It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords' Arizona shooting prompts Republican resignations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Gabrielle Giffords' Arizona shooting prompts Republican resignations

www.azcentral.com

Miller, a 43-year-old Ahwatukee Foothills resident and former campaign worker for U.S. Sen. John McCain, was re-elected to a second one-year term last month. He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/2011 by Majic because: Fixed URL code (the board parser breaks up long strings)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So... the first few ones resigning because they ``fear`` the Tea Party... really? This guy needs to take his meds.

Basically this shows the MSM propaganda really did it's job of blaming the shooting on Tea Parties and saying that they are dangerous lunatics that could go postal on elected people at any time...

Another propaganda victory for the empire.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/12/2011 by Majic because: Fixed URL code (the board parser breaks up long strings)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Probably wasn't propaganda at all, this person had a very real, very credible fear of the lunatics of the TEA Party who for two years now have been threatening lawmakers and now TEA Party hero Jared Loughner did what Queen Palin dictated.

There is reason for him to be worried. These people have a taste for blood now and I think it might just get worse from here on out.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wait a second, I do not understand. I thought it would be the democrats who would be running for the hills on this one? Why should republicans give a rats behind about it ?
I was lead to believe that the person who was targeted and shot (appart from the innocent bystanders) was a Democrat, not a Republican. Ergo, Republicans running about , soiling thier over priced pants makes little sense.
There is no evidence of a link between the two things, so why should any form of link be alluded to? Utterly tenuous if you ask me!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts...

So let me get this straight.

He, and several others resigned because of "verbal attacks" and posts on the internet. Since when did this become a new thing?

Sounds like they were paid to resign so it highlights how their "lives are in danger", trying to manipulate the public into accepting "tough new laws" that will make it "safe" again...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Because the TEA Party threatened that there would be harsh ramifications if the GOP didn't do everything they demanded when they demanded it and how they demanded.

Nothin' like a group of radical fundamentalists holding a whole philosophy hostage eh?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well no there isnt, but I was lead to believe that the Tea Parties and such were a Republican movement, rather than being truely independant of either of the two power parties in American politics. As such, attacking or targeting Republican figures would be detremental to the ability of that movement to get the changes they are requesting through government. Even these figures leaving thier seats decreases the ability of the Tea Parties to get thier way surely ?
And lets face it, Im sure where a group hijacking a philosophy is concerned , that there are far more dangerous examples in America. Off the top of my head I would say the federal reserve is one of those. Apparantly its not even a proper government department, but it owns and controls the way capitalism occurs in the US, at least thats what I am told in posts across this site by persons who live there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So... the first few ones resigning because they ``fear`` the Tea Party... really? This guy needs to take his meds.

People should read the whole article:

A nasty battle between factions of Legislative District 20 Republicans and fears that it could turn violent in the wake of what happened in Tucson on Saturday prompted District Chairman Anthony Miller and several others to resign.
He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety.
The first and only African-American to hold the party's precinct chairmanship, Miller said he has been called "McCain's boy," and during the campaign saw a critic form his hand in the shape of a gun and point it at him.

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

Yes, he's afraid of the Tea Party. They're the ones threatening him. I think I would resign, too. Is that how the Tea Party is hoping to get their seats? Threaten and hound the Republicans out of their offices?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Again, it makes no sense for the Tea Parties to attack persons who share the Republican root with them. Its not as if democrats are Tea Party members ! So for the very last time, what do Tea Parties have to gain from attacking persons who share the same political space as they do , and how is that going to help them , when clearly the less republicans in office, the less voice they actualy have in government?
Answers , clear ones please , because this is seriously confusing.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Good post. S&

More:

A longtime Republican activist, McComish said contentious battles for local party leadership posts are nothing new, but this one appears to be more extreme, especially since there are no partisan elections in 2011 and by next year district boundaries will change.

Kolb said the Tea Party and associated conservative groups ran their slate of candidates for seven Dist. 20 leadership positions, winning three -- the treasurer's post and two vice-chairmanships. However, Miller beat challenger Thomas Morrissey for the top post...

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I thought that the Tea Party line was that they were neither Republican nor Democrat but Americans just like you and me? Have they officially signed on to one party and given up trying to pretend they are independant?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
his person had a very real, very credible fear of the lunatics of the TEA Party who for two years now have been threatening lawmakers

You are confused. When it comes to threatening, the Tea Party has nothing on the radical left.
Starting with Barack 'bring a gun to the knife fight' Obama .. right down to his zombie imps -
The Progressive Climate of Hate - an Illustrated primer 2000-2010

and now TEA Party hero Jared Loughner did what Queen Palin dictated.

Tea party hero? :shk: Do you even read the crap you post before putting it out there?

Originally posted by whatukno
Because the TEA Party threatened that there would be harsh ramifications if the GOP didn't do everything they demanded when they demanded it and how they demanded.

Yeah .. harsh ramifications .. as in they'd organize and get their message out and make sure that, through election efforts, GOPers who weren't fiscally responsible were either not elected at all or that they wouldn't win reelection. To purposely mis-interpret that is disingenuous at best

edit on 1/12/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Joyce Kaufman to her Tea Party followers -

“And I don’t care how this gets painted by the mainstream media. I don’t care if this shows up on YouTube, because I am convinced that the most important thing the founding fathers did to ensure me my First Amendment rights was they gave me a Second Amendment. And if ballots don’t work, bullets will. I’ve never in my life thought that the day would come where I would tell individual citizens that you are responsible for being the militia that the founding fathers designed – they were very specific. You need to be prepared to fight tyranny: whether it comes from outside or it comes from inside.”
So urce

You were saying?

edit on 12-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a Tea Party, a Republican party, a Democratic party, or a Libetarian party. They make these things up as they go. Please tell me you dont believe Ron Paul is the good guy out to destroy tyranny and corruption.

If you believe that these parties exist then you should believe in Mind Control as well because you are a victim of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Again, it makes no sense for the Tea Parties to attack persons who share the Republican root with them. Its not as if democrats are Tea Party members ! So for the very last time, what do Tea Parties have to gain from attacking persons who share the same political space as they do , and how is that going to help them , when clearly the less republicans in office, the less voice they actualy have in government?
Answers , clear ones please , because this is seriously confusing.

Perhaps clarification lies in the simple observation that Americans sometimes have an alarming tendency to effect political change through the barrel of a gun.

Mind you...this was not a political act, it was the act of a seriously ill individual. Perhaps he was torn apart by the rhetoric, but I've no doubt his illness would have manifested itself in some other extreme manner.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Don't bother feeding the troll.................they keep posting about him being a hero etc, just another leftist in loony land. They don't want to talk about the actual reasons and how the shooter is the only one responsible. I have yet to see one fact back up their stupid claims..............just igore them and let them wallow in their delusions.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Whole separate situation. That nut has nothing to do with Republican resignations in the area as discussed by the OP.
From YOUR source

Kaufman’s violent statements, specifically that when election results don’t turn out how you want, a gun is your only option, is not by any means representative of the Tea Party, yet is precisely the rhetoric that opponents of the Tea Party would like to highlight in order to discredit the entire movement

And as I pointed out ... the LEFT has plenty of the same crap being spewed. Both sides have it. But to point at the Tea Party and say the Arizona shooter is their hero ... that's just SICK.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Sinnthia

Whole separate situation. That nut has nothing to do with Republican resignations in the area as discussed by the OP.
From YOUR source

Kaufman’s violent statements, specifically that when election results don’t turn out how you want, a gun is your only option, is not by any means representative of the Tea Party, yet is precisely the rhetoric that opponents of the Tea Party would like to highlight in order to discredit the entire movement

And as I pointed out ... the LEFT has plenty of the same crap being spewed. Both sides have it. But to point at the Tea Party and say the Arizona shooter is their hero ... that's just SICK.

You seem confused. My post was a direct rebuttal of your claim made here

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You are confused. When it comes to threatening, the Tea Party has nothing on the radical left.
Starting with Barack 'bring a gun to the knife fight' Obama .. right down to his zombie imps -

with evidence that negates the falsehood you are trying to push with the above statement.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
So for the very last time, what do Tea Parties have to gain from attacking persons who share the same political space as they do , and how is that going to help them , when clearly the less republicans in office, the less voice they actualy have in government?

The Tea Party is more 'extreme' than the GOP. They see Republicans as their direct challengers. The Tea Party actually splits the Republican vote between the more moderate (GOP) and the more extreme (Tea Party).

Think of it this way: Two people are running for a position, one is Republican and one is Democrat. Then along comes the Tea Party. Whose constituents are more likely to vote for the Tea Party guy? Why, the Republican ones, of course. The GOP is the direct challenger for the Republican areas. It's the GOP vs the Tea Party. They split the vote and Democrats win.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Don't bother feeding the troll.................they keep posting about him being a hero etc,

Show us one post where someone claims he is a hero.

just another leftist in loony land. They don't want to talk about the actual reasons and how the shooter is the only one responsible. I have yet to see one fact back up their stupid claims..............just igore them and let them wallow in their delusions.

No one is blaming anyone but the shooter for the shooting. You are just trying to say we cannot discuss all this nasty gun talk just because of what happened on Saturday? I am having the same conversation about Palin, Angle, Bachman, Beck, etc. as I was a week ago and a week before that and before that. This is not new. Just because this nut shot a congresswoman does not excuse these people from the violent crap they have been spewing. Running around saying people are calling him a hero is about as sick and low as one can get in an attempt just to smear another side. No one has called him a hero. No one has absolved him of responsibility. The thing is, what he did does not absolve these other people from the responsibility of what they say. I was worried about the violent scary gun talk in November. I can continue to be upset about it until it stops. If you do not like it, that is really going to have to be too bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join