It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

yes UK - evidence , i know the town of rockhampton is now plagued with crocodiles and venemous snakes

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Canada here:

The news and updates here have been non stop since it began. Every news cast i have watched has had a segment about the floods, whether it was the top story of the day or later on, there has always been a segment.

Sending my prayers out to everyone of you there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Aussie Aussie Aussie! You know the rest. Australia is known for being a racist country across the globe but I've noticed we are usually front runners when it comes to pitching in with aid for countries suffering disasters and what not! We are sincerely good people down under! Where is the love! We are considered minnows in humanity and sometimes the laughing stock! Whateva earth! Clean you act up and do us in aus a solid. Give us a go! Help your brothers out cause right now we need it!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The BBC is all over it in India.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am in Chicago, USA and I've seen quite alot about this on the news. My fellow citizens must be watching different TV stations.

Saw stories on the flooding beginning yesterday on the local mid day news. (WGN). Saw more stories on NBC at 4pm.

I just went to check and found this -

Australia floods turn Brisbane into ghost town, WGN TV

(in checking this link I notice they have several videos on the OZ floods beneath the story.)

And this one -
Floods pour into Brisbane, ABC TV

You are getting news coverage here, I'm seeing it.

Stay safe ~

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hello from Ireland.....

Floods down under is not the main headline in Ireland at present. It is mentioned in the bulletins though. Then again its not surprising because there is not a day goes by that we dont hear of another banking scandal

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
French Canada Here.

As of last night, the news was being overshadowed by the one year anniversary of the Haiti quake, which is understandable given Montreal's important Haitian community. Though there's been some coverage of the developments since Monday, the flood story is rapidly coming to prominence.
edit on 12-1-2011 by laterallateral because: wrong day

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes, Canada has been reporting on the floods every day. They've been showing pictures of houses, in water up to the roofs, and horses swimming looking for a way out. It's so sad, my heart goes out to you guys. Not only do you have to deal with the waters still rising, but with poisonous snakes and other critters in the water.

They said they expected many of the houses to be completely underwater soon. I sure hope Australia can recover from this soon, it's such a large area that's flooded.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm in the US and I've heard about it from all the local news networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX), from CNN, here at ATS, Yahoo! News, and Reuters. It was from the local news that they described it as the size of France and Germany combined, and I thought "holy crap!"

Hope their situation gets better.
edit on 12-1-2011 by satron because: final point

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I live in crappy central Florida and I have seen it on various news stations like News 13, NBC and ABC. It has also been mentioned many times on Morning Express with Robin Meade on HLN.

I may not like the news channels but I still flip through them to see what is going on and they do show news from all over.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

In USA, PA not hearing much, but havent caught news fully lately. I first heard of it on ATS..
edit on 1/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I am in Georgia, but I only watch local news for weather (we have been snowed in for days now)

I have seen it on Fox and on varied news sources online. Fox had a long report about it yesterday, in fact, showing the cars surfing down the streets. I saw a woman standing on what appeared to be a bridge, close to an abutment, watching the cars flood down into the bridge where it meets the land. They did also talk about how it was headed to Queensland, and a lot of people (90) were missing and/or already presumed dead.

From the front page of Fox News: www.foxnews.com...
along with two videos:

January 12, 2011Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:32:27 GMT10:01 AM EST
Incredible Images of Australia Flooding
Raging Floods Devastate Australia

All of these links are on Drudgereport at the time of this posting:

Here is a link from MSNBC:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

A video:
(this was a part of what Fox News showed)

The Sun:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Reuters:
uk.reuters.com...

Daily Telegraph:
www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

So, perhaps it is not a lack of media, but a lack of people looking. Been a lot going on here since the shootings over the weekend in Arizona.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

What floods?
Midwest USA

Pretty much the worst floods in Australian history are happening here in Queensland at the moment. 75% of the entire state is underwater - thats an area larger than Texas, and the worst is yet to come within the next 24 hours. Its dwarfing Katrina.

But I guess Miley Cyrus's life is a little more important to the mainstream media internationally.

What floods?
Florida USA

This is horrible news and the first I have heard of this. It sounds unbelievable! Is there a website with more details or coverage that you can give us a link to? I am so sorry. When did this flood start? What caused it?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Some coverage here (South Carolina) but much more available on ATS. MSM is not a good source of info these days for the most important news of the world. If they cover it at all, they don't give proper emphasis (in my opinion.)

I wish all of our Aussie brothers and sisters peace, health, love and safety, especially during this emergency situation.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Canada here, it's making bigger headlines here than I've seen globally. But that's typical, we are known as the peacekeepers and want to jump board to help anyone we can. I'm from Newfoundland and we got nailed with Hurricane Igor in September as it ripped our province apart in many areas. All I can say is it's typical of the American media, all they care about is their celebrities and pop culture, along with a bit of pointless political debate. My heart goes out to Australia, the world needs to wake up and work together in times like these.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Savannah, GA here.

It was discussed on FOX this morning, but there has been no mention of it in either our local paper or local news.

This is horrible, and my heart and prayers go out to all of you in Australia. I've noticed that there have been a lot of earthquakes off the coast lately (only because I do get the email updates), but the floods only came to my attention yesterday.

Be safe!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm in the UK.
It IS being reported and it does usually make the first news item - along with any impressive footage of cars being washed away. But I still don't think it is being given the coverage it deserves.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I only have heard of the AZ occurance though not Australia. I know the AZ shooting is unfortunate and quite sad.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Was watching it this morning from the United States in Massachusetts...just horrible...one person was telling a story how two brothers and a mother were clinging to something..firemen or rescue came in and the older brother urged that they take the younger brother and unfortunately the older brother was soon swept away after the younger brother and mother were rescued....aboslutely horrible and to see how cars were just tossed around was amazing...so sorry for the folks in Australia..just horrible.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Massive coverage everywhere here in Michigan. Prayers to all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join