It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: 2011 Predictions (from RT 1/10/2011)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Gerald Celente makes predictions for 2011. More austerity riots in europe. Slower progression to austerity riots in the US. When budget cuts hit countries who stop secretly fueling normalcy with bailouts, everyone will know this is the greatest depression. The youth of the world will see mountains of debt to climb, and no way to get to the top. Cyberwars across the Internet.

edit on 12-1-2011 by dbriefed because: corrections

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Question OP... do you beleive this guy's predictions for the future? If so, why? This is the first I have heard of him, and by no means am I ruling him out as a credible source of information. My personal opinion from what I have seen in that video and a quick google search is a man that has a decent research background, capable of making reasonable assertions about a few future trends that he has a 50/50 shot of being on the correct side of the issue. If he is wrong, the statement falls into obscurity, and if he is correct it will be perpetuated into multiple YouTube videos.

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Without giving specific dates anyone can possibly name anything that will happen in the future with exactly a 50% probability.

But riots in the USA? I didn't hear they were canceling American Idol?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I think he predicted Black Monday all the way back in the 80s. Not the specific day, but what happened on that day in the markets. And he predicted the financial crisis in 2008, one year ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

There is logic to it. It's just like Warren Buffett trading and selling based on his estimation of the stock rising in value. Essentially, Celente looks at trends, analyzes them and then tells us all what he thinks is going to happen. He analyzes current and past trends and then estimates where they will end up in the future.

I can't foresee someone like Celente being silly enough to give specific dates. He says that there is a likelihood that there will be riots and so on and so forth.
edit on 1/12/2011 by PhantomLimb because: added content

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

I would call BS, but show me an article on the prediction and I will reconsider.

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Gerald Celente is the top trends forecaster. He works off actual data rather than psychic feelings. He's been pretty accurate over the last few years.

A number of MSM outlets praise Celente, you can see the quotes on his website: www.trendsresearch.com...

Here is a search of Celente on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...:fzhl_cfnikq&cof=FORID:9&q=%22celente%22+&sa=Search

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I personally do not see it that way at all. As long as you are not paying for his "service" more power to you brother.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers

I would call BS, but show me an article on the prediction and I will reconsider.

Thanks,

SlyF

Gerald Celente predictions:

1) Black Monday
2) Fall of the Soviet Union
3) 1997 Asian financial crisis
4) Dot com bubble burst
5) Sub-prime mortgage crisis

Gerald Celente predicts 1987 stock market crash (Black Monday)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Lets imagine you are responsible for $1,000,000. Would you base any type of trade off of a dude that refuses to lay out any clear timeframes for his predictions? I would suggest absolutely not!

Thanks,

SlyF
edit on 12-1-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: Improper punctuation

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

See my link in the post above.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Read the link, man. It's a pdf of a newspaper story.

Also, if I had a million bucks I wouldn't have it in the stock market. Even Warren Buffett lost money last year. About 25 billion dollars to be exact. The stock market is a scam anyway.
edit on 1/12/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I appreciate you posting the link and I will pour another glass of wine and have a read!

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I'm not saying he's Jesus Christ coming down off the cross. I'm just saying that he looks at trends, evaluates the most likely scenario and puts it out there for people to hear. Now, to be honest, there isn't a single person alive who can give accurate up-to-the-date predictions. To do so would be their own folly. We all know that things change. A war could be started, a coup could go down in an oil rich country, a market could crash and someones trend analysis goes out the door. It's all a gamble. It's just that some people are better at gambling than others.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
He's no prophet.
He's a trends analyst, a financial statistician.

For the last three years or so he has been barking these economic doom predictions on Coast to Coast AM and several morning shows. Of course, like all "seers of the future" in the last five or so years his accuracy has been abysmal, nigh non-existent, yet this is never questioned or even mentioned.
He makes his rounds as a "resident expert" personality emphatically screaming the same constant catchphrases over and over, i.e., "Current events form future trends" and such.
If he is to be believed, we were to have had tax revolts and full economic collapse by 2009... I mean by 2010... I man by 2011...you get the idea.

He is just yet another charlatan in a long line of charlatans making the rounds these days profiting in the spreading of fear based doom and gloom while trying to convince us that gold is the only thing that will save us when it all falls apart.

Take him for what you will.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Yes, but Paul Tudor Jones called it long before him.

Link

Not trying to one up you or anything. But realistically if you think about it the both of us could do the same exact thing.

Now let's see the list of all the things that he was absolutely incorrect in assuming. I am sure the list is exponentially longer. Like I said, to me personally, it is just "entertainment" as long as you aren't paying for his services.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if he employs a mathematical system to help him along. Honestly, I think anyone involved in the markets is someone to be wary of. He is making a profit off these predictions.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Yes, but Paul Tudor Jones called it long before him.

Link

Not trying to one up you or anything. But realistically if you think about it the both of us could do the same exact thing.

Now let's see the list of all the things that he was absolutely incorrect in assuming. I am sure the list is exponentially longer. Like I said, to me personally, it is just "entertainment" as long as you aren't paying for his services.

I wouldn't pay for his services if I could.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Good link... but in the end it is just that; a good link, and has not convinced me further of your argument. The stock market may be a scam, however, emprical data shows the price over time rises. To base assumtions on a one event basis can earn large profits, but can also lose them in the same manner, and if this is the only money you have to invest, you need to be willing to part ways with it. Like I said, the guy has made a few predictions, but do we have any information on his presonal wealth? Surely if he was capable of predicting the markets with such clarity his personal bank account would house quite a large sum of wealth.

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I mean I totally agree. Not a very smart idea, especially if you are basing your risk capital around his "ideas". I am not sure why you would anyway, but he has a following like anyone else that has publicity. More power to him I guess, but just not my cup of tea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join