It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge green fireball seen over southeast us!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
At roughly 8:50pm local time an apparent meteor was spotted by observers in Acadiana including KATC's Hoyt Harris. Hoyt and Acadiana were not alone in the observation with twitter reports (#flashoflight) from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida of a bright object in the sky at the same time. in the story they say it was huge and green! and also a sonic boom was heard ! there has been talk about green meteors on other threads could this be the one? green fireball

and i just saw this connection but all those states that seen the fireball also had either dead fish or birds in the past a connection?
edit on 12-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
www.todaysthv.com...

Here is another story on it. I just heard of it on facebook from a friend. Crazy!
It would be great if someone turns up with video or pics. The pic in the story I am linking, doesn't indicate where is came from or if it is even a pic of this event...so hopefully some good ones show up soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Another Story

Here is another one. This one interviews a guy who was out watching orion. He tells the direction of its path.

Also, this story points out the date 1-11-11.....hmmm...interesting!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The possible meteor was described as a large green ball (copper composition)

When will the media learn green fireballs are not caused by meteorites with copper in them.

Green fireballs are nickel-iron meteorites. nickel burns green.

Leonids are usually bright green as they are nickel/iron and nickel burns very bright green.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
someone got pic on twit

twitpic.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

cool thnx for puttn that up there!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by justagirl

yea 11 11 11 gunna be real freaky day lmao gotta feeling thr gunna be alot of threads that day

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
ATS members need to start seeing exactly what is happening here. Information was created by our ancestors and its all there. The prophecies and predictions.
Birds dying all over the world
Fish dying all over the world
Cracks appearing
Sinkholes
Massive areas flooding
I can go on but itll just end up in a slagging match.

I recently asked a fellow ATS member who in my eyes would be best suited to create a thread that will monitor the Global Ocean Buoys for changes in sea temps pressures etc.

The fact of the matter is, we are going through changes yet ATS continues to deny it and rubbish all claims.
Yes it may sound like scare mongering but in my eyes its fact. The evidence is there. I also believe that every dark cloud has a silver lining as does the doomsday prophecies. Yes the sit will hit the fan but this must all happen in order to bring about change.
Lets not deny what we have done to this planet, our home, now its time for change. A nudge in the right direction to get us all back on the right path.
Does anyone else not find it disgusting how on one side of the planet some have everything yet on the other side they have absolutely nothing? wtf is up with this?
Remember Haiti and bush with his comment " dont send food or blankets, just send your cash"!!! What a cheeky mofo!! and where are the Haitians today? Same place different day? Where is Pakistan and where will Oz be? All in the crap.
Why?
Heres why, because i know for a fact that given the chance everyone would come together and muck in. Helping eachother but we cant.
Freedom has been taken away from all of us, not overnight but over the years. You arent free to do what you want, theyve made sure of that.
Before long FEMA camps will be in place, monetary systems will collapse.
the earth is going through changes and we are all still being denied the truth.

What is it with ATS? Whats happened to this site? Is it about denying ignorance and getting the truth and spreading and sharing that knowledge with others? Making our findings well known.

ATS could rise above the rest by becoming a source of knowledge where its members strive to obtain the truth, instead most of the effort is put in denying the truth.

What you see on the news in Oz may not be shown in the UK or the US or vice versa. We are all being played and you all know it, time is of the essance.
Important threads are being derailed and trashed, whats proof when the proof is supplied by those that are creating the lie?
I rely heavily on my instincts, what i feel is right, if evidence feels right i'll go with that, if not i wont.

Heres a proposition for you all. How about we all remember why we joined this site, our motives, truth removing the veil of deciept?
Thats just my opinion. If there is only me that feels this way then IM the one in the wrong and im in the wrong place.
So what do you all say?
Are we going to stand and be counted and get the truth or are we just gonna roll over and play dumb?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

hear what you are saying but this is totally off-topic and you shouldn't really be posting this here.

I think you are being rude to the OP and risk derailing the thread.

no offence intended.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

its no problem, he was kinda on topic sayn tht all these earthchanges keep
goin on freakn alot peeps out fireballs, floods, deadbirds, you name it its out there, we do need too find the truth, and this site has alot of smart peeps im new here but i was part of a really long thread REALLYlong thread and these people on this site surprised me by showing how they can work together and find answers, he is right about the people that ruin it though after everyones hard work on the thread on person got the thread closed for making a fite , we need too work together i know it can be done i have seen it ! speaking of that thread there was a poster there tht was talkn about a green meteor or somethn tht mite be related too this fireball in my op i hope they show up too tie there theroy in
edit on 12-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
EEEEK!
THE DEBIL MADE ME DO IT!

(sorry, double post)
edit on 12-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

ATS members need to start seeing exactly what is happening here.

Exactly. How many more meteors have to hit on specific dates, how many more disasters and prophecies must be fulfilled before we stop denying the obvious!

This latest meteor is a fantastic example. (I’m still looking for a better pic to post here)...

Thanks to the OP for bringing it to the boards and thanks to you Jazz10 for pointing out what is so obvious, but continually being swept under the carpet by nay sayers.

peace

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

That was not my intention. My sincerest of appologies if that seems to be the case. Sorry.
I find the topic very relevant indeed hence the S&F.
I was merely pointing out what i think. Mods please delete the above post by me if deemed so.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

edit on 12-1-2011 by matrix12 because: vid embed didnt work ugh. search youtube for fireballs they have happend alot

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Greatly said,, I also believe that what we are going trough now has been predicted (Or at least a lot of it, like the falling birds, Fish and a Green Fireball (Meteor)).

S,S&F for this topic and my reply to..

Only time will tell..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

The possible meteor was described as a large green ball (copper composition)

When will the media learn green fireballs are not caused by meteorites with copper in them.

Green fireballs are nickel-iron meteorites. nickel burns green.

This is only partly true. Green does not necessarily mean there is nickel in meteor.

Originally posted by ANNED
Leonids are usually bright green as they are nickel/iron and nickel burns very bright green.

No no no! Where exactly did you get this "info" ("disinfo" might be a better word!) from?

Nickel is not found in Leonids in significant quantities. Lets not forget Leonids are meteoroids ejected by comets, and they are very low in density. They have a similar density to cigarette ash. Does that sound like something made from nickel/iron to you?

Asteroids on the other hand are composed of much denser/harder material, and do have significant quantities of nickel/iron in their composition.

Quite a lot of study has been done on meteor spectra, and especially Leonids. It's been found that the green color in Leonids comes from the forbidden Oxygen emission line at 557.7 nm. Or to put it in simpler terms, when a meteor passes through our atmosphere at high enough velocity, it causes the Oxygen in the air around it to glow green.

As for the OP's theory that green fireballs are linked to mass die-offs in some way... Green fireballs are fairly common, and they are nothing new. Check fireball reports from previous years (which I linked to in the other thread on this topic), and you will find plenty. Die-offs are also a normal occurrence, and I don't see any particular reason to link these two unrelated events. If the green fireball was the cause of all these die-offs, then why did it occur after the die-offs?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Exactly. How many more meteors have to hit on specific dates

Please post a link to these "specific dates".

If you are saying "January" is a specific date, then what about the green fireballs that occur every January?

It's a bit like predicting that the Sun is going to rise some time next week.... any fool could predict that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

Mods please delete the above post by me if deemed so.

Please don't. That was an excellent rendition of what is occurring across the globe, you basically, put it all in a nutshell for me.
What I find unusual is that, outside of Ats, people I talk to everyday (15 maybe 20) not one has commented on what is going on, it's like they are brainwashed.
About the green fireball, haven't got a clue, I'll wait for some more information, before making a judgment.
Things, sure are moving fast though.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread posted on Tue Jan 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM

Meteorite Crashes in Southeast U.S

- closed -

new topics

top topics

join