It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Southeast U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes that video of the house in Ridgeland is actually two doors down from me.

I was outside playing with my dog when it happened.

I was bending over to pick up the ball to throw it for him again when the flash happened. Needless to say I thought I was being "taken" by "them"

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I thought I would bump this thread and just state the fact that it is January 17, 2011...and no one is talking about asteroids or meteorites.

Has it clued to anyone that there is a meteor expected to be passing by Earth this day?

Link: lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

Expect more green meteor fireball activity through the end of JAN 2011 Just prior to, during, and just after the 17th and 28th a higher probability of green meteor fireballs is predicted by Meteor/Meteorite News. Keep your cameras ready and get outside to watch! Help the Meteor/Meteorite News out!!!!

NEO 2011 AN52 close approach 17JAN2011

So just thought I would let everyone know to keep a watch out into the night skies for green fireballs and, of course, UFOs!!! Enjoy the viewing

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
RSOE is reporting a cosmic event in the United States air space. But there are NO details at all whatsoever!!

Anyone have a clue what it is talking about? My lil girl has been down with the flu so if something like this flew over my house I would be oblivious.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
I thought I would bump this thread and just state the fact that it is January 17, 2011...and no one is talking about asteroids or meteorites.

No one is talking about it because it's a normal occurrence, and it's nothing worth making a fuss over.

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Has it clued to anyone that there is a meteor expected to be passing by Earth this day?

Plenty of people are aware of this NEO if that is what you are asking.

PS. "Meteors" don't pass by Earth. A meteor is defined as the luminous phenomena we see when a meteoroid (or asteroid) passes through Earth's atmosphere. A meteoroid only becomes a meteorite if it reaches the ground.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Please delete - I hit the wrong button :/
edit on 21-10-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join