It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's on the Chinese news and Hong Kong news just about everyday. The problem is that not many people watch the news over there, so my aunt who lives there says.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
PBS showed a couple of minutes of Brisbane flooding, mentioned toowanda (sp) and said virtually all of queensland is under water...

Failure to explain the floods on anything other than rains...but rains do not bring sharks inland, only a flood tide of ocean waters flowing INLAND would bring such creatures to Brisbane.

Of course, as with the birds/fish kills, not a truthful word of explanation. Birds/fish died from methane gas escaping the crust and these floods may just very well be caused by crustal displacement or tectonic plate movements WORLDWIDE not localized...

I expect soon the authorities will admit plate movements are causing indonesia to sink and queensland to fill with water from the ocean NOT rainwater runoff...

IMHO of course...With all due respect to variant and diverse viewpoints posted here and elsewhere...

Is this a great country or what!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What's all this talk about sharks lol? I haven't heard of any sharks being in the water or seen any in the footage.

I think the american media is just confused. What's next, kangaroos are fighting off the sharks?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I can't speak for other Americans in other states, but the Australian floods have had a very prominent focus in our local news here in Florida. They're also among the top news stories on cable (MSNBC and CNN anyway, which is what I watch)
I have a dear friend living in Queensland, and worry for her daily. My heart goes out to all down under, this is indeed an epic flood disaster for your country.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am here in the Midwest of the USA - Iowa - and I didnt watch the local news tonight. I did see this story on CNN.com earlier and watched the video. I am very sorry for your suffering! This looks like a mega flood. CNN showed a map and how huge the affected area is. Stay safe!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
CNN is reporting it.
CNN

MSNBC is reporting it.
MSNBC

Plus our local news stations here in SW Florida are also reporting it, so I would say yes..it is being reported at least in the US. I saw a few posters from other states saying they weren't aware, but here in Florida we are very aware. Plus seeing it on CNN and MSNBC tells me it is being reported nation wide. Although many of us just don't rely on the MSM much so that may be why others haven't seen it reported locally. My thoughts and prayers are with all those going through this terrible disaster in Brisbane and other parts of Australia.

Stealth

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
thanks to those who have replies so far.......im shocked. especially the response coming from america so far.

As I stated above, it is covered widely here in the US so not sure why so many are saying it isn't?

Stealth

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

yeh im in Venezuela and i hear it on the news most days.
It's sad.i wonder, do YOU hear about the flood victims that are now homeless here in Venezuela and Colombia?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
hey im from new zealand, we've heard a decent ammount of it over here but i think thats cause nz just not up to much at the moment, i dont really know much about it because i dont watch news on tv or read the newspaper, but i've seen stuff about it online mainly this site though

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdWard54
PBS showed a couple of minutes of Brisbane flooding, mentioned toowanda (sp) and said virtually all of queensland is under water...

Failure to explain the floods on anything other than rains...but rains do not bring sharks inland, only a flood tide of ocean waters flowing INLAND would bring such creatures to Brisbane.

Of course, as with the birds/fish kills, not a truthful word of explanation. Birds/fish died from methane gas escaping the crust and these floods may just very well be caused by crustal displacement or tectonic plate movements WORLDWIDE not localized...

I expect soon the authorities will admit plate movements are causing indonesia to sink and queensland to fill with water from the ocean NOT rainwater runoff...
I agree there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye.The rivers are not draining as you would expect and i dont believe it all caused by rainfall.
IMHO of course...With all due respect to variant and diverse viewpoints posted here and elsewhere...

Is this a great country or what!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Hi Punterdeb, I'm in a large US metro area and watch ABC, CNN, and Fox news. I'm sad to say that precious little air time has been given to this MEGA disaster in Australia.

Our news sources in the US are highly politicized. I suspect that if it doesn't serve their (the corporations that own the media) political agenda, they do NOT spend a lot of time on it. It may not be reported at all. It's one of the reasons I'm online at sites like this -- to get a fuller idea of what's happening.

I have looked at the ATS thread on this mega-flood and this is a MAJOR story. Countless people traumatized by the loss of loved ones and EVERYTHING they've worked for. I don't even want to imagine what that's like.

It's not just what's happening right now (terrible as that is) but the AFTERMATH is just going to be overwhelming. What is going to happen to all these displaced people? It's going to cost an astronomical amount just to repair or replace the basic infrastructure that's been damaged & destroyed -- not to mention the buildings & homes. Businesses & jobs washed away -- it's going to take time to repair the economy of that area.

What can I say? My heart goes out to all the many, many people who have been impacted by this tragedy.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

I would have sad no, but I'm seeing more and more reports around the world, mainly Brazil.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When I logged into my yahoo, listed in the MSNBC top headlines mod is an article about floods turning an Australian town into a ghost town.
The floods are mentioned in a video in yahoo most recommended. They are calling it a tsunami. Online local news stations have taken mainstream media's articles.
I have not watched the broadcasts today, but typically the stuff they post online, they mention on the air.
I live in western washington.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm from Denmark, and can only say that the australian flooding is the main topic in our news. It's getting so much attention here, that you might think that nothing else ever happens here, so they have to use all news time on other countries disasters.

My thoughts are with you :-)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We do not subscribe to cable or satellite television, but we are reading about it on the internet. It's been the front page on Yahoo and MSN. Most news outlet websites are covering the shooting in AZ. We have people we consider family in Greenslopes, QLD. And we are so worried because we haven't heard from them.

Please stay safe and you are all in our prayers!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Indiana, USA here

It's not in my local news but I read about it on TIME.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No time to read the thread right now, so sorry.

Chiming in for the US and YES, its fully reported on line and cable news not so much as coverage, but it is always on the roll and updated on the roll as well (bottom of the screen). I do not watch free TV no idea.

More importantly, there is much going on in the US spiritual world on this topic. You have many prayers from all manner of theologies coming your way.

God Love You All and You are in Our Prayers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Online Streaming Coverage & Online maps

Mainstream Media

* ABC: www.abc.net.au...
Map of affected Towns: www.abc.net.au...
Map: Brisbane Suburbs at risk of flooding: www.abc.net.au...
* ABC Southern Queensland Emergencies: www.abc.net.au...
* 612 ABC Brisbane: www.abc.net.au...
Streaming Flood Coverage: www.abc.net.au...
* ABC North Coast NSW Emergencies: www.abc.net.au...
Streaming Flood Coverage: www.abc.net.au...
* Brisbane Times Flood Coverage: www.brisbanetimes.com.au...
Flood Map: www.brisbanetimes.com.au...
* Courier Mail: www.couriermail.com.au...
* SBS Floods coverage: www.sbs.com.au...
* News Limited Floods page: www.news.com.au...
* Crikey Floods Coverage: www.crikey.com.au...

Online Maps

* LIVE flood predictions, evac centres, ABC news and affected roads from BCC: elbflood-473794511.ap-southeast-1.elb.amazonaws.com...
Excellent ESRI Flex App, on the cloud for scalabilty!
* BCC flood predictions, warnings, imagery and historic flood data: www.soulsolutions.com.au...
Soulsolutions: BingMaps and Silverlight
* NSW floods & recent disasters (Aus e-Maps): ow.ly...
* North Coast NSW - Regional Road Information: www.myroadinfo.com.au...
Map of road status, closures
* Awesome mash-up of River levels, Road closures, and Predicted flood areas: mapvisage.appspot.com...
* Brisbane Flood Information and Inundation Maps (612 ABC Brisbane): www.abc.net.au...
* Aus e-Maps (Arek Drozda) Floodmaps: www.aus-emaps.com...,Queensland_Floods_Jan11&svs=1,1&xyz=135,-26,3
* Great collection of satellite imagery (ASTER, Landsat, MODIS) over Rockhampton (note: not working for me in IE8): /4k6n4kj
* Map of affected Towns: www.abc.net.au...
* Map: Brisbane Suburbs at risk of flooding: www.abc.net.au...
* EveryMap Community Alerts: www.everymap.com.au...
* ABC Qld Flood Crisis Map: queenslandfloods.crowdmap.com...
Live community reports submitted online, by SMS, email or Twitter. Register for localised alerts
* Brisbane Times Flood Map: www.brisbanetimes.com.au...
* BOM QLD River Maps: www.bom.gov.au...
* BOM NSW River Maps: www.bom.gov.au...
* BCC Flood maps: www.brisbane.qld.gov.au...
Alternate sites for flood maps: lexiphanic.com... or floods2011.com...
* QLD Traffic Cameras map: www.tmr.qld.gov.au...
* SBS Floods - GoogleMaps

Source - spatial21.blogspot.com...

Watch channel 9 extended coverage

news.ninemsn.com.au...

I hope this is helpful to some of our international friends who aren't able to keep track of what's happening.

-B.M
edit on 12/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The floods in Australia are making the headlines here in Canada. There have been multiple stories.

Here's the latest story from the CBC:

Brisbane Escapes Worst of Flood Disaster

It's making my local news also during the world segment.

All my best to all those affected and I hope there is a fairly speedy recovery.

Peace.

AS

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You should let us know who has denied aid to Australia, especially if it is the US, you guys were totally there for us after 9/11.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join