It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I was talking about the Jay Leno show.

You were?

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by Sinnthia

No! if you read the thread you would see that it was asking why all of these talk shows have nothing but left wing, self centered, jackasses on there shows, spewing garbage, and never anyone from the opposition. It is all one sided. Is it ok to assume you are part of the jackass group?

Your thread seems to suffer from disassociative personality disorder. Is it "all these shows" or just Jay Leno? Make up your mind.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Bill O'Reilly also makes a point of having liberals "on his panel...and intelligent ones at that".
Do you watch?
Doesn't that mean America needs him, too?

No, I don't watch him because I think he's a serious arse. Maher is quite clear that he is a comedian and satirist. Bill O'Reilly fancies himself a commentator and news guy.

I suppose that are are aspects of America that need him, but I can't imagine why!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Bill O'Reilly also makes a point of having liberals "on his panel...and intelligent ones at that".
Do you watch?

No, I don't watch him because I think he's a serious arse. Maher is quite clear that he is a comedian and satirist. Bill O'Reilly fancies himself a commentator and news guy.

I suppose that are are aspects of America that need him, but I can't imagine why!

But you don't understand it at all if someone feels the same way about Maher as you do about O'Reilly.

Sounds kind of hypocritical to me ...

Say, are there any really interesting people from canada to discuss such as we are doing here?
edit on 1/12/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by xyankee

He is just a negative guy altogether when it comes to anything that isn't him. In example, republicans, conservatives, religion, and etc.

He thinks he is always right and the other side is always wrong. He is another Glenn Beck but an Atheist rather than a Mormon.

He is Agnostic.

Are you also slamming all Mormon's because you don't like Beck?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Do you watch?

But you don't understand it at all if someone feels the same way about Maher as you do about O'Reilly.

Read my lips...they are apples and oranges. Maher tells you he is a comic and satirist. O'Reilly tells you he is serious.

Say, are there any really interesting people from canada to discuss such as we are doing here?

Plenty...but you don't seem to have the same awareness of the Great White North, so you would be at a disadvantage.
So play nice.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Do you watch?

Read my lips...they are apples and oranges. Maher tells you he is a comic and satirist. O'Reilly tells you he is serious.

Plenty...but you don't seem to have the same awareness of the Great White North, so you would be at a disadvantage.
So play nice.

Aw, come on.

Give us rubes from the lower 48 a chance.

And why is your different opinions of O'Reilly andd Maher OK for you and not for people that believe otherwise?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
While I must admit I disagree with almost every political view this guy has I watch his show on HBO as a matter of course.

He is simply funny - while I label myself a libertarian some might consider me right (other than religious right I guess) and I can laugh at myself.

Satire is funny whether I listen to his show or Beck, Carlin, Hanity or whoever - it’s good to listen to the other side make fun of you every once in a while - can't take one's self too seriously.

They all deal in hyperbole and satire which is dry, witty and - funny.

Enough said.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I would hardly call Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, or Arnold Schwarzenegger "B-list" actors, just to name a few......

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Do you watch?

Oh Yeah! O'Reilly - - - bullies any guest he doesn't agree with - - - when they try to make a point he just gets louder and louder over talking them - - - and even when they are clear and precise - - - he slams them and declares he won the debate - - if he is interviewed or on any talk show.

Yes I watch. Or at least I used to until it got so ridiculous.

FOX News used to be my news station too - - until it became insane.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

[quoAnd why is your different opinions of O'Reilly andd Maher OK for you and not for people that believe otherwise?

Cuz I'm quoting them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Neither can I imagine - - and I am American.

It is just damn scary that people fall for these arrogant egotistical fear-mongering "carnival barkers".

They prey on people's emotions. Definitely not their intellect.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When Bush was pResident I watched the HBO show all the time. I stopped watching in 2008 because, like most 'progressives' he just became an intolerable ass head. None of you liberals would listen to reason on Obama or Hilary, just like the neocon ass heads wouldn't listen when it came to Bush. So, I really have no sympathy for either of you. And Bill Maher is a media whore, who will push whatever agenda they pay him to push.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just because I dislike Maher so much, beside the fact he's a media whore AND a waste of skin, I'd go as far as to say that anyone who likes this guy is my enemy. Don't want to be so negative but, it's his kind of thinking that's ruining the country I love so much. Dick Nose is what I call him. You'll never see him in pictures from the MENSA picnics. We need to make these liberal weasels go back under the stairs where they belong.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A definite nut case. I most certainly agree.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Penn and Teller are true Libertarians - Constitutionalists.

Bill Maher is just a typical Democrat - Left Wing Liberal in his views.

The Republican - Right Winger would be someone like Dennis Miller.

Penn and Teller are way way better than the other two by far.

edit on 12-1-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
Just because I dislike Maher so much, beside the fact he's a media whore AND a waste of skin, I'd go as far as to say that anyone who likes this guy is my enemy. Don't want to be so negative but, it's his kind of thinking that's ruining the country I love so much. Dick Nose is what I call him. You'll never see him in pictures from the MENSA picnics. We need to make these liberal weasels go back under the stairs where they belong.

Love it. When someone has different views then you - - they lack intelligence.

Do you have a degree from Cornell University?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No. You don't need a degree to know a 'Dickhead' when you see one, and Maher is a big one. He's as valuable to me as a bucket of scum. Is that clear enough for you, not having a degree and all?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Bill Maher lives to create conflict! You either hate him or love him. I didn't watch him on Leno, but I did catch him on Anderson Cooper in an interview that I had mixed feelings about. Again, someone pointing fingers and placing blame on the right for the AZ shooting - both are at fault. As a serious journalist, Cooper should have called him out on this, but he didn't. I do happen to agree with him about his opinion on terrorism. I think Bill Maher wants to appear to be a scholar in politics and religion, but his credentials fall far short of that. He has a Bachelor of Arts in History. Whenever I see him as a serious guest commentator on the news, my memory of him as a character actor on Murder She Wrote pops into my mind. I think his bark is worse than his bite!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
reply to post by Annee

No. You don't need a degree to know a 'Dickhead' when you see one, and Maher is a big one. He's as valuable to me as a bucket of scum. Is that clear enough for you, not having a degree and all?

Did I say one thing about your personal viewpoint? NO - I did not.

Did I say anything about you calling someone names that you do not agree with? NO - I did not.

Do you have a University Degree? (actually Maher has two). You come off kind of silly attacking his intellect.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631
He has a Bachelor of Arts in History.

English and History.

Like he says - - he wanted to be a comedian since he was 10. He admits he had a great education - - but never wanted to be anything but a comedian.

He is a satirist. A satirist sees and points out the absurdities in life. Much of his focus is on politics - - but he has other points of interest as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join