It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are not ready to meet the demands of tomorrow, then we shouldn't get out of bed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Whatever the cause, our earth's climate is changing. No one can deny this as it affects every human on our small planet. But, people still try to.

I believe it's a problem of denial. People are in denial of the fact that, whether or not we've caused it, our planet's climate is changing. They come up with ideas and solutions to keep our Earth the way it is. It is most definitely in our interest to reduce our pollution greatly, at the least for our own health and the health of future generations. We need clean water, safe food, and highly efficient forms of energy if our species is to survive and thrive. The problem is the rampant denial that we must adapt to our environment rather than change our environment. We must adapt.

Ice ages have come and gone. Glaciers melted in the north and slid down into the United States. They sheered off the top soil of what is now northern Illinois. This top soil was pushed into southern Illinois and is the reason for hills, bluffs, and the abundance of soil that is perfect for farming. This could only have happened if our Earth's environment had changed as it did.

People like how they live, from the warm air and sun all year round in Florida to the huge snowstorms in Minnesota. They have come to accept that this is how things are and it is how they should be. They are resistant to change.

I know this may sound like a rambling thread. It's late and I need sleep. I just wanted to share my thoughts. I'd like to sum it all up with this: If we aren't willing to evolve, adapt, and progress then we are doomed to fail. The world is changing and it's a challenge we all have to face.

I don't mean to paint a bleak picture of humanity, but this is how I see it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
advice get out of america

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
the reason we have come through previous ice age/ droughts/ earth changes is because we adapted

i really agree with you.

we need to be ready to move our society with the change in our ecology.

all the modern "global warming" science seems to want, is a way to tax us, or make us give more money.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

My advice is you put more thought into a post than that. I know it seems hard for people to set aside their nationalism. I have faith in you.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
the reason we have come through previous ice age/ droughts/ earth changes is because we adapted

i really agree with you.

we need to be ready to move our society with the change in our ecology.

all the modern "global warming" science seems to want, is a way to tax us, or make us give more money.

That's precisely what I'm saying. Obviously, we didn't have clothes at first to protect us from the elements. We were picking berries and nuts all day. What did we do? We killed an animal. High-calorie diets consisting of meat allowed our ancestors the leisure time to think. This in turn led to animal skins being used for clothes. It also led to pre-civilized humans to think up civilization, art, music, etc.

The problems we face are monumental. There are more humans on Earth than there have ever been. I think they should all be taken care of. A carbon tax is the last thing we need. The corporations can end up paying more to allow them to pollute and we get stuck with the bill. We don't need that. It does nothing but rape us of our livelihood. We need to change. We need to adapt. We need clean water in Africa. We need homeless of all nations off the street. We need to take care of ourselves and each other. But, we don't do that. We're too busy texting on our phones, buying the latest iThing, and eating our eighth meal of the day.

What will advanced civilizations think of us? They certainly won't agree with us that we are civilized by any means.

top topics

join