It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

you mean underwater state, like i care.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by squandered

i live with love just not for you.

and i am on the level with you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fianna
reply to post by auswally

i tell you why even though i dont feel like writing anymore about this junk.

queensland, contains a certain straind of tree that can possibly cure cancer, called the blushwood shrub . only located in queensland. for your refrence www.couriermail.com.au...

and guess what they dont want any other person to have it.

i personally wrote to so many people trying to get this strand of tree and was told pretty much to go f myself (literally)

so now im saying it back to you.

Where do you live? Ever heard of a thing called biosecurity? I am an organic and medicinal chemist and I can tell you that if this compound has demonstrated anti-cancer activity, it will most likely be in the stages of research in development. It is unfortunate that these things take so long to get to market, if they do (not many do) - but it is all for good reason. There is no such thing as a magic 'cure-all' for cancer - each cancer is different. Taking drugs through R&D and all of the clinical trials is to make sure that firstly, it will work and secondly, that it won't cause more damage than the therapeutic benefits are worth.

You shouldn't take out your own personal grievances on one department of one section of where ever you called out on all of QLD. That is not fair on the people that are suffering and are continuing to suffer so much.

In the words of my Grandmother, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

Edit. I read the article just now. "Possible" cancer cure - and that written in the courier mail, of all sources. do you know how many 'possible' cancer cures have been found and later proved useless or too toxic? Hundreds of thousands. You should not be so keen to put all of your eggs into one basket.
edit on 13-1-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well here in Holland we get all the news.. We know about brisbane and abnormal flooding...... But we dont hear the cause of the floodings. I heard that the eastern indo australian continental plate is rising. Therfore the water collects itself on the most lower part of that plate. Btrisbane is that part!!. I got this from niburunews.com, not from mainstream media

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fianna

i tell you why even though i dont feel like writing anymore about this junk. queensland, contains a certain straind of tree that can possibly cure cancer, called the blushwood shrub . only located in queensland. for your refrence www.couriermail.com.au... and guess what they dont want any other person to have it. i personally wrote to so many people trying to get this strand of tree and was told pretty much to go f myself (literally) so now im saying it back to you.

Wow blaming the whole of Australia because our government that runs flora and fauna didn't give you a bush, amazing comment, If it were that true and you firmly believe it to be, why didn't you travel to Qld and just take it and use it.

Wal

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ikke24

I was completely unaware of the sharks in the street. This is by far the most terrifying thing I have ever heard of. Ever. Oh. My.

Peace be with those people.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Hello there from Poland, we have your catastrophy covered almost every day in our evening news. Last time they showed an infograhic that the land of Australia which is flooded equals the France and Germany together. I wish you luck and hope it will end soon,

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EclecticallyYours
reply to post by ikke24

I was completely unaware of the sharks in the street. This is by far the most terrifying thing I have ever heard of. Ever. Oh. My.

Peace be with those people.

There was only one siting that I've heard of.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Hey wavemaker, I tried to bring attention to this yesterday in this thread:

MSM and their reporting of the pacific flood tragedies

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Because I was told it was protected plant even though they were farming the tree, which i hope is 10 feet under at this point.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
My dad listens to the Russian Radio.
Heard about congress person getting shot.
Didn't hear anything about the floods

Oh how united the people of the world are.

Anyways i wonder what this looks like on satellite, perhaps they're not showing? :O

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
In Finland the coverage has been pretty wide. First of all the how huge the disaster is has been told on all major media outlets pretty thoroughly, and then some "smaller" stories, or should I say more detailed stories has been told here and there on a daily basis. Like just now I read that some tugboat saved lives by towing some floating missile heading to a city/town. Here everyone is quite well informed of the disaster your under right now.

link   
reply to post by gigaherc

with all due respect. I dont think that any of it is getting covered properly. I also think that there are more important things to talk about globally. Instead business bulletins, football, banks etc etc.

They dont and havent really explained fully the
Oz flooding
Earthquakes
volcanic eruptions
landslides
Birds, fish.......need i go on?

Theyre trying to pass the Oz floods as not as bad as they thought?
Do they realize the foundations will be weakened on those big buildings?
How can they possibly contempolate how much damage there is when its still flooded?

link   

Nevermind

Anyways look at the 20 KM key.
That's ALOT of water

www.examiner.com...
edit on 13-1-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

They dont and havent really explained fully the Oz flooding Earthquakes volcanic eruptions landslides Birds, fish.......need i go on?

Oh derrrrr why do they need too. everything can and is explained by mother nature, what are you saying this hasn't happened before. geese Louise, what you think there is a conspiracy here ?

Wal

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Isn't Colombia also seeing the worst winter in history, worst than Australia? And they are getting no attention. Sad.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
This is not a post for the sake of just posting.

PLEASE...can people from countries other than australia let us here all know if this absolute tragic disaster is being reported overseas?

How much media coverage is this story of the floods receiving. Please take 2 minutes of your time to tell us what country or state you are from and is it on the main news, just in the papers or you didnt even know about it.

Hi, in England there is a lot of coverage on national news, such a tragic disaster as you say. I wasn't aware that 1974 saw as bad if not worse flooding but that may be due to my age. All my thoughts are with you if you or your loved ones are directly affected.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by gigaherc

with all due respect. I dont think that any of it is getting covered properly. I also think that there are more important things to talk about globally. Instead business bulletins, football, banks etc etc.

They dont and havent really explained fully the
Oz flooding
Earthquakes
volcanic eruptions
landslides
Birds, fish.......need i go on?

Theyre trying to pass the Oz floods as not as bad as they thought?
Do they realize the foundations will be weakened on those big buildings?
How can they possibly contempolate how much damage there is when its still flooded?

They are mostly comparing to the 1974 floods we had, which were only slightly higher than what they reached today. It was a positive thing in amongst all the devastation, which is nice. Certainly nice than one of the news sites here in QLD calling places 'death valley' - like we need those sorts of headlines with a flood to deal with!

Two of the most tragic stories I've heard today:

www.news.com.au... 46

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
290 people killed in flash floods in Brazil. That is under reported too.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hello from Brazil. Here the Australian flood is receiving some coverage on the news, usually right after the reports on our own disaster. Best wishes to all those people.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join