It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

What good would donating do? Most of it would go towards 'administration costs', it won't be tax deductable unless you are already the owner of a large business and frankly if your government want to really help they should cut their spending elsewhere... like military projects, for example, not keep asking the poor to fund the reconstruction.

Charity starts at home, but if the government don't want to help 'at home', what use is my couple of dollars? It's all paper and ink anyway - which part of that doesn't grow on trees?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
And what about Brasil? The situation there is much much worse. But it is always the same, white's life is always more expensive than everything else. White man's burden dude..white man's burden..

Duhhh what has this to do with the question and so much much much worse in Brasil,say that to al the people in the waters of Qeensland what is worse????? They all are in trouble and I do not want it to happen to not one of them black,white,purple,green or whatever!! Begin a tread about Brasil so I will say!! And that is also on the news in the Netherlands the disaster in Brasil!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'll second that
Although if yesterday's 20/20 was anything to go by....

But to the OP does it really matter if this is being reported overseas or not?? Just do what the rest of us do and search online sources... it's not that hard.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

We're being told this is a horrible disaster, but, uh..................it's the new TV show season, and besides, a congresscritter almost died. Just saying........and a meh...........

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hi Im from Poland Europe. The flood in Australia is top news for the past few days. It has been stated that a territory equal to that of Germany + France is underwater...this is unbelievable and terrible. The pictures of floating cars and only rooftops visible from underwater is shoking. Poland experienced floods in May 2010 also on a scale unprecedented , but we are a much smaller country so the area covered with water was a lot smaller. But the tragedy of individuals losing every thing they posses is the same for all....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Central Indiana here
*wave*... reporting in that I have known about the flooding for a while via the Internet, and NPR. The reports are very short, and infrequent - but, the flooding is being mentioned.

I would like to offer sincere apologizes on behalf of the concerned citizens of American for our lackluster media (and their corporate owners) coverage of the ongoing disaster in Oz. (And *they* wonder why they are so irrelevant to society at large
)

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestink
Indonesian Tsunami..Australia gives $1 billion in aid, Pakistan floods..Australia gives $66.5 million in aid. THE WORST floods in Australian history destroys homes, towns, life and businesses...Australian government donates a lazy $1 million.. pull your finger out of your ass Anna Bligh and Gillard start looking after your own!

Utter BS. You are talking out of your backside. This is not the time for pathetic political sniping. Get a life.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sitting here in Oslo, Norway. And This is the 1st I've heard about these floods in Australia. Granted, I haven't watched TV for 7 years but still... One would think this would be huge news here.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Hey, I am from Ireland and I literally just watched a 20 min long piece on the floods in Australia on ITV news, I am sorry to see such devastation in such a beautiful country.

One part described a young boy who was swept away because he told rescuers to save his younger brother first, what a hero. The news here is saying the flood water is receding, hopefully that is true so u guys can start to rebuild.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkeltje

No, it is not about you. It is directed to the media and politics. Look, Obama cried for six dead people shot, but what about all innocents killed in Iraq? How can you not cry after seeing videos published by Wikileaks? This hypocracy, i hope, will bring the end of this world.
edit on 13-1-2011 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They are covering Australia really quite well here in Western Canada. Sounds like much of the southern hemisphere is flooding and the Northern hemisphere is freezing. I know it's winter up here in the North and Summer down there in the South, but it does seem to be on the extreme's thus far. In Alberta where I live it snowed 14 inches in two days and it has been way colder than average for most of this winter. Europe experiencing colder than usual weather. Brazil floods killing people as well as Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka..ect. These are massive floods damaging hundreds of miles and displacing hundreds of thousands of people. These times we're living in sure are becoming interesting. Volcanoes, floods, magnetic poles shifting, cooling global temps, random large groups of birds/fish dying off..ect.
edit on 13-1-2011 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

They will be donation alot more than that... i think you have figures wrong. perhaps add an extra couple of zero's.

They have already pledged to repair all infrastructure and are handing out cash payments as we speak to flood effected people.

Billions buddy not millions.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Im currently in the South East U.S. I do tend to keep up on the News. Before the Shooting out in AZ, the flooding news was common sight.

What I've seen reported : Worst Floods in 75 Years. 13 People have died. Some talk about peoples private Yachts drifting off if the waters get much higher. Couple of Dams are near 200% capacity. I also think maybe you had 1 or 2 damn breaches. I have also seen what appears to be very localized news coverage, to one area. Very few photo's of the anything but a couple homes with a roof popping up out of the water.

Hope that helps. Maybe you can keep us up to date.

God Bless ~

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
For those in the dark, an interactive map of the flooded areas with photos, UK site of course.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Seen it in the news
Colombia is in the same situation if not worse and i really doubt it's being reported. John McCain tho, came here to help with the situation.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The news about flooding in Queensland is being circulated in the US but is not headline news as it should be. I believe i first picked it up on Yahoo news it was a few days ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Obama sent what 5 million to Palestinian Hezbollah members and let them relocate in the US.. what have we sent to our brothers "Down South" in Aussie land.?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Texas here. I see the Australian floods all over the news. Drudgereport, cnn, msnbc...every where. Have watched posted videos of the 25 ft wall of water taking all the cars away and everything. Major news to me

"....and the seas will rise up...." hhhmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I've seen some snippets of news concerning the Australian and Brazilian floods. I'm in Arizona, USA. Unfortunately our news is currently saturated with the whole tragic shooting that happened in Tucson. But from what I'm reading of the floods, I'm concerned that the ocean currents have changed and are affecting what used to be normal El Nino/La Nina patterns.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

NPR (public radio) did a piece on it that I heard on the way home from work yesterday. Otherwise, not a peep. Then again I don't watch news on TV or read the paper/websites. They're all garbage.

And as the above poster said, our media is filled with talk about the recent shooting in Arizona. (And is that the guy from Black Hole? They're apparently remaking that movie - same guy that did the recent Tron flick.)
edit on 13-1-2011 by an0maly33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join