It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon government likely to fall today... Confirmed : will fall today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Israel always has the wargames going on so nothing new there. Their overflights of Lebanon is problematic and Lebanon does have grounds to be pissed and complain to the UN over that, but again its goiing to happen regardless, and all we have to do is look at the history in the area to see why.

Hezzbullah, once they take over, does not have any grounds to launch attacks on Israel since there pullout of Lebanese territory. I am curious waht justification they are going to use now to attack Israel.

As far as Hamas and Gaza go.. I see both sides in that area, which is to say its a tit for tat and the people stuck there are cuaght in the middle. What gets me is hte continued complaints towards ISrael, and the attempts to run the blockade, when all they have to do is go to Egypt and cross the border on there side.

They dont do tis because Egypt has for the most part sided with Israel, which speaks volumes and in the end may very wall cause their government to collapse when Mubarak dies. Lots of internal pressure is building.

So as always we are one bad bottle of tequila away from all out war in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

4:15pm Contacted by Agence France Presse, State Minister Adnan Sayyed Hussein refused to confirm whether he would resign or not.
4:06pm Phalange Party's politburo will hold an emergency meeting at 5:00 p.m. at the Central House in Saifi to discuss the latest developments.

So another meeting in 15 minutes... and the crucial resigning of Hussein is not sure yet... guess the government might not fall today for sure after all...

We shall see in the next few hours.

Hezzbullah, once they take over, does not have any grounds to launch attacks on Israel since there pullout of Lebanese territory. I am curious waht justification they are going to use now to attack Israel.

What justification they are going to use now to attack Israel? Really? In 2006, it's because Israeli spec ops INSIDE LEBANON were captured by Hezbollah that was started... not because they captured Israeli troops INSIDE ISRAEL... But eh, this news was reported in the few hours of the war... then completely wiped out from internet. Don't believe me? That's alright, but I've seen it back then with my own eyes.

They dont do tis because Egypt has for the most part sided with Israel, which speaks volumes and in the end may very wall cause their government to collapse when Mubarak dies. Lots of internal pressure is building.

Because Egypt is a US puppet. That's why. And even if ``terrorists`` were to take over Egypt, the Egyptian army is a joke and Israel could easily wipe it out.

CONFIRMED THE GOVERNMENT WILL FALL AS SOON AS HEZBOLLAH GIVE THEIR LETTER OF RESIGNATION :

4:20pm Information obtained by Al-Jadeed: It has become confirmed that State Minister Adnan Sayyed Hussein will submit a resignation letter once Opposition ministers announce their resignation from the government.

That's it then. As soon as Hezbollah give their letter, the government collapses and new election happen.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

4:40pm Lebanese Army: An Israeli patrol crossed the technical fence south of Rmeish and kidnapped a Lebanese citizen, taking him into the occupied territories. Intense contacts between the Lebanese Army Command and UNIFIL are underway to free the citizen.

Are they freaking serious? This is PROVOCATION.

[We support] Prime Minister Saad Hariri as the country’s PM,” March 14 General Secretariat coordinator Fares Soueid said on Wednesday.
Sides are being drawn.

US source to NOW Lebanon: Hezbollah using blackmail, plain and simple

A US diplomatic source told NOW Lebanon on Wednesday that Hezbollah and its allies have fabricated political crises in Lebanon, dangerously increasing political tensions through escalating rhetoric and threatening violence in Lebanon should they not get their way.

“Essentially, Hezbollah and its allies have been offering to remove the problems that they themselves created, in exchange for the subversion of the rule of law in Lebanon,” said the source who spoke on condition of anonymity, adding, “This is blackmail, plain and simple.”

Smells like opening a door for US involvement.

4:50pm Change and Reform bloc MP Ibrahim Kenaan to OTV: Within moments, we will enter a "new constitutional situation."

A new crisis you mean?

Abbas Hashem says Sleiman should get ready for new PM

“President Michel Sleiman should call for Parliamentary consultations tomorrow to name a new prime minister,” said Change and Reform bloc MP Abbas Hashem in an interview on Wednesday.

Hopefully a new PM takes over... and a big crisis is averted.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The press conference will soon start :

5:07pm Minister Abdullah arrived at Rabieh and the opposition ministers took their places to start the press conference.
5:00pm OTV: The opposition will announce its statement within minutes. The delay was caused by Minister Ali Abdullah’s late arrival to Rabieh from the airport.

Gonna be interesting.

Confirmed :

5:14pm Bassil: Our decision is constitutional and legal. We are making room for a new government in order for it to perform its duties.
5:12pm Bassil: The prime minister is faced with choosing either Beirut and Washington or Beirut and any other capital. We have taken our choice through adhering to the institutions.
5:10pm Bassil: We announce our resignation from government and we turn to the prime minister to speed up the formation of a new Cabinet.

That's it... government toppled.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

yet another war.

third one.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Way to obfuscate the point. This is not 2006, it is 2010 and Israel has withdrawn from occupied Lebanon and has been working with the Lebanese government and the UN to trasnfer the last village back to Lebanese control.

So my question still stands, since Hezzbollahs charter was for the removal of Israel troops from occupied Lebanese village. Now that Israel has withdrawn, what will Hezzbollah use as an excuse now to continue their attacks onIsrael.

Even more concerning is the arming of Hezbollah with long range missiles. All it is going to take is one of those being fired off to start WWIII.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
You know what? I really don't care what happens in the Middle East anymore. We need to start minding our own business and taking care of our growing domestic issues. You know, little things like a 9% plus unemployment rate, a 14 trillion dollar plus deficit, the gradual curtailing of freedoms all in the name of security, etc. Little things like that.

Peter I agree 100% but in our zionist-controlled media, "news" such as this is rammed down our throat 24/7. So much so that a majority of the American public now thinks that what happens in the ME is more important than what happens here.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

So my question still stands, since Hezzbollahs charter was for the removal of Israel troops from occupied Lebanese village. Now that Israel has withdrawn, what will Hezzbollah use as an excuse now to continue their attacks on Israel.

What do you mean ``continue their attacks``? They haven't attacked Israel since 2006. Yes they have armed themselves... but really it's because they are the true army of Lebanon.

Even more concerning is the arming of Hezbollah with long range missiles. All it is going to take is one of those being fired off to start WWIII.

Not really. One conventional won't start WW3. One biological/chemical, then yes.

AFP: PM Saad Hariri meets US President Barack Obama at moment Hezbollah resigns government

As they said they would.

Hezbollah, unlike North Korea, are a people of their word.

EDIT : Apparently Israel is moving some military hardware on the Northern border... Source : An Israeli I know...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That's it! Hezbollah + Hussein = 11 ministers have resigned. That means the government is OFFICIALLY OVERTHROWN.

5:32pm Minister of State Adnan Sayyed Hussein announced in a statement his resignation from Cabinet.

Trouble shall now begin.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It has collapsed!!! Officially !!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
More news....

Hariri’s meeting with Obama ends

Future News reported on Wednesday that Prime Minister Saad Hariri’s meeting with US President Barack Obama ended, adding that no statement was issued following their meeting.

No statement uh?

Clinton making calls to discuss Lebanese situation

Al-Jazeera television reported on Wednesday that US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made a series of calls to her counterparts in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and France in an attempt to achieve a consensual international announcement that supports Lebanon and the UN probe into the 2005 assassination of ex-Premier Rafik Hariri.

Of course, supporting the UN tribunal... which will end up arresting Hezbollah members, which will end up with civil war in Lebanon.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sounds like the beginning of another civil war in Lebanon. So sad really such a beautiful country being destroyed by greed, and power hungry people, with ordinary citizens caught in between. Speaking of the situation an interesting book on this subject is From Beirut to Jerusalem By Thomas Friedman. Fantastic read and describes the situation perfectly, in harsh and determined words really.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

"What justification they are going to use now to attack Israel? Really? In 2006, it's because Israeli spec ops INSIDE LEBANON were captured by Hezbollah that was started... not because they captured Israeli troops INSIDE ISRAEL... But eh, this news was reported in the few hours of the war... then completely wiped out from internet. Don't believe me? That's alright, but I've seen it back then with my own eyes."

Really ? Because I have been at the point of that said kidnap, and have seen with my own eyes the burning humvees and the equipment left by the Hizbulla. Hundreds more witnessed the same.

Spec' ops ? Hardly a border patrol. Hizbulla Terrorist btw were inside Israel's territory although behind the fence.

I have suggested Oozism in the past, not to rely on PressTV as a credible news source. Using it surely doesn't give you any credibility. This disinformation I've just quoted above, puts everything else you write here in question.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

6:30pm Al-Arabiya: Hariri interrupted his visit to the U.S. and he will return to Beirut Thursday morning and meet President Michel Suleiman upon his arrival.

Going back to France before.

Really ? Because I have been at the point of that said kidnap, and have seen with my own eyes the burning humvees and the equipment left by the Hizbulla. Hundreds more witnessed the same.

Well I'm just saying what I've read in the news 4.5 years ago in the first hours of the war. I don't remember where I read it, but it was from several news sources. And it said Israeli special forces in Lebanon captured... then a few hours later, the whole story about Hezbollah capturing soldiers on the border came out.

So maybe both events happened, who knows.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
What do you mean ``continue their attacks``? They haven't attacked Israel since 2006. Yes they have armed themselves... but really it's because they are the true army of Lebanon.

A group that operates autonomously outside the established military chain of command. A group that threatened any Lebanese military or Police with death if they tried to arrest one of ther Hezbollah leaders for the assasination of the former PM. Up to and including launching attacks against Israel when Hezbollah had no authority to do some from the elected Government of Lebanon at the time. Even more disconerting about that statement is if they are the true army of "Lebanon", why re they taking their orders from Syria and Iran?

To me it sounds like an occupation of Lebanon in an effort to fight a proxy war for Iran and Syria that will result in the deaths of Lebanese Civilians who will be caught in the middle.

Not really. One conventional won't start WW3. One biological/chemical, then yes.

Im not refering to Katusha rockets with no guidance and limited range. The missiles they have received from Syria and Iran have guidance, larger payloads and longer ranges. As I said before, the moment its launched, hits, and is confirmed its one of the newer missiles, Iran and Syria just opened the door for attack from Israel for supplying those missiles.

AFP: PM Saad Hariri meets US President Barack Obama at moment Hezbollah resigns government

As they said they would.

Hezbollah, unlike North Korea, are a people of their word.

I wouldnt bet the farm on that... If for no other reason than they assasinated the former PM, and are now trying to shift the blame for that report as nothing but Israeli interference. Also, should we go back and look at the numerous cease fires that have occured between Hezbollah and Israel, which are quickly abandoned after Hezbollah has been rearmed.

EDIT : Apparently Israel is moving some military hardware on the Northern border... Source : An Israeli I know...

Until it can be determined how the situation in Lebanon goes, you cant really blame them. I would prepare for attacks or for the possibility of a mass exodus out of Lebanon by people who dont agree with Hezbollah. There are many reasons for the movement, but as long as its in Israeli territory, its Israels concern.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

US source to NOW Lebanon: Hezbollah using blackmail, plain and simple

A US diplomatic source told NOW Lebanon on Wednesday that Hezbollah and its allies have fabricated political crises in Lebanon, dangerously increasing political tensions through escalating rhetoric and threatening violence in Lebanon should they not get their way.

“Essentially, Hezbollah and its allies have been offering to remove the problems that they themselves created, in exchange for the subversion of the rule of law in Lebanon,” said the source who spoke on condition of anonymity, adding, “This is blackmail, plain and simple.”

Smells like opening a door for US involvement.

Or it's simply reporting whats going on.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
You know what? I really don't care what happens in the Middle East anymore. We need to start minding our own business and taking care of our growing domestic issues. You know, little things like a 9% plus unemployment rate, a 14 trillion dollar plus deficit, the gradual curtailing of freedoms all in the name of security, etc. Little things like that.

I really don't care about your views. But I quoted you because I'm ironic like that

2nd line

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

To me it sounds like an occupation of Lebanon in an effort to fight a proxy war for Iran and Syria that will result in the deaths of Lebanese Civilians who will be caught in the middle.

By the ``true army``... I mean the only ones who can really defend Lebanon against Israel. Israel can wipe the floor with the Lebanese army... but will have a harder time doing so against Hezbollah.

As I said before, the moment its launched, hits, and is confirmed its one of the newer missiles, Iran and Syria just opened the door for attack from Israel for supplying those missiles.

An Israeli war against Iran/Syria/Lebanon even if the US jumps in, won't be called WW3. It'll be called war in the middle east number 9999.

But as I said, if they are hit with a chemical weapon or biological weapon, then Israel could use nukes, and if they use nukes, then it'll be WW3.

I wouldnt bet the farm on that...

A people of their word when it comes to doom that is.

There are many reasons for the movement, but as long as its in Israeli territory, its Israels concern.

Yeah I was just saying.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Let's look at it as an interesting development

Sh1t starts to hit the fan, people, cheer up.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think some of you have to realize your country isn't dependent on oil from the middle east as much as you think. A sibling of mine is in management for TransCanada and from what I hear the US is pretty much dependent on Canadian oil and natural gas now. Within the last 2 years the US has bought into Canadian natural resources immensely and it's all because of the crap going on in the middle east and the instability of knowing whether or not it's oil is accessible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join