It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China 'Developing Military Spacecraft'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
(thread posted @ 12.50 11.12.11 - time stamp still not working)

China 'Developing Military Spacecraft'

english.chosun.com

China is making progress in building an "upper-atmosphere" jet fighter, an official said last week, adding to a flurry of speculation about China's growing air power.

China's official Xinhua news agency reported a J-20 took off around 12:50 p.m. and landed at 1:11 p.m. after a successful flight of about 18 minutes on Tuesday."

Gates' visit achieved maximum exposure for the images. The U.S. defense secretary had earlier said the Chinese stealth fighter would not be ready until about 2020.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.freerepublic.com

peace

edit on 12-1-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Added Note: This ‘jet’, by looks and defention (‘"upper-atmosphere" jet fighter) - does not appear to be the 'Stealth' fighter being discussed on ATS here

I don’t know how this thread is going to stay on track - There’s just so much to talk about here.

1. IMO it’s appalling we’re taking war to Space.

2. Obviously China is stepping up their program - big time.

But Why?

International War? Or War with something coming. Something ‘out there’ we lowly ones know nothing about?

3. The USA projected the flight of this war craft wouldn’t be possible until 2010. The USA was wrong.

What does that say about American Intel.

So ATS - Choose your favorite topic from the above, I’m up for exploring dialog on all if it.

peace

english.chosun.com

(photo credit = link)
edit on 12-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
China is a super power many think the actually military budget is much higher than they let on? Stealth fighter well on the way who knows what else if this is true about the spacecraft they are gathering pace very fast than alot predicted. I read yesterday about the lack of transparency china is showing to america about china's military build up when has america been transparent?
edit on 12-1-2011 by TREASONFX because: extra content

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TREASONFX

China is a super power many think the actually military budget is much higher than they let on? Stealth fighter well on the way who knows what else.

I'd say a lot more, that's for sure, considering the USA didn't think this recent project would get off the ground until 2020.

Beyond that I'd like to know - besides all the unrest in the world - why China is as close to China has been in a longtime to 'chest beating'. Very understated, no fanfare, but chest thumping none the less.

peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I don’t know how this thread is going to stay on track - There’s just so much to talk about here.

1. IMO it’s appalling we’re taking war to Space.

2. Obviously China is stepping up their program - big time.

But Why?

International War? Or War with something coming. Something ‘out there’ we lowly ones know nothing about?
3. The USA projected the flight of this war craft wouldn’t be possible until 2010. The USA was wrong.
What does that say about American Intel.

Choose your topic from the above, I’m up for exploring dialog on all if it.

peace

english.chosun.com

(photo credit = link)

Ref point 1 - Yes , space will become a region of warfare for the superpowers....... He who sits higher up the tree has the better view !

Ref point 2 - Evolution, China is evolving and will alongside India and Russia be the next generation of world superpowers. The West and the USA as we know are losing their crown.

Ref point 3 - Don't know......Maybe the Chinese speak English / American English BUT the Americans struggle reading Chinese or Mandarin..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Lets just hope the Chinese do not continue to test space weapons by blowing up old satellites,or they will make ANY space travel a lot more dangerous,if not next to impossible(due to bits of space debris).

No one has the right to spoil our spacefaring chances by messing about with weapons up there IMO.

NASA’s Orbital Debris Count Office says some 35,000 pieces of debris resulted from the Chinese satellite missile strike. The Center for Space Standards & Innovation generated this illustration, as of December, 2007. Original satellite orbit in green.

bionicteaching.com...
edit on 12/1/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: link

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

First of all, I was lead to believe that the craft the Chinese tested during Gates's visit was in fact a STEALTH craft, and not involved with any form of space borne battle platform.
Furthermore, I fail to see why America ought to be able to launch a "secret" space mission with military implications (which they have done) with barely a word against it, when China involving themselves in a similar fashion causes panic and mayhem of the mind.
Something has to be accepted here. Of the superpowers on the Earth, America in recent years has been far more deadly and dangerous to persons outside its borders, than any other nation . Its government has taken its military to war on more territories, and under stranger circumstances than any of its opposite numbers in the Eastern world, and quite frankly, I worry far more about its intentions toward space, than I do for Chinas veiw on the same topic. Yes, China has a horrific history of abuse of human rights, and a very totalitarian government which controls its people with a fist of iron. Yes, China has a history of abusing monks, and annexing parts of other nations to its own ends.
However, America has bases all over the planet, invades any nation which could house terrorists, renders people thousands of miles , and uses unofficial interragators in order to do what cannot be done by its own intelligence operatives. In terms of its global reach and power, China may own a lot of debt, but Americas intelligence services, military reach and power, are by far the greater and more oppresive, and the fingers of that body grasping at space as a new platform for destruction worries me to a much greater extent than China doing the same thing. Besides which, you can hardly blame them for wanting to match the US in terms of reach, since they are a proud nation, desperate to be seen to equal at least the efforts of other nations in terms of technology and power.
I see no good reason for the reactionary response to this information, and feel it is a mark of prejudice and evidence of unreasoned fear in the minds of those who subscribe to this attitude toward this news article.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

No one has the right to spoil our spacefaring chances by messing about with weapons up there IMO.

For a colossal number of reasons yes. I don’t believe any ‘power’ on earth has that right, and (here I repeat your quote).

Thanks so much for your pic - what an eye opener! Wow, leave it to us humans, we can't trash out earth enough now we have to take it to space. (Though I must admit I wish I was up and ready with a rig to collect and dispose of space junk - woohoo - that would make for a fine paycheck at the end of the day.)

peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

First of all, I was lead to believe that the craft the Chinese tested during Gates's visit was in fact a STEALTH craft, and not involved with any form of space borne battle platform.

If you’ve got a link I’d like to see it, as, the article puports another theory (?) and it would be nice to get to the bottom of the info.

Furthermore, I fail to see why America ought to be able to launch a "secret" space mission with military implications (which they have done) with barely a word against it, when China involving themselves in a similar fashion causes panic and mayhem of the mind.

Absolutely! And though I’m by now means pushing ‘panic and mayhem’ I don’t agree, strongly don’t agree with ‘us’ as a collective whole (as in humanity) taking fighters to space. Naive? Maybe, but, it’s my opinion to date.

Something has to be accepted here.

???

Of the superpowers on the Earth, America in recent years has been far more deadly and dangerous to persons outside its borders, than any other nation . Its government has taken its military to war on more territories, and under stranger circumstances than any of its opposite numbers in the Eastern world, and quite frankly, I worry far more about its intentions toward space, than I do for Chinas view on the same topic.

Frighteningly so and factually so I agree with you across the board.

Besides which, you can hardly blame them for wanting to match the US in terms of reach, since they are a proud nation, desperate to be seen to equal at least the efforts of other nations in terms of technology and power.

Which , honestly I think they surpass the USA at, just saying.

I see no good reason for the reactionary response to this information, and feel it is a mark of prejudice and evidence of unreasoned fear in the minds of those who subscribe to this attitude toward this news article.

Are you pointing the finger at me? *Looks Around*
I’m asking because I brought a piece of information to the board - at the most, because I found interest in that the USA didn’t have a clue the Chinese craft was ready until 2020.

And...

I can’t help but wonder what are the motives behind said ‘jetfighter’.... Meaning - what do they know that we don’t? (Something extraterrestrial)??? (Though logic would say one fighter would not be enough, there always has to be the prototype for more)...

Having said that? I don’t find the article, or my post at all racist, prejudice or spouting fear of any kind.
Just the facts.
I’m sorry you perceive the thread as so, the intention was if anything exactly the opposite.

peaec

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Yep. They are striving to keep Mandarin alive in China for just that reason. I took two years of Mandarin in college and it is a very difficult language. Four tones to our two, and so many characters that you just have to know there are no real rules to the character like particular strokes to indicate sounds, each is unique (with the exception of a handfull ie the character for sun next to the character for moon means bright and stuff like that).

I just read yesterday that Australia suspects China is doing a huge military build up.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I must apologise to you . I was under the impression, due to the timing of events that for one reason or another the J-20 was what was being reffered to here, mistakes happen,and for that I apologise most profusely.
Also I must apologise for using slightly ambiguous grammar in my previous post.
Silo 13 I was not actualy accusing anyone of reactionism,but posting in order to guard against it. I meant to post in defense against that all too likely scenario of people jumping on the "OMG WE ALL GONNA DIE" bandwagon, and driving it all up and down the thread. Again, my most scincere apologies for any percieved offence I may have caused you, and I hope you will not hold it against me in future.

Yours most humbly TB.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Oh China, haven't you figured it out? There are UFOs out there and a few countries already have the technology. Why do you think we are covering it up? Social implications is one factor, but one much bigger factor is battlefield(sky) dominance. Those who don't think something exists, will not pursue it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don´t see how this makes that much of a difference..

Why does it have to be a war, they are advancing technology..

Exactly like the Europeans dominated before WW2, the Americans since then, and now the Chinese.

Its civilized technological progression. I welcome it as long as some idiot doesn´t get into power in either the US, EU or China that will force bad relations and create issues that will turn violent.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You know what's more appalling? That US and Russia signed a treaty that prevents them from deploying space weapons. What about China? That treaty will hinder US and Russia if China starts deploying military assets in space within the next 10 years.

Thee who controls the higher ground controls the battlefield. And higher ground never ceases to rise higher: ground => mountains => sky => orbit => lunar orbit => space => deep space => etc, etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Full-spectrum dominance is the goal.
Aside from that we've got the Lockheed U-2 and the Aurora

It seems it's time for China to join us....

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think the days of US world domination are closing down. All other nations, unless they are the children of the US(France), or their gandmother(Israel), nations like China and Russia, and even smaller ones like Iran and N. Korea, know they need to arm up as big as possible, because the US has stockpiles of nukes, and attacks and occupies other countries at will.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I must apologies to you . I was under the impression, due to the timing of events that for one reason or another the J-20 was what was being referred to here, mistakes happen...
Silo 13 I was not actually accusing anyone of reactionism, but posting in order to guard against it.

Not a problem. I'm glad you keep people on their toes! I truly don't enjoy re-posting what's already ‘up’ and appreciate your input. As for apologies, none needed - this board needs far more people like you who will step up to the plate and make sure others are called to the spot if/when racism, reactionism or prejudice is found. That there was a misunderstanding between us? Its' all good. I’ve found one more person I consider an important part of the forum in that you value personal integrity in others and in yourself.

Living by a firm code of personal integrity and guarding against prejudice/racism is a prime example of what the world needs as a whole, and something we can all help ‘cure’ starting right in our own lives.

That China, the USA, any Nation ‘needs’ a weapon of this kind? It’s hard for me to fathom, but, that‘s the reality of the world we live in - as has been pointed out many times.

Now, take the case that said weapon might be a ‘deterrent’ or ‘protection’ from something/someone OUTSIDE the world? I can’t help but wonder - is it worth it? And if it is, what can I say to that?

I don’t want to see those weapons turned inward on ‘us’ as a whole, but, is there something out there?

Or is this just my fabulous thinking in order to come to terms or justify this brutal world where man pits himself against mankind?

peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Oh China, haven't you figured it out? There are UFOs out there and a few countries already have the technology. Why do you think we are covering it up? Social implications is one factor, but one much bigger factor is battlefield(sky) dominance.

So you're saying in your opinion this has something to do with protecting China from outside forces that might not be of this world as well as China's push to dominate the 'sky'?

peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo and GiGi

Its civilized technological progression.

And you’re right - it could be as plain and simple as that.

In an odd way I hope it is - then again...

peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

I think the days of US world domination are closing down. All other nations, unless they are the children of the US(France), or their gandmother(Israel), nations like China and Russia, and even smaller ones like Iran and N. Korea, know they need to arm up as big as possible, because the US has stockpiles of nukes, and attacks and occupies other countries at will.

Yes, and on the whole can you blame them? I think not.
Is it ugly. Yes.

I hope this whole release of info is not chest thumping (in China’s very precise and understated way) and only as other posters have pointed out - the natural evolution of technology.

peace

<<   2 >>

join