, we can manifest our own futures. Here's how:

1.) Decide what you want to accomplish.
2.) Figure out how it can be done.
3.) Make a plan.
4.) Execute the plan.
5.) If the plan fails, return to step (2) with updated knowledge from experience.

Works just about every time for me.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
positive thinking works for me because i back it up with positive actions. due to my personal religious beliefs i believe in trying to be kind and charitable, and though i'm mentioning things here, it's best not to boast of ones actions. bragging of good works reflects poorly on one's self.

my wife and i are both positive people and we gave ourselves over to having faith in our creator some years ago. no, i'm not pushing religion, i'm just relating a true story. not too long afterward we noticed a trend in our lives that if there was a need it would be fulfilled. quarterly tax bill in the mail? next day, an unexpected bank refund. going food shopping? there's a spot right up front!

and so it goes. we've learned to feed into the stream. when extra comes into our lives we share the good fortune. if a new coat is purchased the old one is donated for someone else to use. just pay it forward, don't have great expectations like you are entitled, and try to find the joy in the moment.

mental attitude is incredibly important. one person CAN make a difference - look at Julian Assange. people that have positive attitudes and a sense of humor are welcome in my world any day. Debbie Downers and Chronic Malcontents need not apply; I don't let losers rent space in my head.


I think your right, a positive attitude will always cause you to act in a positive way, which in turn will help achieve your goals..



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
Yes, we can manifest our own futures. Here's how:

1.) Decide what you want to accomplish.
2.) Figure out how it can be done.
3.) Make a plan.
4.) Execute the plan.
5.) If the plan fails, return to step (2) with updated knowledge from experience.

Works just about every time for me.




If only life were that easy!!

2nd



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon
 

I never said it was easy; I just said it works.

And it's probably easier than trying various forms of magic to feed your desires. And FYI, according to some spiritualists, use of magic for egoistic reasons is considered "black magic" and has some serious karmic repercussions down the line. Bottom line, TANSTAAFL.


edit on 12-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
1

log in

join