It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Who does this guy think he is? I watched him on Leno show last night and went out of my mind!!! I am afraid to think what I would do if he was in front of me. His comments are always negative when talking about Rep. or Conservatives. Why don't we ever see right wing Celebes on shows like Leno. I had to watch this guy 4times in the last year!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm on the left, and I think he's a nutcase too. It seems like he contradicts what he says all the time. And then he acts like a tough s*** even though he's not. Don't get the fascination with him...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This guy makes me want to impale myself on the nearest sharp object. I am no longer surprised at the ignorance he spews out of his miserable mouth.

I think he is totally a shock addict. He spends his life thinking of what he can do next for jaw dropping affect.

IMHO he is "The Troll" of tv. Problem is, people are waiting in line to feed him.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The guys brilliant.
And ya, he gets neocons all riled up. I find that part funny also.

I wonder beyond being a liberal, what exactly you don't like about him...

And anyhow...what right wing stars? I think there are what...like 4 B rated actors total that are right wing...

Typically fame exposes you to a broad global audience, and thats typically when the slide to the left happens...once you stop looking at your back yard and start looking at the world.

Perhaps watch his shows to get the full scope of who he is verses a 2 minute Leno interview may put things in perspective.

Meh, I bet your not a fan of Stewart/Colbert either

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
He is a comedian - - in case ya didn't know.

Maybe Political Satirist is a better descriptive.

Is he Left? Yes - absolutely! Does he know his politics? Yes he does.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The guys brilliant.

Hey - he's better then Limbaugh.

Maher invites neocons to be in his audience and on his show

Limbaugh screens his calls so he only gets neocons.

Oh the horrors.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The guys brilliant.

Hey - he's better then Limbaugh.

Maher invites neocons to be in his audience and on his show

Limbaugh screens his calls so he only gets neocons.

Oh the horrors.

Well ya, because he is pretty smug and sure of himself intellectually...the guy is a master at spin and debate..but, ya...he is simply liberal humor. A neocon will explode watching him in the same way a liberal will explode when listen to limbaugh or hannity.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

What did Bill Maher say that especially offended you? Or what things did he specifically do that made you believe were harsh and unfair?
edit on 12-1-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
He definitely does contradict himself. I am sure religious types despise him as well (Religulous).

I can agree with a lot of what he says.. then sometimes.. well yeahhh. But I would have to say he is pretty funny overall and I don't mind him.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Hes a real jackass.

But he's a semi-intelligent, self inflating jackass that does at times become humorous.

Other than that. A jackass. Don't care for him.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

He is just a negative guy altogether when it comes to anything that isn't him. In example, republicans, conservatives, religion, and etc.

He thinks he is always right and the other side is always wrong. He is another Glenn Beck but an Atheist rather than a Mormon.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Bill Maher is a joke. His contributions teeter on the verge of being utterly rediculous while somehow maintaining a large fan-base of idiots who claim to be intellectual. Aside from Nick Cage, I can't think of anyone I hate more... It would take quite a bit of convincing for this guy to gain any credibility in my eyes, but as always, I'm open to some new ideas...

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was slightly offended by his rant tonight on Leno. At first , I couldn't wait to come here and complain about it , then I realized he was painting us all with very broad strokes, and he is a 'comedian' and its his job to ruffle some feathers... so I waited till I saw Maynard on Carson Daly

When he said get rid of guns and all this talk about the 2nd amendment .... and admit guns are just a vice, I thought of a certain recent thread here.

In his little mind you can't be pro 2nd amendment and against the war. I think that's the part that bothered me the most, because I would fall into that category.
Besides, the audience didn't seem to care too much for what he was saying , save a little bit about the NRA.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Maybe I dont understand this man, but to me, when he began to take himself seriously and push his political views with a force he became obscure.

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The only thing I hated about Bill Maher was his constant self-proclaimation that he was a libertarian. He is not, and I think he has stopped using that name.

I liked Religulous. He brings up some good points and gets right down in the places he criticises.

He is a progressive on economic issues and a liberal in social issues, though he is not particularly open to new ideas.

I can see why people enjoy his stuff, much the same as I enjoy the work of Penn and Teller on thier BS! show.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yeah, those NJ guys can be hard to take. I guess I just feel bad that someone is forcing you to watch him. We really are being controlled
I second Guardian's question too...what specifically did you find hard to handle or swallow?
edit on 1/12/2011 by ~Lucidity because: left out my question.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Alright, I just realized I can't say a redeeming thing about this guy. What do the viewers of his show or fans of his have to say that can paint him in a positive regard?

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

He says some funny stuff. I think most of his jokes are more content over comedy, but that's how satire has kind of devolved.

Religulous is interesting even if you are a believer in one of the religions he criticises.

He was also good in "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death".... which is a hilarious B-movie from 1989.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I have read a bunch of your responses and I will overall dignify them as "making sense". I appreciate the perspective, as I asked for it, but would never in my own words justify his jokes as really having any true content.

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
Who does this guy think he is? I watched him on Leno show last night and went out of my mind!!! I am afraid to think what I would do if he was in front of me. His comments are always negative when talking about Rep. or Conservatives. Why don't we ever see right wing Celebes on shows like Leno. I had to watch this guy 4times in the last year!

My television is capable of displaying multiple channels as well as having the ability to be shut off completely. I am not sure what the conspiracy is here but I suggest you look into one of these fancy new sets that turns off and has more than one channel on it. I have not seen Bill Maher on tv in years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join