It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords' Arizona shooting prompts Republican resignations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't bother feeding the troll.................they keep posting about him being a hero etc,

Show us one post where someone claims he is a hero.

Try reading the thread .. whatukno LIES (again) saying that the shooter is a Tea Party Hero.

Originally posted by whatukno
now TEA Party hero Jared Loughner did what Queen Palin dictated. t.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am going to add to the list of candidates that used violent rhetoric during the 2010 election campaigns.

Stephen Broden, a Tea Party candidate, said he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership.

www.dallasnews.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
first of all I am tired of hearing folks
lump all Tea Partiers in the same
boat. We're not all the same.

secondly, the GOP started this
lil inter-war by trying to hijack
the Tea Party movement. You
may wanna call it self defense.

thirdly, when the martial law
boots hit the streets, we will
ALL become Tea Partiers.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When people start competing over whose politicians are worse that should set off some alarms.

Glad to see it's not.

Here's hoping for more authoritarian crackhead rule and more cannibalism. Idiots.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I am having the same conversation about Palin, Angle, Bachman, Beck, etc. as I was a week ago and a week before that and before that.

Why aren't you haveing the same conversation about the same bull coming from the left? The same type of target map .. the same type of rhetoric, worse in some cases ... if you really are so darn concerned then why haven't you been speaking out about when the left does it?
The Progressive Climate of Hate - an Illustrated primer 2000-2010

does not excuse these people from the violent crap they have been spewing.

Do you excuse Obama for his violent crap that he's been spewing? 'bring a gun to the knife fight' ... 'fight the enemies' (fellow americans who think differently), etc?

Running around saying people are calling him a hero is about as sick and low as one can get in an attempt just to smear another side. No one has called him a hero.

Resident troll whatukno did. He lied and said the Tea Party was calling him a hero

. I was worried about the violent scary gun talk in November. .

Why weren't you worried about it during the election back in 2008 when the left had all the 'kill palin' talk? Only supposedly 'worried' about it when it focus' on the dipstick Palin?

edit on 1/12/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thank you , JohnnyCanuck!

Perhaps clarification lies in the simple observation that Americans sometimes have an alarming tendency to effect political change through the barrel of a gun. Mind you...this was not a political act, it was the act of a seriously ill individual. Perhaps he was torn apart by the rhetoric, but I've no doubt his illness would have manifested itself in some other extreme manner.

This is the most thoughtful post I have seen from you in a while.

The others having the typical knee jerk reactions are 'getting old'.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Stephen Broden, a Tea Party candidate, said he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership.

Thomas Jefferson expected (and seemed to think it would be a disappointment if the USA didn't have) armed overthrow of our federal government.

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Source

Just wanted to put it out there again that some of the founding fathers thought that we would be shirking our duty as citizens if we let the federal government take away our liberty.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Obviously the founding fathers had a remedy in place for a tyrannical government. However, if the majority of the constituents in a district vote a certain way and Stephen Broden, along with the Tea Party, doesn't like it, then they are not entitled to violently overthrow the democratically elected government. Actually, that would make him and his followers the tyrants.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Regarding your last sentence...

Actually, that would make him and his followers the tyrants.

The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society.

Reading Jefferson, you will see that the elected majority can be a tyrant, in that founding fathers opinion.

Right now, I am not urging armed insurrection, backing up anyone who does or condoning the acts of a madman. I am just putting some facts on the table.
ETA:

Here is another of Jeffersons quotes from the same site that I linked to earlier:

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now.

Anyone here think that the government doesn't have their hands in both our medicine and our diet?

edit on 12-1-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Reading Jefferson, you will see that the elected majority can be a tyrant, in that founding fathers opinion.

However, accusations of tyranny, does not make one a tyrant. I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

ETA:

The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society.

By this quote, every elected government official since the first ballot was cast in this country, is a tyrant. There has always been and always will be someone (an individual) that is oppressed, as you can't please all the people all the time.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Jared Loughner, from all evidence, had some serious mental health issues. I will not try to blame anyone else's words for his misdeeds.

This is off-topic so I will leave with this. Some might consider the majority forcing an individual to purchase health insurance to be tyrannical. While I can't speak for the dead man, Jeffersons writings would seem to back that opinion up.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you Benevolent Heretic, and everyone else who responded to my question. I feel I have a better understanding of the situation now, and can see the reasoning behind these people standing down in fear .

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by TrueBrit

Because the TEA Party threatened that there would be harsh ramifications if the GOP didn't do everything they demanded when they demanded it and how they demanded.

Nothin' like a group of radical fundamentalists holding a whole philosophy hostage eh?

Yea and who knows maybe some day they will be able to rise to the postions and influence that the Weathermen now have.
I dont know of any radical TP that have written radical revolutionary books like the famous ex weatherman but who knows! Maybe one is in the works. Dont think they could out do a title like "Prairie Fire" for pure effect but we will see.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My question is why has it taken so long for congress to be targeted? Congress over the past century has been complicit in the deaths of millions, the tax enslavement of the American people, and the destruction of all liberty in this nation. If I am a member of an organization does that mean I am immune from the consequence of my actions? If we were a nation of laws most of congress would face treason trials.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sounds like another RINO got 'outed'.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No one is blaming anyone but the shooter for the shooting.

I see a lot of people blaming this Loughner guy but I haven't seen a single shred of evidence demonstrating he was the one who did the shooting. A congressional representative and a federal judge and not one camera recorded this happening? How do we know this guy is anything other than a patsy? All we've seen is some disparaging # said about him by the police, about a dozen words from a letter he supposedly wrote taken entirely out of context and clearly meaningless without that context, he referred to "my assassination", what does that mean, the one he planned or the one he thought was coming that day? A death threat is all it would take to get him out of his house and running, which is what his father last reported him doing. Where is the actual evidence this guy had anything to do with it?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Yea and who knows maybe some day they will be able to rise to the postions and influence that the Weathermen now have.
I dont know of any radical TP that have written radical revolutionary books like the famous ex weatherman but who knows! Maybe one is in the works. Dont think they could out do a title like "Prairie Fire" for pure effect but we will see.

Here you go.

Give Us Liberty: A TEA Party Manifesto

I am sure Dick Army has very little radical influence though.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PlautusSatire

and here you go

Arizona shooting caught on tape, surveillance video recorded Tucson massacre

You really thinkg that he got a death threat and was so scared that he ran away...to his congress on the corner meeting? Are you suggesting the witnesses are all lying, mistaken, hypnotized, in on it? Who am I to say he is guilty but I am not about to stand behind you on this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join