It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm in NYC and this is the first I've heard of this. Wow.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is a monumental natural disaster. And virtually no reporting of it here in the USA. Unbelievable!

From Examiner.com:

The sheer scale of the flooding across Queensland is amazing with a total area bigger than California and Texas combined having been flooded. NASA satellites from their perch 22,000 miles above the Earth have documented the event.

Isn't that like a fifth of Australia?

What the hell is going on? Why are they hiding devestation stories from us?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I am also in the USA and other than what I have seen here on ATS, I have not seen a single word of this in the MSM here is the US.

Frankly I am not surprised and this is part of what keeps me coming back to ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Punterdeb I would say that 12Voltz is actually talking about the whole situation in Queensland. The flooding actually started on Boxing Day up north.

www.sbs.com.au...

www.sbs.com.au...

For second evcuations and further proptery damage to occur in just weeks is mind boogling. It will take years to recover form the last month.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unionoffreehumans
attention this is general hercules and i rename your nation isralia....this nation is nothing more than an israeli military outpost and the biggest liar on earth...the illegitimate bastard upon the earth...the monster of the pacific...the klu klux klan of asia...an international terrorist that steels off the dead....this is your nation....

Damn your onto us ,what ever shall we Aussie's do now the secrets out ?

These flood have affected so many of my fellow countrymen it's heart breaking.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by doubleplusungood

There were some international appeals. I remember collection box at my local Australia Credit Union.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

they deserve a flood after that racist t.v. show they aired last year...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

vjr11, what do you mean you saw it coming as Australia is an island. Yes it is an island, but so large as it is a continent. The recent floods where a result of 2 things 1) rainfall 2) already saturated river systems due to floods late December\ early January. The flash flood seen Toowoomba (which is 700 m above sea level) was a result of warm air rushing up the escapement of the mountain range and dumped rain on the township. This combined with already swollen rivers from past flooding (I think stared 30th November) triggered the flash flooding.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by archer-11

Brisbane is getting destroyed mate. they said waters rose 3 metres in some places. Youtube it man. Soem of the videos show how bad it is.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

can i ask where you are from and what the bloody hell you are talking about a racist t.v show, cause i got no idea

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

can i ask where you are from and what the bloody hell you are talking about a racist t.v show, cause i got no idea

Well of course we wouldn't remember it punterdeb, didn't you read the other post? We're a KKK nation. It probably seemed completely normal to you and I.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

I think they’re talking about the Hey, Hey it’s Saturday episode where they recreated the Michael Jackson skit from over 25 years ago. Everyone focussed on the fact that white guys had ‘black face’ on instead of why they had it on.

It was a poke at Michael Jackson turning white which kind of was a ‘big deal’ to some 25 or so years ago when his nose shrank and his skin turned white. In the skit (performed by all white guys) the ones playing Michael’s brothers all had black makeup on, Michael had white makeup on. The guys had no malicious intent and if it wasn’t for that idiot Harry Connick jnr (a guest on the show) making a political correct song and dance it wouldn’t have even been noticed. It was white people saying “tsk tsk tsk, you shouldn’t have done that!” not people saying “you offended me!”. Well, at least not until the PC idiots put that into their heads.

American TV shows (oh yeah, and old British comedy) are the most racist things on Australian TV and they have the audacity to call this kettle black? I'm sorry, but when you have love in your heart and you crack a joke and some tool takes it out of context and calls you a 'hater' it really hurts you know!

Back to the topic:
Anyway I hope all the racists and the non racists are ok in the flood areas. No matter what you’ve done or have not done you are worthy of love!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is a man made disaster created to cut population.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've heard of a monster flood or two in the past few days. This might have been one of them. Plus hearing about Tennessee. This is something strange added in with the dead fish, dead birds, etc. In a short period of time. What do we have going on here folks? Polar shift? I heard the sun-rise was different somewhere, Iceland, Antartica? Can't remember where exactly I saw this. This is an "all-of-the-sudden" event(s). Granted we've had some goofy stuff happening, but all of these things happening in one short amount of time? And, I even remember reading about a polar shift somewhere, some article or link. So much to digest these days.

I'm sorry my Australian brothers from another country. I hope things get better so you guys can heal the damage.

Oh, I found an article on the early sunrise. It was Greenland.

halfastro.wordpress.com...

Troy
edit on 15-1-2011 by cybertroy because: found a link

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hammaraxx
reply to post by heffo7

Originally posted by heffo7
…To those people who have remarked on the lack of fatalities compared to Brazil, I think we can put this down to our amazing emergency services personnel and the way we Aussies look out for each other in a crisis.

As you could attest heffo7, one of the things we Aussies pride ourselves on is “looking out for ya mates”. In times like this that extends to strangers, even enemies if you are unlucky enough to have them.
Volunteers have overloaded the system with offers of help.
Food and clothing donations are being redirected as there is an overload at the emergency accommodation centres.
These tough times can bring out the best in us.
My thoughts are with everyone effected by this enormous tragedy.

You know what, I've never been "super patriotic" but it's times like these that I am damned proud to be an Aussie.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Are you being serious? Really? Hundreds of thousands of innocent people deserve to be punished because, what, 5 people decided to revive an old skit they did on a resurrected family TV show one night?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

i feel a bit offended by the lack of coverage, we are always really caring and helpful when nations have disasters. It is really touching to read the nice words on here though, just touching. God bless you all.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join