It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Congressman: If Violent Rhetoric Didn't Cause This Shooting, It Will Cause Next One

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Originally posted by xuenchen
He "fell through the cracks"

a great excuse by the "authorities" for failure.

one "authority" sees a problem and passes it to somebody else for "fear" of a lawsuit or job dismissal.

how about we get some laws and authorities that actually Protect you and me from,

I repeat FROM the mental cases and drug addicts that plague the system and seem to be lurking all over the place!

edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

The laws are in place to prevent this type of mas killing from ever happening. It's not the fault of the laws, it's the fault of the persons who are supposed to be enforcing them. The Sheriff was assuredly notified when the college kicked him to the curb and said he couldn't come back without a psych eval. The crazy thing is, he's the first person to hop in front of a camera and blame anyone but himself! Aside from that, he's supposed to uphold the laws, the constitution, and bill of rights, yet he's basically blaming people for a crime without due process or a court of law at all. That should be grounds for the SHERIFF being in jail.

I dont think he "fell through the cracks". That is just silly. You can not force someone to get a psyche evaluation. You can not force someone who is mental to take their meds. You say that laws are in place to prevent this type of thing, I say nonsense. The laws we have are not preventing anything, they are a deterrent. Gun laws do not prevent people from owning guns. Drunk driving laws do not stop people from driving drunk. They are deterrents. A rational thinking person weighs the risk and makes a choice. If it is not worth the risk of being caught, you don't do it. Murder is against the law. The Law does not stop me from killing someone, the idea of sitting in prison for 25 to life does. Besides, just cause the kid was mental does not make the police at fault or the school, or even the parents. Plenty of people have mental issues, but not all of them are violent. Not all of them will ever pick up a firearm and fire randomly into a crowd. Painting everyone with issues with such a broad brush is not very wise.

There are some things you simply can not prevent. If someone wants to do you harm, they will get to you sooner or later. If you ban guns, they will use knives. You can ban knives, but people will use rocks. You can hide all the rocks, but people will use cars. This is just a fact of life. You can not be protected every second of every day. You have to take responsibility for protecting yourself. As a Congresswomen, she would have had better security for a public appearance. She should have had an area sectioned off and anyone who can get close to her should have to at least go through a metal detector. To me that is just common sense. As a political figure you are a target. It comes with the territory. Weather it is by political opponents or some nut, someone is going to hate you. Especially with the political climate in the USA right now, if I was a Congressman I would not be out in public period! If I was, I would not be out in the open with the people. The Government has been screwing the people for years, they continue to screw the people, and people are pissed off.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

your points are well taken.

and,
That's why they call it:::

[color=Cyan]a classic case of "Group Anonymity" to avoid "Responsibility"

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by xuenchen because:

<< 1   >>

join