It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's all over the news here in Pennsylvania

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Southeast Houston & I ain't heard nuttin' except for what's here on ATS and a Yahoo article talking about how Brisbane avoided flood disaster.
http://news.yahoo.com...

However, top news is the landslide in Brazil which has affected 200-some-odd people.

Houston news is usually crap-ola and agenda-istic to begin with anyway, so that's really not saying much.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

The coverage is on drudgereport.com they have over 100 links to news outlets

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I saw some coverage of the flooding on it on FOX News this morning, Brisbane is getting smashed isn't it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

It is in Tucson AZ, and it was front page on CNN last night. I think that since the incident here has happened, the terror in Tucson has been the main uproar in the U.S. I feel that the flood is a terrible tragedy that was caused by nature, and I am sorry, if only nature had the rationality we do. People are more interested in insane people than weather events. Sad but true

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Regularly in our news:
uk.news.yahoo.com...

This and the video's at the bottom of this article is about all I have seen, along with articles on here of course.

Man I wish you guys all the luck possible, you have it so bad out there

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The flooding in Australia is being reported in our local media here in the Philippines. Even CNN and BBC are reporting it.

But what is not being reported in the MSM abroad is the flooding that is happening in our country now.

"At least 213,264 families or 1,120,685 people in 1,073 villages in 124 towns and 10 cities in 21 provinces had been affected."

Source

The latest news I have found:

"The heavy rains began shortly before New Year’s Eve and have affected 1.29 million people across 144 towns, including 338,000 who fled their homes or are receiving food or other aid from the government, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said in its latest bulletin."

Source

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

right but isn't it still your choice to watch only the local news? you can't really be surprised you haven't heard about it if you purposely avoid hearing about these things...

EDIT: My apologies, I should have read more of this thread before posting - you later state the international news you read, sorry if a was a bit defensive..

-B.M
edit on 12/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

My best wished to all those affected in the Philippines!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The flooding in Australia is being reported by our local media here in Hungary too, and we get a pretty good coverage because lots of Hungarians are living in Brisbane.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've been following the flooding story from the start.

Then again I use the BBC website so this isn't really an accurate indicator of what most Americans know...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well...I'm from New Zealand...which probably doesn't count as half us Kiwis leave over there anyway, given we're so often referred to as Aussies 'East Island'...

We're certainly watching with grave concern as so many of us here have family and friends over there...

All the very best...,much strength and prayers to you all...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The US will help out I am sure, all we need is a good concert with Bono or something to drum up awareness.

Oh, and if you guys need em, we have several really nice FEMA camps we could put your folks up in!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thestink

exactly, guess what else. during that telethon - 5 of our biggest local retailers could ONLY manage a pitiful 50,000
YET a scottish based airline that has only been here for 4 years, gave $1,000,000!!!

An independent airline has managed to match a entire nations government's contribution.

KFC&Subway QLD managed 50,000 - they would probably make that in a matter of days under normal circumstance...

-B.M

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Oh, and if you guys need em, we have several really nice FEMA camps we could put your folks up in!

Ha....ha.....ha.

get a f---ing life man.

-B.M

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I wonder if all this has any connection to the sun showing up 2 days early in the Artic and Antartic, the gulfstream going dead, etc.? Major changes are happening and I don't think there is a dang thing anyone can do about it. Might as well sit back and enjoy the best you can.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I just put this LINK on my FB page.

I don't watch any MSM news anymore. It is both a benefit, and a detriment to waste any of my attention on.

I wouldn't have known that our friends down under are under water had it not been for ATS.

I'm in the pacific northwest.

I find this news pretty upsetting for me, I can't imagine the adversity you good people are enduring.

Warmest regards.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thestink
Indonesian Tsunami..Australia gives $1 billion in aid, Pakistan floods..Australia gives $66.5 million in aid. THE WORST floods in Australian history destroys homes, towns, life and businesses...Australian government donates a lazy $1 million.. pull your finger out of your ass Anna Bligh and Gillard start looking after your own!

a facebook fail quote.

get your facts straight.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

that's awful, I'm sorry I did not know, so essentially, the islands above/near Australia are suffering too? to be honest we're kind of all in the same boat then and while we can help each other and will do, it seems that international support is what will make or break it for most of us.

donate - Phillipenes flood relief appeal
Red cross - how to donate - philippines floods

-B.M
edit on 12/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Only mention I've heard of it is online.

2nd line.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join