It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impromptu Meteorite Shower????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
How is it possible to have an impromptu meteorite shower in the 21st century? What about all the telescopes and such trained to the skyes. But that is what everyone thinks about the "meteors" that were seen across 5 states. It being classified as unexplainable is unexplainable to me.

Quote:

After discussions with Federal Emergency Management Agency, the weather service determined that residents probably saw a meteor shower.

No debris or crash site have found, and there have been no reports of a missing aircraft

Full, but brief story:

www.local6.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sorry, searched, but didnt dee the ATSNN....delete this please. Going to read the thread there. Sorry

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The objects responsible for these meteor showers are very small; the size of a pencil eraser or so. We can't detect these -- and furthermore, there's no real interest in detecting celestial objects that small. They hit the atmosphere, make a pretty sight, and disintegrate rapidly.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
How could a meteor the size "of a pencil eraser" enter our astmosphere, burn up, and continue to burn up long enough to be witnessed by 5 states?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Would also like to note, that last night (I work 3rd shift) around 3:47am EST a group of my workmates witnessed a rather large meteor.. made the hair stand up on the back of my neck cuz i remembered reading here about the meteor that wizzed by 5 states..

At first I thought it was a plane heading our way (the headlights) then it got brighter to the point it started lighting the sky and then died off.. was quite a sight! I remember seeing meteor showers as a youth, but never seen one so bright for so long!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am new here and would like to comment on the meteor shower....there wasn't one. take my word for it guys. I am a amatuer Astronomer with two
large telescopes and I know whats going on out there in the cosmos. Also I have several websites I go to that keep me up to date as well and NOTHING was reported there. There was a meteor shower on June 7..The Arietids but those happened during daylight hours so were actually invisable to the naked eye. June 30 saw another shower...the Beta Taurids which also occured during daylight hours. other then that....zip.
As for Assie Bloke and his end of the world scenerio...LOL. The comets he was speaking of Linear and Neat pose no problems for us on Earth. Also his facts were all wrong. He gave clues and hints and pointed you to several websites and from what I gathered he was hinting that a white dwarf star was the lurking unknown threat. WHAT???? it could never happen. The man's science was all wrong. Te stated the sun was a white star...this is in fact false....its not..its a yellow star...part of the main sequence stars which are common throughout the cosmos. The many false statements and his rather narrow knowledge on astrophysics proved to me he was a crack pot long before it was proved that the whole thing was a con.
Anyways thanks for letting me orate and I'm happy to be a new member on what looks like one hell of a interesting message board

top topics

join