It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is not a post for the sake of just posting.

PLEASE...can people from countries other than australia let us here all know if this absolute tragic disaster is being reported overseas?

How much media coverage is this story of the floods receiving. Please take 2 minutes of your time to tell us what country or state you are from and is it on the main news, just in the papers or you didnt even know about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I am from Indiana in the good ol' USA and I have not heard anything about it from anywhere other than ATS

Mind you I don't watch the news more than 20 minutes a day but still you would think an EPIC flooding such as this would be all over the news

Jr.
edit on 12-1-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: Grammatics

edit on 12-1-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hi
here the Netherlands

We been informed that there are dosins of people death
a lot of km's of land are submerged,
sharks swimming through the streets of Brisbane
people are being rescued

is that it? or is there more?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

What floods?
Midwest USA

Edit to add: ... a link to our local crap news media so you can see for yourself.

Our news may differ from other countries in that every state that I've lived in... ~8 states total mostly mid and western states ONLY cover the local stuff... The locals leave the international news to the national stations.

edit on 1·12·11 by DrMattMaddix because: additional info

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Chicago here, just checking in. 2 minutes were dedicated to the disaster in Australia, on CBS, after Haiti quake relief story, just this AM (3:45 CST)

I may have missed any mention, earlier, by my not really tuning in. Coverage is non-existent to minimal.
edit on 12-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Indonesian Tsunami..Australia gives $1 billion in aid, Pakistan floods..Australia gives $66.5 million in aid. THE WORST floods in Australian history destroys homes, towns, life and businesses...Australian government donates a lazy $1 million.. pull your finger out of your ass Anna Bligh and Gillard start looking after your own!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Crazy. I guess not enough people died to warrant the floods getting coverage. Nevermind the hundreds of thousands of displaced people, a major Australian city being effectively shut down - a real life example of SHTF.

link   

I see it on the msn but not as much as we would have seen it in previous decades not even 1st item status, in the UK we're not seeing any of the European flooding even on Euronews, I guess this is what you get when oil companies own the meejah.

+10 more 
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

What floods?
Midwest USA

Pretty much the worst floods in Australian history are happening here in Queensland at the moment. 75% of the entire state is underwater - thats an area larger than Texas, and the worst is yet to come within the next 24 hours. Its dwarfing Katrina.

But I guess Miley Cyrus's life is a little more important to the mainstream media internationally.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
thanks to those who have replies so far.......im shocked. especially the response coming from america so far.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have been reading on this extensively and keeping tabs of the events as they occur in Queensland, Australia but I did not even hear of this until a few days ago on AboveTopSecret. There is absolutely NO reporting of what is occurring in Australia on either my local news or on the national news outlets of FOX or MSNBC. I do watch a lot of news, about 6 hours a day the news is on my TV with the volume on so I would have heard about it.

Unfortunately as Australia is having one of its largest floods in history there is absolutely no news of it here in the US. That makes me both sad and furious.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

What floods?
Midwest USA

Pretty much the worst floods in Australian history are happening here in Queensland at the moment. 75% of the entire state is underwater - thats an area larger than Texas, and the worst is yet to come within the next 24 hours. Its dwarfing Katrina.

But I guess Miley Cyrus's life is a little more important to the mainstream media internationally.

Sorry to hear that , I used to talk to Aussies daily since I was working at Int'l software co. What a great bunch of people that I talked to... Rarely a bad bloke as they say.

I don't care about Hanna Banana I know about her only because of nieces.

You'll be in our prayers. GoD RuLeS. GoD RoCKS. Keep the faith!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
too right cant stand when all you here is news from other countries all the time or about some countries celebrities and they wont even report on our biggest natural disaster in the countries history

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

People that know better here in America get their news from over seas

Personally, I haven't checked UK and Indian sites in the last 48 hours or so...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
In the USA it is being reported but you will only see for the last several days if you really pay attention to global news. (I do.)
The shooting of a congresswoman and judge and the resulting political (don't know what to call it!) 'stuff' have dominated the news.
CNN is now carrying it front page US edition but it is still small.
I let my circle of friends know about it. I'm sending you guys my thoughts and hopes it will get better soon.
I love Australia. My entire family does. I want you guys to be ok.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It has been pretty much the headline news here in the UK for several days, both BBC and Sky news have it well covered

BBC News

Sky News

Edit to add links
edit on 12-1-2011 by cazzy2211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It is being widely reported here in the UK and my heart goes out to all of those involved.

What isn't being reported as widely though is the flooding in Sri Lanka (18 Dead, 200,000 displaced) and the flooding in the Phillipines (40 dead, over 1mil affected) that is happening at the same time.

Sri Lanka
Phillipines

It appears that all the media focus is on the western world and not on the "third world" countries.

It's sad state of affairs around the pacific at the moment with lots of people being torn from their daily lives with absolutely no power to do anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

My fiance and I were just discussing this yesterday and as she will tell you I am more than angry about the fact that Brisbane is under water and all the attention is on the shooting in Arizona. While that is a huge thing the fact of the matter is the floods deserve at least some attention MY GOD BRISBANE IS UNDER WATER FOR -self snip- SAKE!!!!!

I will definatly keep you Aussies in my thoughts and I will be contacting a few local news agencies when the offices open up

Keep your heads up down there

Jr.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I read alot of British news sites on a daily basis, and I watch the news regularly throughout the day. It isn't the main focus of our news headlines to be honest. It seems to be touched upon for a minute or so, longer news shows give a few more minutes, but I don't think we're being shown the true extent of the problem. It's simply a case of 'flooding in Australia, it's apparently getting worse. Now onto our next story...'.

Haiti got alot of airtime, but Oz isn't getting anywhere near as much.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
UK:

The BBC is reporting it quite heavily.

The disaster is normally fairly close to the top of the headlines, and it is also being reported in the printed press.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join