It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the night sky red?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This could be completely irrelevent so excuse my ignorance if so, but the sky to the south of my place of residence is glowing an odd orange right now at 12:20 EST. Never saw that before, I mean I've seen lights from bigger towns light up the sky but this looks like something from fire or something. I don't know..

^^^^This is a post from the meteorite thread. See I knew I wasn't crazy! The sky is definitely light pale red

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just noticed also, that post was made before my thread, so some people must be seein this. I am on Lake Ontario

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Im in the San Francisco area and Ive been seeing red night skies for the past year or so. Im a skywatcher, too. After lots of research with few clear results, I have my own theory (at least, for my location). I think its mostly geomagnetic. -solar, combined with faultline energy being released, creating red aurora. Aurora can form over/from active faultlines, and I live ON one, in a dimly lit (@nite) city. Its pretty, & freaky.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gemdog

I have also been noticing our skies occassionally "glowing red" well after dark, happening most often during snowfall. The first time I saw it was just over a year ago.

In fact, it's happening right now (even though sunset was over 4 hours ago). I stumbled upon this site looking for answers. I live in a tiny, remote island community of less than 10 thousand... so I'm pretty confident it's not "city lights".

The aurora lights is an interesting theory, and one I hadn't thought of before.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

I don't know why no one has made a correct answer, but the sky is actually purple. Violet lights have shorter wavelengths so you see the sky as blue. What you are seeing is a lack of blue wavelength.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join